To those from Midkemia

2»

Comments

• Lol calm down I just said some of the greatest fighters. And to be honest I doubt that crown was the only good system during the time and if it was you would have to pay for it. And yeah there are other great fighters outside of Magnagora I just believe that people like Thoros and Ixion were the best.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    No, there would not other good systems publicly available before m&m came along. Crown was typically only available to Mags at that time.

Treant had a lot to be desired.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Wasn't there Ethelon's system?
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Synkarin said:

No, there would not other good systems publicly available before m&m came along. Crown was typically only available to Mags at that time.

Treant had a lot to be desired.

I miss the days of multiple systems :( . You had Treant competing with AG, and SG1, then m&m, and Crown. Now m&mf is pretty much the only game in town if you don't have the know-how to code your own.

I also miss MUSHclient.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Rolsand said:

Wasn't there Ethelon's system?

Synkarin said:

Treatn/AG had a lot to be desired.

Fixed that for you.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited August 2016
    Okay but even after m&m came out Magnagora was still a strong city with a bunch of great fighters.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ey, South, North, wanna trade Gaudi for Hallifax so we can test that theorem? You'll turn into West v. East for a year or two, then we can all trade back.

A bunch is not 'all'. It's not even 'most'. Honestly, yes, Team South has the lion's share of the better fighters. If you want to learn PK in this game, Team South can teach it. But within team South? My money's on the stoners.
  • Not very conducive.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Welcome! To pull away from the derail above, it's been my observation that every org in Lusternia has excellent players ready and eager to make your stay a pleasant one. What keeps me coming back to Lusternia over the years has always been the people, I have to say, and it's the reason I stuck around years ago as a perfectly befuddled MUD true newbie. If you want good RP, if you want to worship Divine, if you want combat, I am certain you can find it wherever you look in Lusternia. Those communities exist in every org. If you have any trouble discovering the avenue of gameplay you're looking for, though, feel free to ask ICly or even on the forums! We're happy to help you find your niche here. :)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Final roleplay event for Midkemians is going to occur on September 4th 2016 at around 10 est. @Akaxi will be hosting the event. Hope to see you Mkoers there. Take care.

Jarrul of Sar-Sargoth out.
  • I'd like to say as a note, I keep an eye on NWHO whenever I'm online and have been trying to reaches out to novices regardless of Org to make sure they get taken care of. I think it's kind of obvious my character has cared little about 'alliances' and rather the betterment of the people. So if you're a MKO player, find me and you can have an IC moment that will hopefully teach you all the things you need to know, again regardless where you're from.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Wait old crown was free? I thought it was the super exclusive system only Mags (and Mag combatants at that) could buy for cash, not credits. Or was I told wrong?

Anyway. When you had nothing, treant and AG were amazing! I used them one after the other for a long long time and am very thankful that they were made available, or else I'd probably still be manually typing 'sip health' and at around level 60.

aaaaaaaanyways. Ahem. Really enjoying having you all here! Fresh meat is always so invigorating to the game. I've become quite the lazy hermit lately but you guys make me want to care again and actually leave my manse for RP. I hope you all stick around and bring your friends!

• The old crown was extremely exclusive, yes. Also can we not to do "This org is better than x" thing? People will show up to the one they think they fit into it, and if the interaction they have with you is better than what they're getting, they'll come to you :).

Can ping me in game anytime as I mentioned before and hopefully get you taken care of.
  • Update: It will Sept 3rd 2016 at 10 est. A poll has determined Saturday is a lot easier for players.
  • I hope you guys enjoy the finale then. I gave MKO a run for a while when it first released and enjoyed it.
  • The event was a huge success, glad to see players not originally from Midkemia come to spend time with us in this roleplayed event. It meant a lot to me and to the rest of us who participated.

http://forums.midkemiaonline.com/discussion/1683/rp-finale-to-mko#latest

as requested by my fam in @Lusternia. This is Good Bye

Jarrul the Quake, out.
  • Wow, that was exciting to read. I can only hope that Lusternia's finale, should it arrive one day, is as impressive as this was!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Lusternia starts to explode. Estarra shouts 'Bloody shite!', undoes Kethuru et al. Lusternia is unmade, Lusternia is remade as Earth, with @Kaimanahi as a French model or something. But we only see Roark strutting down the runway of a Ru Paul episode, being critiqued by a sassy @CyndarinAscends while Estarra nods approvingly. @Shaddus is the entire audience, plus the caterer.
  • And Arix is a large hairy gay man in the back making terrible bear puns
  • In which makes Tamashi stare at him in disbelief and shake his head.
  • I'd have a tiny fedora and a white tie with pink spots too
  • Played MKO for 7 years..ish. *Waves*. Thanks for all the help I've received since starting- GoGoGlommy? ;) It's been a really nice welcome. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • edited September 2016
    With Midkemia now officially closed, I wanted to present a final log of the game. Midkemians that are interested, I am happy to share. Just message me if you are interested. It has been a great adventure, everyone. I am grateful to you all for playing alongside me and my family as we travelled from the beginning to end of this game's saga. Though some of us will eventually part ways, I hope that you will at least remember us with fondness. Take care, Mkoers.

Jarrul of Midkemia. Out.