Fantasy Football

SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
We have a little over a month before the NFL season starts. I also happen to love Fantasy Football, and would love to play in a league with any of you that also love it. I tried starting something up last year, but it was a little too late, so hopefully this will give us enough time.

If you're interested, respond in this thread and we'll get something going. I like to use ESPN personally, but if there are strong opinions to use a different provider, that works.

@Silvanus @Kaimanahi - I forget who else was interested last year! We'll need around 8-10 people, but can roll with 6 or 12.

(Of course, there's going to be some kind of wager, like 20 credits per person, with the top 3 people winning something).

Everiine said:
"'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
-Synkarin's Lament.

Comments

• I'm in.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    Also in!
  • I'm in! I'll default to my standard of letting the computer pick my starting team, but I'll be active during the season itself.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I'll play
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • Now I feel bad about a comment I made to friends the other day (not really) when they were making fun of pokemon go.

"So you think a video game that has people going outside and getting excercise is silly because it is 'pokemon'? Sit down, grab a beer and tell me again about your fantasy football league."
  • Still a valid comment.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Why feel bad about it? I happen to enjoy both.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    We need 3 more people! I know there's more football lovers out there.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited July 2016
    Is there something on the website that can generate a team for me and is someone willing to tell me how well I'm doing/not doing? If so, then I have 20 credits.
    Yes - you can autodraft (which is what Krackenor would be doing). 

You'll have to make sure your players are not on bye or injured etc. each week. 

You can always ask questions

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I'm okay with questions. 

So my first one is what's "football?"
    edited July 2016
    Football is where you give me 20 credits

Anyway, if Celina is in, we only need 2 more. There's got to be two more people willing to play.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • So long as it's not overly involved I will do it
    The minimum commitment is once or twice a week - making sure your lineup is active on Sunday, and then dropping/picking up players off of waivers. It's not very involved, though if you want to win you'll need to pay some attention to things happening around the league (performance, injuries, bye weeks).
    There's got to be -one- more person that enjoys football!

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Really you only have to check it twice a week, I do it three times.

Tuesday - set waiver claims, look at injuries.

Friday - The day team's announce final injury report for the week, you don't need to look at this day really but I always do.

Sunday morning - set your lineup. Some teams will have late scratches, so I always check my team right before the games start.

It isn't something that is time consuming at all, but you do you have to check it.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I have no idea what any of that means.
    I'll explain it to you later

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I meant so long as there is no like elaborate video conference from drafting teams and what not
    Oh we are all actually meeting at BDubs, 8 oclock.
    The actual draft can take an hour, but you could just have the computer autodraft for you if you really wanted.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Silvanus said:

Every week your pokemon go into battle on Sunday and Monday, you have hundreds of pokemon to choose from but you can only choose 6.

Once they are active and started battling, they can't be replaced until the week is over. During the battles, sometimes they can acquire injuries, like paralysis, burns, confusion.

On Tuesday, the next week has begun and you have the chance to replace any Pokemon you want out of the ones in the field, perhaps that pokemon sucked or perhaps it's injured. You decide what pokemon you want to add/replace in your lineup of 6 and add them to a list. On Wednesday morning at some point, there'll be a rotation of the choices of pokemon through all the players in the game and you may or may not get the pokemon you want. That was known as your Waiver claim, your first chance to pick up wild Pokemon.

Now, any time between Wednesday and Sunday morning, you can add and replace pokemon from the wild without having to adhere to a rotating waiver wire claim. On Friday morning, you will find out if your Pokemon healed from certain injuries and are able to battle on Sunday, and can add/replace pokemon if yours didn't heal in time.

Occasionally, Sunday morning, your Pokemon may not have actually recovered from their injuries or didn't have enough painkillers to go through this week's battle, and you will need to replace them before they get locked into Battle.

Passing by to say this is a thing of absolute beauty.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • And that means she'll play!
    Boom @Sylandra is #8

Little did she know we secretly plotted to force the next new person to post to be our 8th player

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    OH NO well damn ok but I have no idea what I'm doing
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    @Sylandra - I'm really just kidding (unless you're really down to play). We are looking for one more person though.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    @Synkarin too late the Buff Jiggly Puffs are definitely happening. I'm down!
    Daraius said:
    Awesome, We have 8 then, I'll get a league set up on ESPN and send a message to grab emails for invites and we'll figure out a draft day.

The Lusternian Gridiron Showdown 2016 will get underway.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Easy credits.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.