A failed quest?

I screwed up the quest to open the Gorgog rift this morning, but a patient and observant Divine was watching and helped me turn it into a success.
You say, "Gognigin says you should admit defeat."

You greet Archmage Marinus Shervalian with a sincere smile.

Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "Gognigin, a cunning gorgog, has a piece of the rod needed to seal
the rift. If we kill enough gorgogs, he must admit defeat! Bring me the bodies and we shall see what
happens."

Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "Gognigin, a cunning gorgog, has a piece of the rod needed to seal
the rift. If we kill enough gorgogs, he must admit defeat! Bring me the bodies and we shall see what
happens."

happens."

happens."

You say, "You admit defeat!"

You say, "Gognigin sent me."

You give an ornate rod to Archmage Marinus Shervalian.
Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "An ornate rod is exactly what I need for the machine to seal off
the gorgogs! Please, take this gold as a token of our appreciation."
Archmage Marinus Shervalian reaches into his robes, withdrawing a small bag of gold which he passes
to you.

Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "The machine to seal the gorgogs needs a special metal dish. I
don't know where to find one! Perhaps one of our members will know..."

Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "The machine to seal the gorgogs needs a special metal dish. I

Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "Greetings, stranger. I hope you come in peace, as we have no need
for more enemies."

You say, "Gognigin says to give up."

You say, "Surrender!"

Archmage Marinus Shervalian ponders the situation.

You give a pained sigh.

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "Gognigin is coming for you, you know."

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "You should just admit defeat."

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "I've already given him most of the pieces of the machine he
needs to open the rift. Just surrender already."

Archmage Marinus Shervalian exclaims, "Impertinent viscanti whelp!"

You smirk at Archmage Marinus Shervalian.

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "Hey, I'm just the messenger."

Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "I will wipe that smirk off your face, foolish abomination."

Archmage Marinus Shervalian lifts a hand to point it at you as he mutters hostile-sounding syllables
under his breath, a scalding jet of water slams into your chest, blistering you with its heat as it
knocks you down.

You have slain Archmage Marinus Shervalian.
A blackened parchment tumbles out of Archmage Marinus Shervalian.

You give a pained sigh.

You say, "You made me..."

You yell, "Attention, fish-people of Nyalia, your Archmage is dead!"

You yell, "I tried to go about this peacefully, but he struck first!"

You murmur softly to yourself.

You have emoted: Naecia glances around the room quickly, trying to find a place where a piece to the
machine might be hiding.

A merian bravo exclaims, "Here she is!"

A sedate office.
The air is filled with motes of light emanating from a healing shrine of Terentia nearby. This
location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. A merian bravo stands here, looking at you
with suspicion evident in his eyes.
You see exits leading east and down.

A merian bravo clenches his fists and pummels you, muscles toned from years of hard work flexing
powerfully with each punch.

Grimacing with disgust, you look around with scornful contempt at the weakness surrounding you.

You say, "Find me the rod that the gorgogs need or I'll slaughter every last one of you."

A sedate office.
The air is filled with motes of light emanating from a healing shrine of Terentia nearby. This
location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. There are 5 merian bravoes here.

You say, "Five..."

You say, "Four..."

You say, "Three..."

You say, "Two..."

You exclaim, "One!"

You allow the energy stored in a gilded cage to explode outwards in a coruscating flare, augmenting
your assault.
You have slain a gallant merian bravo.

A gallant merian bravo slams a clenched fist into your gut, and as you double over with the impact,
slams his knee up into your face.

"bravo145739" a gallant merian bravo
Number of objects: 1

You say, "Alright, you're the last one left."

You say, "I need an ornate rod."

You ask, "Find it for me and I'll not turn you into slime, 'kay?"

A gallant merian bravo exclaims, "I do not fear death! For the isles!"

A gallant merian bravo clenches his fists and pummels you, muscles toned from years of hard work
flexing powerfully with each punch.

You roll your eyes at a gallant merian bravo.

You have slain a gallant merian bravo.

You say, "Come on, Naecia, you're letting your anger screw this up..."

You have emoted: Naecia takes a deep breath, clenching her fists tightly together.

A shaded balcony of blue marble.
location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. One or two light fluffy clouds drift lazily
through the sky. There are 2 merian children here. A merian bravo stands here, looking at you with
suspicion evident in his eyes.

You say to a merian bravo, "You look like someone who doesn't want to see me slaughter two children
in front of you."

You say to a merian bravo, "The Archmage has a nice, fancy rod and I want it."

You murmur softly to yourself.

You mutter, "Not how I meant that to sound."

A merian child skips out to the west, giggling happily.

A merian child skips out to the west, giggling happily.

A shaded balcony of blue marble.
location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. One or two light fluffy clouds drift lazily
through the sky. A merian bravo stands here, looking at you with suspicion evident in his eyes.
You see a single exit leading west.

You have emoted: Naecia watches the children leave, pursing her lips in contemplation.

You say, "You're the last goddamned person on this island who isn't pre-pubescent. Please,
for your sake, get me the rod."

A merian bravo says, "We will die for this island, viscanti, and so will you, for your crimes and
hubris."

A merian bravo clenches his fists and pummels you, muscles toned from years of hard work flexing
powerfully with each punch.

You have emoted: Naecia grows visibly angrier. "Fine. Fine. FINE."

You have slain a merian bravo.
A few golden sovereigns spill from the corpse.

You have emoted: Naecia drops to her knees with the final blow, scowling darkly.

You say, "Great. Good one, Naecia. Now who's gonna find you your stupid rod."

Wallowing in a mud pit.
Gognigin, a small gorgog, stands here, his eyes glinting with crude cunning. There are 3 enormous
gorgogs here.
You see a single exit leading north.

You say to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "Your threat didn't work."

You say to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "Marinus wouldn't hand over the rod. And then he, uh, got
killed."

You say to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "On the plus side, I killed every last one of them."

You say to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "Unfortunately, without that rod, you can't fix the machine,
which means we can't open the rift, which means the Necromentate's mission for me is a failure."

You have emoted: Naecia lets out an exasperated sigh.

Gognigin, a small gorgog says, "No! Goggi needs rod."

You say to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "Yeah, I know. Nae Nae know."

Gognigin, a small gorgog says, "One job, you do wrong."

You say to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "But you told me to talk to him and tell him to admit defeat,
and he didn't seem to care."

You say to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "So that part is on you, big guy."

Roaring, Gognigin, a small gorgog says, "You too weak! He no scared."

You have emoted: Naecia looks around the room nervously, suddenly aware of the presence of other
gorgogs. "I mean, I'm sure we can chalk it up to the merians being a bunch of idiots... right?"

Gognigin, a small gorgog exclaims, "Fish people stupid, pulverize fish people!"

You nod your head emphatically.

You exclaim to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "We're on the same page!"

"gognigin83236" Gognigin, a small gorgog
"gorgog86624" an enormous gorgog
"gorgog87152" an enormous gorgog
"gorgog86430" an enormous gorgog
"gorgog88632" an enormous gorgog
Number of objects: 5

Gognigin, a small gorgog says, "You go do better, you sit and watch tower, Marinus come back."

You sigh, "Goggi."

You say, "Goggi, Goggi, Goggi."

In agreement, Gognigin, a small gorgog exclaims, "Goggi!"

You say to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "Fine. If you think that will work."

You ask Gognigin, a small gorgog, "Are you going to lose the other pieces in the meantime?"

You say to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "'Cause, like, YOUR job is to hold on to them."

Gognigin, a small gorgog growls menacingly.

Gognigin, a small gorgog says, "You go do stupid job, you mess up, you fix."

You nod your head at Gognigin, a small gorgog.
Gognigin, a small gorgog grumbles angrily.

You say to Gognigin, a small gorgog, "Fine. Let's hope this is the end of this whole mess."

You give the world a smart salute.

A sedate office.
location is flooded with shallow, crystal clear water. Marinus Shervalian, a regal looking merian,
sits here, frowning as he contemplates matters.

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "You merians sure don't spend a lot of time in death..."

You have emoted: Naecia sets her geochemantic implements down on the ground, the metallic tanks
clanking loudly as they hit the floor. She raises her hands up in a gesture of goodwill to Archmage
Marinus.

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "Look, I'm sorry I killed you and all of your guards and
most of the women and children on this island."

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "That's on me."

Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "What monster are you? Truly we should have turned your whole city
to ash when we had the chance."

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "Mhmm. Which reminds me, you kinda started this."

Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "It is the taint that warps your minds, what have our children
done to you?"

Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "Me? Have you not come here to boast? To brag? To threaten our
lives?"

You exclaim to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "No! None of those things!"

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "At least not originally."

Archmage Marinus Shervalian says, "No? Have you not come claiming to be helping him against us? Do
you not see your hand in our doom?"

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "Goggi - uh, Gognigin, the chief gorgog or whatever - he
said you'd hand over some kind of fancy rod if I brought his message to you."

Archmage Marinus Shervalian tosses an ornate rod down upon the ground, scowling. "Take it, then,
and may the Fates be with us."

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "Oh."

You have emoted: Naecia picks up her iron tanks and quietly reattaches the belts and tubes to her person.
"Uh, I'm not sure what to say... 'Thank you' sounds boastful, and 'catch ya later' would be a lie..."

You say to Archmage Marinus Shervalian, "So..."

You have emoted: Naecia slowly backs away towards the door, pursing her lips together as if in deep
contemplation.

Comments