Emote Ideas

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Silea said:
    let them use bubble or watergun
    Bubble is actually what I've been working on. v_v
  • They already have gillflare or something I think, I can't really think of Merian emotes either
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • edited July 2016
    Twytch said:
    Hi! I'm not sure where to place this exactly, but could HELP RACIALEMOTES be updated for the, well, racial emote? I didn't know kephera CHIRR existed until I stumbled onto this thread. :)

Well, chirr only existed until the other day, so don't be too surprised about its sudden appearance! Anyway, in regard to your question, HELP RACIAL EMOTES gets updated roughly a day or two after new racial emotes are created. So plan on it being updated soon. 
  • Merian emotes this time: merpolish (think like nails, but not) and merblink
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    burble(at)

1u: Unable to contain yourself any longer, you burble incoherently about the current topic.
    3u: Ieptix begins burbling incoherently about something incomprehensible.

burbleat person

1t: Excitedly, you burble at Iosai about the current topic.
    2t: Ieptix burbles incomprehensibly at you.
    3t: Ieptix burbles incomprehensibly at Iosai.

You excitedly burble, "You'll never believe what Roark is up to!"
    Ieptix excitedly burbles, "You'll never believe what Roark is up to!"

You excitedly burble at Iosai, "He flipped the Transplanar Fulcrux's polarity!"
    Ieptix excitedly burbles at you, "He flipped the Transplanar Fulcrux's polarity!"
    Ieptix excitedly burbles at Iosai, "He flipped the Transplanar Fulcrux's polarity!"
  • TIL about HELP RACIAL EMOTES.

Huh.

• HELP RACIAL EMOTES has been updated with all the previously mentioned emotes.
  • Hoaracle said:

Merian emotes this time: merpolish (think like nails, but not) and merblink

HUGE Thank you! Yay!
  • Just realized Xenthos disagreed with me saying -I- couldn't think of anymore emotes lol. I must have hit disagree on one of his posts somewhere and caused him to administer the forum karma
    The Inner Sea.
    I take commissions doe.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Can't remember, is ROAR one of the ones that works differently for some races?
  • Not for emotes so much as emoting. But could we get the MKO Emoting system ported over here? It's very robust and allows for things like in emote says, prepended emotes ects.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Prepended emoting works in Lusternia. Lusternian emoting is missing colored says and item referencing, primarily. 
  • %%Language%% also doesn't work

I think we've asked for colored says in emotes but were told we don't have to be like the other games, not sure.
    Your numbers today are:
  • Kilee said:
    %%Language%% also doesn't work

I think we've asked for colored says in emotes but were told we don't have to be like the other games, not sure.
    Seems like a clear improvement rather than a very particular special feature to me, and sort of a silly rationalization as well. I imagine the admin team here might be more eager to commit resources elsewhere, particularly with the Overhaul underway, but this at least -seems- like a relatively small project, from the outside looking in, and one that would make a huge difference for those into longform RP.
  • Lusternia uses the same coding engine as MKO they could literally just replace the code from MKO's
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Aisyrion said:
    This at least -seems- like a relatively small project, from the outside looking in, and one that would make a huge difference for those into longform RP.
    Almost every time a statement like this is made, we find out that it's almost exactly opposite. From the outside looking in is a terrible place to evaluate the difficulty in changing the code.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Two new emotes are available: blowbubbles (Merian-only), perhaps the shadiest emote so far; and identify (general), which may be a useful emote for future events! Enjoy!
  • @Hoaracle - Could we get some crowform emotes, more  Glom emotes! Pleaaase and thank you.
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Unfortunately, we can't create emotes that are designed for skillsets, but more Glom/Blacktalon emotes can be done!
  • more tae'dae emotes?
  • Are changeling-specific emotes possible?

• Eldanien said:
    Are changeling-specific emotes possible?
    Sorry, no! It seems the changeling race isn't considered a race for emotes in the same way other races are. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Any chance for more affectionate emotes that aren't for the sappy-lovey-dovey kind of relationships? Things like softsmile and fhkiss, for familial affection.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Oh, and to contribute!

FRAME

1u: In a flash of inspiration, You use Your forefingers and thumbs to frame the image perfectly.
    3u: Isune suddenly holds up Her forefingers and thumbs, peering through the gap.

1t: Inspired by Trillillial, You use Your forefingers and thumbs to frame Her perfectly.
    2t: Isune suddenly holds up Her forefingers and thumbs, and peers through the gap at You.
    3t: Isune suddenly holds up Her forefingers and thumbs while peering at Trillillial.

up: Isune is here framing the scene with Her fingers.
    2p: Isune is here framing You with Her fingers.
    3p: Isune is here framing Trillillial with Her fingers.

SIZEUP

1u: You squint along Your thumb, sizing up the scene.
    3u: Maylea squints along Her arm, thumb outstretched.

1t: You squint along Your thumb, sizing up Lisaera.
    2t: Maylea squints at You, holding Her thumb up at arm's length.
    3t: Maylea squints at Lisaera past an outstretched thumb.

up: Maylea is here squinting at Her own thumb.
    2p: Maylea is here squinting at You past Her thumb.
    3p: Maylea is here sizing Lisaera up with Her thumb.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Luce said:
    Any chance for more affectionate emotes that aren't for the sappy-lovey-dovey kind of relationships? Things like softsmile and fhkiss, for familial affection.
    Hoaracle, teach us how to love platonically.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I was searching this thread to offer highlighted(preferably cyan) says in emotes, but as it is already proposed. I'll just support it, it may sound like nothing major of course. But I'm "feeling" it is one of the main reasons why I do not feel like emoting in-depth or role play for hours on Lusternia. 
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Shaddus said:
    PROCEED

1:  You steeple your hands in front of your face and ominously murmur, "Proceed."
    3:  Entrias steeples his hands in front of his face and ominously murmurs, "Proceed."
    1t: You frown at $(name$) with a vague hint of displeasure and murmur, "Proceed."
    2t: $+(name$) frowns at you in displeasure and murmurs, "Proceed.."
    3t: $+(name$) frowns at $(lname$) in displeasure and murmurs, "Proceed."
    Pose: $+(name$) stands here, steepling ($his) hands in front of ($his) face..
    Bump
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    CHILDREN!

1: You throw up your hands and exclaim, "Children!"
    3: Pesukaru throws his hands into the air and exclaims, "Children!"
    1t: You roll your eyes at Chirbo and mutter, "Children..."
    2t: Pesukaru rolls his eyes at you and mutters something under his breath.
    3t: Pesukaru rolls his eyes at Chirbo and mutters something under his breath.
    tp: Pesukaru is muttering at Chirbo under his breath.
  • The following emotes may or may not be a thing now:
    • steeple
    • children
    • yw
    Enjoy!  B)
  • edited January 2017
    Isune said:
    The following emotes may or may not be a thing now:
    • steeple
    Enjoy!  B)
    9800h, 10800m, 10800e, 10p exk<>-steeple
    That is not a valid command.