Active Gods?

Hey there, folks!

I'm a refugee from MKO, and I think I've decided to try my hand at Lusternia again with a fresh character to fill the gap. I basically play these games solely for the RP, and God/Order RP is the biggest draw of all, as I've thoroughly enjoyed such in the past. However, I've no idea what gods are active and good for fairly regular (Within reason) RP these days, and I don't want to get my heart set on one only to find out it hasn't had a player for quite some time. So! Could you possibly help me out by letting me know what gods are active these days, and what they're like for RP?

Much appreciated!

Comments

• Fire Jesus is available for worship.
  • ..Wh-which one is Fire Jesus? Yomoigu..?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hello! Welcome, we're happy to have you. :D Usually HELP GODS has it organized so that the active gods are on the left side of the scroll, and the inactive are on the right side. But sometimes it's out of date.

Here's what I believe is currently the active set of gods! Please correct me if I'm wrong, fellow Lusternians.

Hallifax:
    Zvoltz - Active
    Jadice - Semi-Active
    Isune - Inactive

Gaudiguch:
    Kalikai - Inactive
    Mysrai - Active
    Crumkane - Inactive
    Yomoigu - Inactive

Serenwilde:
    Auseklis - Inactive
    Lisaera - Active
    Hoaracle - Active
    Maylea - Active
    Charune - Inactive

Glomdoring:
    Viravain - Active
    Nocht - Active
    Manteekan - Active
    Shikari - Inactive

Magnagora:
    Morgfyre - Semi-Active
    Fain - Inactive
    Raezon - Inactive
    Drocilla - Active

Celest:
    Weiwae - Active
    Valtreth - Inactive
    Carakhan - Inactive
    Terentia - Inactive
    Darvellan - Active

Just because a god is inactive however doesn't mean the orders aren't active! So be sure to ask around and see what group of people you jive with best. :D
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
    Asarian said:

..Wh-which one is Fire Jesus? Yomoigu..?

(it's a joke, Cyndarin goes by Fire Jesus on the forums ;) )
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited August 2016
    Who said it was a joke?!

P.S. If you can give us some general direction on your preferred RP, we can maybe point you to some gods.
  • One thing to note on the glom gods is they're very scarce right now, busy irl or behind the scenes. But yeah if you have an idea of where to go it'll be easier to point you in the right direction.

It's also easier just to have a god in your organization, affinity is awful.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord

Who said it was a joke?!

P.S. If you can give us some general direction on your preferred RP, we can maybe point you to some gods.

I say it's a joke, because you are foruming instead of challenging a domoth going on right now. :P The real fire Jesus would log on!
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    I will add that Nocht probably falls more under the semi-active category. There are about 3-4 regularly active members of His Order, but He posted a little bit ago that He'd be absent for an indeterminable amount of time.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Viramother is always watching!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Xenthos said:

Who said it was a joke?!

I say it's a joke, because you are foruming instead of challenging a domoth going on right now. :P The real fire Jesus would log on!
    Fire Jesus does not interfere in the affairs of mortals!

Or Fire Jesus is in the office making that money honey.
  • Ah, thanks for that, Sylandra! Mighty useful.

Well, I quite like the general vibe and idea of Glomdoring, and I've always had a burning desire to join Shikari's Order, but I never seem to catch the game when he has a player. Other than that, Celeste might be interesting? I do like my Light and all that jazz. Probably not Magnagora, because the social dynamics there can be a bit trying upon occasion, from what I remember.

I know it's not terribly helpful, but Gods that are more tangible towards their followers and that make their presence known, that interact and form meaningful dynamics and relationships with them, would be amazing.
  • Celest itself is recovering from a bit of a lull, so some active players who jump in and really throw themselves into it could likely achieve quite a lot. Plus Weiwae is adorable, okay. (Sorry Darv, never come across you, I know nothing.)
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • Asarian said:

Ah, thanks for that, Sylandra! Mighty useful.

Well, I quite like the general vibe and idea of Glomdoring, and I've always had a burning desire to join Shikari's Order, but I never seem to catch the game when he has a player. Other than that, Celeste might be interesting? I do like my Light and all that jazz. Probably not Magnagora, because the social dynamics there can be a bit trying upon occasion, from what I remember.

I know it's not terribly helpful, but Gods that are more tangible towards their followers and that make their presence known, that interact and form meaningful dynamics and relationships with them, would be amazing.

Shikaris order itself is actually active, there's a few of us around right now and Xenthos is basically Shikari-light at this point.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Oh, really? That's interesting to hear. And he is? How so?
    Can you tell me more about the state of the Order and how active it is? How's the RP?
    Right, you can sort of worship @Xenthos as a god if you want. He's even a True Ascendant, which is the highest divinity state a mortal can achieve at this point of time.

Before an earthly flight

• Morgfrye comes on once in while but the order itself is probably the biggest one in Magnagora right now.
  • Rancoura said:

Right, you can sort of worship @Xenthos as a god if you want. He's even a True Ascendant, which is the highest divinity state a mortal can achieve at this point of time.

We could always destroy our nexus to raise a God, it worked out so well for that alternate timeline. :p.
    Ayisdra said:

Rancoura said:

We could always destroy our nexus to raise a God, it worked out so well for that alternate timeline. :p.
    Be my guest! :P

Before an earthly flight

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I'll let the Manteekan and Nocht folks give you more information on their respective Orders, but I'm happy to share what I can about the Viramother.

1.) The Order is pretty quiet at the moment but we're slowly seeing an upswing in activity recently. Take note that I use the term 'quiet' only to describe the order channels. Virafolks(and I assume everyone in the Glom orders) happily roll with any discussion(impromptu or other) revolving around VM, the Glomdoring, the Wyrd, etc. Virafolks generally get Order-only visions from time to time which Viravain uses for various reasons(just a heads-up that She's Watching, or to express Her godly feelings). These range from pining for Shikari, getting choked by various stuff, or smelling roses with pleasure - you get the idea. Personally, I get excited whenever we get them! We never know what to expect, really, so they're perfect opportunities for RP. The order also has Order cartels which you can join to submit Order-centric designs. The advancement within the Order is not as set in stone as others. Viravain Herself promotes/demotes people through the circles depending on your success with the tasks Viravain gives you personally. Mind you, it's not easy but that makes it all the more rewarding when you get promoted unexpectedly.

2.) As a patron, Viravain is very interesting to interact with. You're never too sure what to expect! I once met with Her to discuss a task She set me out to do, however, I accidentally said something that displeased Her and that pretty much spoiled things for me(the character) but it gave me a lot of insight on Her perspective as a god. While She is respected as Creatrix of Glomdoring/the Wyrd/Crow/etc., joining Her Order means that you have to do Her bidding. Her word truly becomes law. She is also verrrrrrryyyyyy shady, but if She throws you shade, your character most likely deserved it. ;) This, however, makes Her praise VERY satisfying and rewarding. A note on the tasks she gives you: the goal is clear, generally, and you can approach it however you like. She likes to send you spiders or roses or crows or even letters! From experience, she even mocked me once using my e-reflection in the Glomdoring stage mirror but I liked every second of it! I'll be completely honest here: Her words can be sharp so you have to remember that She is talking about/to your character and not you! Oh, and that She is speaking as the creatrix of the place you so She can really be...commanding!

She also has a scythe, a musical instrument(a mandolin, iirc), a winged wolf, Mitmit(and a million spiders) and Crow+crow spawn. She also likes to send emotes all throughout Glomdoring's locales from time to time.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Asarian said:

Oh, really? That's interesting to hear. And he is? How so?
    Can you tell me more about the state of the Order and how active it is? How's the RP?

It's somewhat of a joke, because he basically handles everything in the Order right now, he's one of the Fangs (avatars of the god), and he has a cult. There's like three, four of us? Xenthos would be way better at explaining it all than I am, I'm not very high in the Order yet. *hides from Xenthos*

• I would say that @Manteekan is semi-active, merely because He's a sneaky bugger. I wish He was more visible, so I could get the order more bolstered and induct some more disciples but it's neither here nor there. I really enjoy His RP, His elegance and how He uses His character - But not much has been filled in, which leaves a constant aura of mystery.

Manteekan is sweet, and for the most part understanding (save for that time He zapped me for getting trapped in an ice cocoon he baited me in - WHY!). He's the creepy uncle, the doting creepy lover in a 'Don't stand so close to me,' sort of way. He's touchy and cold, he's creative and really on the side of Circles, in between Artist and Awakener in my opinion.

-

In general, it's really hard to predict God schedules. But whoever you pick will be fan-tas-tic.

The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • Speaking as a member of @Drocilla's order, I can say that we are recovering from a bit of a lull that stemmed from Her lapsing into dormancy for the better part of seven weeks, give or take - some of the most 'active' members at present would be myself, @Gavriel, @Vatul, and @Kailanna, others have heavily varying levels of activity. There has been no avatars officially chosen as of yet, @Zarialle is the highest ranking member, but she announced a lapse into dormancy just under a month ago and we have no idea when/if she will be returning.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited August 2016
    Sylandra said:

Yomoigu - Inactive

:((

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited August 2016
    Side note:

@Weaiwae

• Thanks for all the responses, folks! It's great to see such an active, helpful community.

Thank you for such a detailed explanation, @Siam ! That's quite interesting to see. I do like a deity that does that sort of thing.

@Weiwae I can understand that attitude. Personallly, though, I love it when a God takes it upon themselves to poke at players, it can really liven things up and makes for some fantastic roleplay. Even small, brief interactions can make a player's day. Perhaps allow them to message you if they prefer to give you free reign to interact and such when and where you please? Some might enjoy that, and having express permission might help assuage the stalkery feeling, hah.

Thank you all for the welcome and advice! It's been very informative, and I've been showing this to the other MKO folks that are/will be playing here shortly, so we all appreciate it a great deal.
    Jadice said:

For what it's worth: 'semi-active' is fair, @Sylandra's list is accurate (afaik), and HELP GODS is up-to-date. I just removed the alignment typo, though!

I still love and adore you, Your Most Frozenness! ^:)^
    Daraius said: