Active Gods?

2»

Comments

• edited August 2016
    =D> That line just made me tingle.
  • edited August 2016
    Weiwae said:

I'm just going to highjack this thread slightly to say that sometimes gods are more active than you might think, and are just waiting for prayers or letters before interacting so they don't feel like stalkers... spend precious admin time interrupting someone.

Aww! <3 You can stalk me anytime @Weiwae ! Though I get so nervous around you and clam up! But hey, its because I care :D
  • I haven't interacted with any of the Gods, yet. What's the best way to initiate some Divine RP?
  • edited August 2016
    Shout -insert god here sucks-.
    Find a shrine of theirs and PRAY TO DIVINE messagehere
  • Shedrin said:

Shout -insert god here sucks-.
    Find a shrine of theirs and PRAY TO .

Their fulcrux too, in Mount avechna.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Well, that first option will initiate RP, just...not much of it with you, and much of it painful.

Ask @Maligorn about that time he made Jadice mad at the Matrix.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited August 2016
    To be fair, I got a truedisfavour for 12 months for being "rude" in a prayer asking for patronage, and just after offering something between 100k-200k esteem. But yeah, getting on a God's bad side can make you pretty much a pariah.

The log's on the forums in Event Scrolls.

EDIT: The moral of the story is that some Divine demand respect -- you'd better believe that the Frost Queen expects to be treated as such. Other Divine are more casual, kind and understanding of mortals, or just very curious (what are even shards?!), and some very much come here to be worshiped and take their rightful place at the top.

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Breandryn said:

I haven't interacted with any of the Gods, yet. What's the best way to initiate some Divine RP?

Do stuff! Pray to gods in their Fulcruxes. Offer to them. Read HELP files and then talk to the people who are the heads of the orders. Walk around godrealms and explore - so many of those are a goldmine of lore and history. Put yourself out there and you increase the odds of getting a Divine's notice tenfold.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • How do you get to godrealms? I've heard about them on forums, but I don't know how to get there.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Godrealms are scattered throughout the world, with creative entrances. Some are hidden, some are easy to find. The commune gods in particular like to put their godrealm entrances on the rivers and hillsides near their forests.

• Are they basically the same as temples in other IREs?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Gods have temples on the Prime Material plane, but they connect to separate realms for each god, too.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Breandryn said:

Are they basically the same as temples in other IREs?

There's two distinct god areas. One is their Fulcrux, which is where their main shrine is located, and where you can probably contact them/rp with them/leave them donuts shiny things. This is a one room place, they're all in the same general area (Below Avechna, on the mountain), and you should always respect their fulcrux. Chances are if something happens there, they know about it. It's generally even taboo to kill someone in their fulcrux unless they order you to. You might consider this their "home".

The other is their godrealm. The entrance to these are always on prime, outside of org territories. There's (usually) an inner and an outer temple. The inner temple is supposed to be only for order members, but sneaky people might find ways in to wreak havoc or be nosy. The outer temple, depending on the size, will have an amount of mobs in it which are loyal to said divine. Empowering them while you're an order member will give your god essence and remove them from the temple for eight hours, keeping them safe. Slaying them has the reverse effect. These places can be expanded by the god through various means, usually by your offerings or their hard work in the Havens.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • This is very informative, thank you!
  • (This is Asarian, by the way, I managed to get around to making the new character!)

That's actually something I was wondering about, regarding interacting with the Gods when they're not directly in the room with you. For praying, or speaking and emoting in their Fulcrux, godrealm or other areas, and they're not offline, do they get messages about it, or are you essentially talking to the wall and they won't notice unless they're online?

What about if you say their name, as well? As in, Bob say, 'Boy howdy, that Jadice lady sure is cool.', would Jadice be notified?
  • Ah, thank you very much for the response, Maylea! That's very informative. I ask largely because I'm GMT, and I'm used to most Godly types being online at very different hours of the day, so waving frantically at them when they're actually present isn't usually an option. That's good to know, thank you again!
  • As it happens, there are a few of us who are GMT or close to it - myself included. So who knows, you could end up being on the perfect timezone for your chosen deity! :)