A Pleasant Trip Down Alcohol Lane

edited August 2016 in Event Scrolls
In which a long-awaited experiment goes horribly awry.

*The long search for a sufficiently powerful Hallifaxian to scold me has been omitted.

Fraesic Sunfar, Keeper of the Matrix bows to you - the lesson in Dramatics is over.
You have gained the Sober ability! To see more information, check out AB DRAMATICS SOBER.

You drain 5 sips of firemead from your liquid rift into a shot glass.
You take a drink of firemead from a shot glass.
A foul sensation flushes through your body momentarily before dissipating.
You feel your tolerance to alcohol increasing.
You take a deep breath and mentally shift into performance mode.
You stand up a little straighter and try to act more sober.

You tell Junior Fellow Tamashi, M.TS, "So, how goes?"
You tell Junior Fellow Tamashi, M.TS, "Oh, good! I sound normal."

It is now the 23rd of Juliary, 448 years after the Coming of Estarra.

*off to hunt joules, fumbles around drunkenly*

You speedwalk south to surveying the Transdimensional Flux Core.
You have reached your destination.
You put a golden sphere into the Primary Generator.
Currents of carmine energy race from the Primary Generator's peak to its base, flaring brilliantly for a moment.
Crackling motes of energy coalesce in your hands, forming gold sovereigns. The approval of the Collective of Hallifax causes you to reach new understandings.
Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
The Primary Generator flashes with a prismatic array of colours before settling on lavender.

You say, "Well, I wonder what I should do now..."
You say, "Ooh, sober's working really good, I haven't slurred anything once!"
You say, "Perhaps another sip, for the sake of testing how sober I can play...then again, firemead is foul."
You say, "Hm. Should I find a different brand of liquor for me to try? I really do NOT want to make a habit out of drinking, though."
You say, "Now, this is amazing! No stutters, at all!"
You say, "Now then."
You belch and begin swaying back and forth like a drunkard.
You say, "Thaank go *hic* odn *hic* nesS no one's aroouxd to see m *hic* e...I might geT aRreeptec."
You blink.
You are afflicted with an unknown affliction.
You are:
an insomniac.
paranoid.
You have 2 afflictions.
You stumble and fall in your alcoholic haze.
You say, "Why do I xave aan Afpliction?"
You are afflicted with an unknown affliction.
Teleos arrives from the north.
Teleos puts a golden sphere into the Primary Generator.
Currents of lavender energy race from the Primary Generator's peak to its base, flaring brilliantly
for a moment.
You gasp with the realisation that Teleos has reached the level of Grand.
The Primary Generator flashes with a prismatic array of colours before settling on saffron.
In a swift, fluid motion, you spring up from your hands to land crouched on your feet.
You stand up a little straighter and try to act more sober.
You cannot contain the convulsions in your stomach any longer and double over, retching violently.
Teleos blinks.
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "You okay?"
You say, "I'm sorry!"
Teleos puts a golden sphere into the Primary Generator.
Currents of saffron energy race from the Primary Generator's peak to its base, flaring brilliantly for a moment.
The Primary Generator flashes with a prismatic array of colours before settling on indigo.
You have emoted: Mica shakes her head blearily, blushing hard.
You cannot contain the convulsions in your stomach any longer and double over, retching violently.
You say, "This is embarrassing..."
You take a drink of a potion of healing from a jade vial.
The potion heals and soothes you.
You eat a wafer of purity dust.
You have cured vomiting.
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Anything I can do to help?"
You take a drink of a potion of healing from a jade vial.
The potion heals and soothes you.
You say, "If you have any lucidity slush..."

Surveying the Transdimensional Flux Core.
Banks of clouds roil about here. A small, circular platform which surrounds the primary generator is
the only point of stability in this gargantuan room from which the churning chaos is beheld.
Crackling conduits of bright energy arc violently from the massive generator that towers
majestically through the centre of the immense space that makes up the Transdimensional Flux Core.
Six graceful bridges span through the vast breech to the central platform where delicate control
panels allow for the adjustment of the vast amounts of power which are produced by the primary
generator. Occasionally, the entire chamber shakes momentarily under some brute force from inside
the core and the energy fluctuates wildly, akin to a wild beast, just barely contained within the
massive crystal walls. A crackling field surrounds the Primary Generator, 5000 incandescent motes of
energy orbiting it. Thrumming with the energy of the six lesser generators, the Primary Generator is
here. The crystals have turned an indigo colour. A majestic onyx obelisk rises from the centre of a
polished ring of silver, bolts of icy white energy arcing between the two. A painting of an
alabaster studio is proudly exhibited on a nearby wall. Junior Fellow Teleos is here. He wields a
steel claymore with both hands.
You see exits leading north, northeast, southeast, south, southwest, northwest, up, and in.

Teleos drops a vial.
You pick up a vial.

The sound of buffeting wings is briefly audible.

You take a drink of lucidity slush from a vial.
You have cured paranoia.
You may drink more lucidity slush potion.
You give a vial to Junior Fellow Teleos.
You say, "Thank you. I was experimenting with playing sober."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Didn't mean to barge in on you."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "I take it, it did not go well."
You say, "Naturally it had to involve some firemead...I wanted to see what would happen if I performed drunkard on top of that, and...well, here I am."
You say, "I shouldn't have done this here, I apologize for such an unseemly sight."
Teleos blinks.
You have emoted: Mica humbly bows her head for a moment.
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "I don't mean to be rude here."
You say, "Go on."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "But I'm fairly super new."
You nod your head emphatically.
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "But being drunk in this city is against the laws right?"

He is a feathered cloud trill and is tall and slight with silvery feathers. He is wearing a canvas
backpack, plain grey trousers and a plain grey tunic.

You say, "Mm-hmm. You may turn me in if you wish, I should have experimented somewhere private."
You shrug helplessly.
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "I don't wish to personally."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Like I said I'm super duper new. so I would appreciate your advice."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Is not reporting someone breaking a law also against the law?"
You ponder the situation.
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "I believe it might be."
You nod your head slowly in understanding.
You say, "I'm afraid I have no idea who you should report me to, however. This is new for me as well."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Which is why I feel compelled to ask your advice."
Courteously, you say, "If you would hold on a moment while I check the city help files, Junior Fellow Teleos?"
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "I really don't want any trouble but I'd like to do the right thing."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Of course."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "I believe it is peace section I x."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Under the articles of peace that is."
You say, "I was looking for the authorities that would judge me.
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Oh my apologies."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "And thank you for being so understanding."
You say, "Just a moment..."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Could I ask a question about that?"
You say to Teleos, "Hmm...I wonder why nobody is answering my question."
You say, "Hm?"
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Are citizens in Hallifax not allowed to get drunk ever or not in Hallifax or not outside of a private manse."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "I found the article slightly vague on that point."
You say, "I as well, but one thing is certain, citizens are not allowed to be drunk in Hallifax."
Daraius, riding a tawny gryphon with grey-feathered wings, enters from the south amid swirling motes
of warmly-glowing golden light.
An aslaran pilgrim trudges in from the south.
Gliding in upon grey-feathered wings, a tawny gryphon arrives from the south, surrounded by a halo
of white light.
Daraius dips his muzzle politely.
Daraius puts a golden sphere into the Primary Generator.

Currents of indigo energy race from the Primary Generator's peak to its base, flaring brilliantly
for a moment.
The Primary Generator flashes with a prismatic array of colours before settling on alabaster.

Daraius, riding a tawny gryphon with grey-feathered wings, leaves to the north, surrounded by
swirling motes of golden light.
Continuing his journey, an aslaran pilgrim trudges off to the north.
With a fierce cry, a tawny gryphon flaps his grey-feathered wings and flies off to the north.
You have emoted: Mica curtseys to Daraius, cheeks slightly redder than normal.
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Thank you again for being so understanding."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "Of our mutual obligations."
You say, "Of course. And I hope you are not planning on going anywhere soon, we still haven't found
the right person to report me to."
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "I was not."
You have emoted: Mica smiles and nods, though her eyes are distinctly unreadable.
You have emoted: Mica lets out a deep breath, and the shield behind her eyes seems to dissipate. She
casually turns away to stare into space, back perfectly straight.
Teleos ponders the situation.

*time*

You tell Primus Ileein Shevat, "Good day, Primus... I am afraid I must mar it with a report of a misdemeanor."
You tell Primus Ileein Shevat, "The perpetrator being myself, for public intoxication. Junior Fellow Teleos stands witness."
Ileein tells you, "Hmm. Understood."
You tell Primus Ileein Shevat, "What are the procedures following this report, if I may ask?"
Ileein tells you, "In that case, in my capacity as a member of the Board of Directors of the Commonwealth of Hallifax, I hereby reprimand you for violation of the Peace Legislation, Volume B, Article I, subsection i."
Ileein tells you, "That done, I further sentence you to make restitution for your actions-- I assume you have already cleaned up any mess? Littering is a further misdemeanour."
You blink.
You say, "Just a moment..."
Teleos gives you a gesture of encouragement.
You have emoted: Mica retrieves a ring from her jewelrybox and rubs it towards the mess on the floor.
You have emoted: Mica watches the vomit disappear with an expression of satisfaction, then places
the ring back in her box.
You tell Primus Ileein Shevat, "I have apologized to Junior Fellow Teleos for forcing him to witness such a scene, and have cleaned up the area."
Ileein tells you, "Very well. In that event, your further sentence is a public apology made via the city aether, as a reminder to your fellow citizens of the collective benefits of adherence to the law."
Ileein tells you, "This will conclude the matter, and no public addition will be made to your disciplinary record."

*And so...*

(Hallifax): You say, "Citizens of Hallifax, I wish to formally apologize for a misdemeanor on this day Juliary 24th, 448 CE."
(Hallifax): You say, "My errors being public inebriation and subsequent dirtying of the area surrounding the Primary Generator."
(Hallifax): You say, "The location has been sanitized and my sobriety has returned once more. I should have tested my newfound Dramatics abilities away from Hallifax, but in my haste acted in a manner unbefitting a Hallifaxian."
(Hallifax): You say, "I ask you all your forgiveness for my transgression and assure you the same will not happen in the future. Thank you."
(Hallifax): Ileein says, "Let this serve as a lesson to all citizens of not only the harmonious benefits of societally correct behavior but also of the justice of the Collective!"
Junior Fellow Teleos says, "I forgive and thank you for not holding this against me."
Teleos nods his head emphatically.
Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.
You say, "Not at all. I would not have felt comfortable with myself if I hadn't come clean."

Always tell the truth. Don't do firemead.

Age: forever 28 / Sex: female / Location: where the Fates can't reach

Comments

• EXECUTE
  • But I was just doing an experiment! Not my fault if I get too drunk to realize where I was *whines*

Age: forever 28 / Sex: female / Location: where the Fates can't reach

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I second the Execution, but only for using firemead. We have better alcohols. I've designed two wines and a whiskey myself. >.>
  • Execution is the second offense. See, Hallifax is merciful and just, not cold and dystopian, citizen. Such sentiments are unCollectivist and liable to get you recommended for re-education.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If this had happened in Gaudiguch, we'd all stand around and rp guessing what you had for a prior meal based on your vomit.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Okay, this had me laughing loudly, thanks for Sharing!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Shaddus said:

If this had happened in Gaudiguch, we'd all stand around and rp guessing what you had for a prior meal based on your vomit.

In Gaudiguch no one would have even noticed he was drunk.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Mica said:

But I was just doing an experiment! Not my fault if I get too drunk to realize where I was *whines*

Ignorance is not an excuse. Looks like we'll have to add pleading ignorance to the list of offenses and dust off the ol' executioner. ;))