Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Daraius said:

That's awesome. We need a gossip jockey in Hallifax! Oh wait, it's Sylandra. :P

Here's some gossip, bb. Have I ever told you that I'm actually a cat person?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited August 2016
    Jesus Christ these forums. Our favourite gorilla has been reincarnated in Lusternia.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maligorn said:

Jesus Christ these forums.

Our favourite gorilla has been reincarnated in Lusternia.

There's a sign language using, kitten loving gorilla named Koko in Lusternia?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • She killed her kitten by accident and tried to blame it on something or someone else.

@Shaddus
    is dead like the dodo
  • edited August 2016
    On the one hand, I like that there's a login promo this month, and influencing 5 commuters is pretty easy. 30 dings is also a nice prize.

On the other hand, pretty sure this means at least one more month without Sako :(
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sylandra said:

Daraius said:

That's awesome. We need a gossip jockey in Hallifax! Oh wait, it's Sylandra. :P

Here's some gossip, bb. Have I ever told you that I'm actually a cat person?
    I thought you were a bird person...
  • Sakaki said:

Getting decidedly grumpy with the drunk that is always sitting at the bar at the wailing woman inn. Never talks, doesn't bring any profit to the inn, just sits there nursing the one same drink that has very likely gone bad over the years - I know he has never asked me for a drink, which also leads me to wonder if he is shoplifting while I'm not in the inn.

As much as I would like to remove him, the guards seem disinterested and if I was to slay him outright, I would become an enemy of my home, due to his being considered loyal to the engine despite his doing nothing beyond getting drunk day in and day out. /forumrp

(Trying to think of possible options, but due to his status, it's kind of limited as to what can be done - even RPing him being trespassed from the inn would not work without a divine coming to the rp-party and removing him/unmarking him as loyal. He doesn't have any quests or anything, doesn't talk AFAIK, just responds to virtually all emotes with 'A drunk bobs his head as he lapses in and out of consciousness')

The drunk is an amazing gossip and a tool of the great houses. And a great relic of the wailing woman inn's past.
  • (waiting for the pay to win rant)
    Your numbers today are:
  • Maligorn said:

Jesus Christ these forums.

Our favourite gorilla has been reincarnated in Lusternia.

I knew I heard rustling
  • Want to buy less totem carving, or no totem carving, or not costing almost 8s of equilibrium totem carving.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Dylara said:

Want to buy less totem carving, or no totem carving, or not costing almost 8s of equilibrium totem carving.

Don't be unreasonable - the cities have to maintain their statues after all.
  • edited August 2016
    Give us the ability to destroy totems like statues can be destroyed then we'll talk. Assuming someone is around to carve elders into totems, nothing can be done to them until they revert back into elders again.

8sec balance is a small price to pay for what is effectively an indestructible statue.

(Also yes, I'm aware that only one totem can be bonded to at one time, or so I heard, which I am guessing limits the amount of 'active' totems (pseudo-statues) the communes can have going simultaneously. Would not have a problem with more of them being able to be active if there was a way to negate them like a statue can be broken down)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • Despite my sarcasm, my position isn't that totems should be made better, it's that they should be the same as statues. So, sure, @Sakaki, let's split the difference.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Let me create a totem without taking multiple real life days. Also, make destroying an elder a long channeled action instead of a couple of chops. "Indestructible statue" is a pretty silly comparison, there is a lot more going on there and you cannot realistically boil it down to just one facet.
  • Doesn't matter how long it takes to do something if there's no one there to stop you :?.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    .....what?

It does matter when you are trying to make comparisons between statues and totems. A statue takes less than a second to put up. Totems take RL days. Which one is easier to stop?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Yarith said:

Doesn't matter how long it takes to do something if there's no one there to stop you :?.

Er. Let's say there are 50 elders and 50 statues. If it takes me five minutes per statue, and 8 seconds per elder, then that means it takes 250 minutes to destroy all those statues or about 7 minutes for all those elders. Pretty sure that time difference does matter, that is a lot of extra time for someone to show up and stop you. Plus, it is way quicker to put the (fewer destroyed) ones back up to boot.
    Why don't we just not.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Woah, calm down crusader.
    To provide context, the statement was regarding the destruction of obejcts, x seconds channel vs. y seconds chopping. I don't think it's an invalid statement.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • You guys have itchy trigger fingers.
    I easily go through 3-4 hours of no people around who'd stop me pulling down statues during the week.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    I still don't get it, it's still an invalid statement. You also can't look at things in a vacuum. Just ignoring the other parts doesn't do you any favours.

There's still a significant difference between two chops and one channeled action (in which you can't do anything else or it fails).

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Yarith said:

You guys have itchy trigger fingers.
    I easily go through 3-4 hours of no people around who'd stop me pulling down statues during the week.

We get the fact that you have plenty of time to sit around and grief others while we have jobs and actually have a life outside Lusternia, but I'm pretty sure we shouldn't base "what's fair" on that, thanks.
  • I would much rather have statues, personally. At least I know that they're doing something, bit I guess it gives me a reason to use all my powers tones up.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• edited August 2016
    I still think my statement is correct. If there's no one there to stop you it doesn't matter how long it takes to achieve a goal, it will be achieved.

Though seeing as this is the Lusternian forums and any statement requires thorough analysis and defence, even if it was an attempt at light humour, I suppose I better retract my statement and cede any understanding regarding the mechanic pending review.

Edit: And there's the ad hominem.
    Edit*2: My statement had no reference on 'fairness', it was just a statement. Claiming that I was commenting on fairness is assigning meaning which doesn't exist there. I clearly have an agenda where I want to chop trees easily, seeing as I do it all the time during the hours where I have no life.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    That is demonstrably false, though, unless there is nobody there for an entire 24 hour period. The longer it takes you to do something, the greater the likelihood of being caught. It is basic common sense. A multiplayer game is not a stasis chamber, and starting an action when nobody is around does not put a lock on the game's login routines preventing anyone else from connecting.
  • edited August 2016
    Right. It's demonstratively false. Does that mean the statement internal to itself is? No. Why do you have to make an argument out of everything?
    Edit: Remind me to take a course in semantics.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Sakaki said:

Give us the ability to destroy totems like statues can be destroyed then we'll talk. Assuming someone is around to carve elders into totems, nothing can be done to them until they revert back into elders again.

8sec balance is a small price to pay for what is effectively an indestructible statue.

(Also yes, I'm aware that only one totem can be bonded to at one time, or so I heard, which I am guessing limits the amount of 'active' totems (pseudo-statues) the communes can have going simultaneously. Would not have a problem with more of them being able to be active if there was a way to negate them like a statue can be broken down)

You are correct, only one may be bonded per person at a time for 12 rl days, although they did finally allow us to renew it ypears ago instead of waiting for the revert. I also have a nest i need to upkeep which requires corpses so that I can snack on some nummy carrion for my skills, which thankfully loses carrion at a fairly slow rate if it's kept up. It's fantastic when we have active people who are also able to be around and carve, and right now it's very sucky because when they reverted it was just me and a bard, who cannot help carve. Anyone can carve a statue if they learn the skill in arts, only people who learn Crow/Stag can carve.

Hence my frustration last night. I personally get nothing from carving, this is time better spent else where but to leave them uncarved is an invitation for some choppy choppy which would cost me more time.

Oh my gosh

Yes @Yarith - if nobody is around to stop you, you will achieve your goal of doing whatever. That literally has no bearing (and rightly shouldn't have any bearing) on anything else in this conversation, so why did you post to begin with? The only person arguing semantics here is you.

I mean jesus, it's like saying well there's no Illuminati around anymore, so it should be fair for me to give them a 5p, 1 second instakill. Nobody is ever around to use that skill, so it's totally fair and balanced right?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Because this is tweets. Maybe I thought that the sentence on its own was a little funny and reflective.
    Thanks.

Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
This discussion has been closed.