Warrior/Knight class questions: differences between Pureblade and Blademaster

Hey everyone.

I'm an MKO player who's planning to settle here once the game shuts down and I was wondering about the differences between Pureblade and Blademaster, both in their pre-Overhaul (because it's not live yet, is it?) and (maybe more importantly, at this point) post-Overhaul varieties.

Which is more complex and/or interesting to play?

Which is more powerful? In which ways is it more powerful?

Thanks! Look forward to seeing you all IG eventually.

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    All warriors are now in their post-overhaul forms. There are likely to still be adjustments as they get worked out.

The big differences is that PB is bleed-focused. They want to build up good bleeding to pull off their kill strategy where BM is going to be focused on afflictions and potentially green-locking to pull off their strategy.

I'm not familiar on the details, but I'll tag @Demartel to chime in, I think he's the most up to date (and active) warrior on their capabilities.

I do know PB struggle at this point to build enough bleeding. I'm not sure how easy BM is. This is for 1v1 combat.

In groups, you'll do well with either of them (probably PB with twist being the easiest and most effective in groups).

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited August 2016
    As a blademaster you can deal wounds and afflictions at the same time but pureblades have to pick between wounds or afflictions. Pureblade is more about bleeding while blademaster is about landing afflictions and locking your target to land your insta kill and such. To be honest I would pick blademaster mainly because I like one handed weapons.
  • But there isnt a better skill just saying.
  • I'm almost certain the warrior overhaul is complete as much as it can be.

The wiki skills look fairly up to date:
    http://wiki.lusternia.com/Pureblade
    http://wiki.lusternia.com/Blademaster

edited August 2016
    Rolsand said:

As a blademaster you can deal wounds and afflictions at the same time but pureblade can only currently deal wounds or afflictions only in one go. Pureblade is more about bleeding while blademaster is about landing afflictions and locking your target to land your insta kill and such. To be honest I would pick blademaster mainly because I like one handed weapons.

To clarify Rolsand- overhaul mechanics make you choose between wounding and afflicting. If you choose to afflict, you won't build wounds and vice versa. BM is a one handed spec, meaning you have two rapiers so you can choose to wound with one and afflict with the other (the wound only does 5 wounds). PB is two handed and you can really only wound OR afflict in a round. A PB strike will do 12 wounds to make up for the lack of versatility.

To summarize, a BM (or BC) can perform each round 10 wounds, 5 wounds and 1 aff, or 2 affs

PB, AL and Cav can do 12 wounds or 1 aff.

There's still some balancing to be done, so this may change, but that's what it is at the moment.

I should note to that you can also use poisons, so one handers get 2 poison chances per round where two handers get one.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited August 2016
    Tbh I find that axelord and bonecrusher are the best warrior skills mainly because Axelord has a nice insta kill and bonecrusher has some good afflictions and a okay insta kill that's possible to land. Once two handers can start dealing afflictions and wounds at the the same time axelord will probably be a lot better.
  • edited August 2016
    Rolsand said:

Tbh I find that axelord and bonecrusher are the best warrior skills mainly because Axelord has a nice insta kill and bonecrusher has some good afflictions and a okay insta kill that's possible to land. Once two handers can start dealing afflictions and wounds at the the same time axelord will probably be a lot better.

Yeah, but I like swords. I have a sword fixation. Equally, the backstory of this character I'm planning to roll here vibes with that fixation, so there's that.

BM thus far sounds a bit more interesting to me.

Thanks for the advice so far!
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Veyils said:

I'm almost certain the warrior overhaul is complete as much as it can be.

The wiki skills look fairly up to date:
    http://wiki.lusternia.com/Pureblade
    http://wiki.lusternia.com/Blademaster

The warrior-only skills on the wiki are currently up to date. Some of the rituals options still need work.
  • Synkarin said:

BM is a one handed spec, meaning you have two rapiers

It was my understanding weapon type was no longer important, so I could totally roll around longsword/scimitar if I wanted. Is this not the case?
  • yeah the type of weapon you use doesnt matter.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Aside from there probably being as many rapier designs as the other three put together >.>

Haven't checked from my smith in a while.
    Aisyrion said:

Synkarin said:

It was my understanding weapon type was no longer important, so I could totally roll around longsword/scimitar if I wanted. Is this not the case?
    Sorry, that's force of habit - you are correct, weapon type is no longer a deciding factor when picking a weapon. You'll be fine with longsword/scimitar.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:

Aisyrion said:

Synkarin said:

Sorry, that's force of habit - you are correct, weapon type is no longer a deciding factor when picking a weapon. You'll be fine with longsword/scimitar.
    We can understand, after so many years of it just being that way.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Additionally, I read in the Overhaul thing that scale armor is gonna be identical to plate. Does that mean I can make either type into master armor? Thanks again.
  • edited August 2016
    @Aisyrion
    Basically if you like to affliction stack you want to go BM; remiss, stab, poisonist stance, focus poisons if you go tracker, it is built for delivering afflictions. BM also has some very good on demand afflictions that have great synergy with pretty much everyone in your group.

If you like to damage or used timed instakills then you want to go PB. Twist is great damage if you are in a group that can focus bleeding and Decapitate is a timed instakill which is great if you are in a group that can focus hindering.

IMHO there is no "This kit is better than that kit" anymore. They are all good kits, some have issues with landing their kill conditions, i.e Cavalier Maul might as well be deleted as it is a stupidly hard instakill to even bother trying to use, but depending on your preference/fighting style each kit can serve you well.

• Just know, if you're very interested in PvP, at the moment all the warrior specs are very weak 1v1. That will likely be tweaked, and all the warrior guilds have great flavor and background, but don't expect to be very scary as things currently stand.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • What @Ciaran says is true, but very very few fights outside the arena duels are 1vs1 and very few classes are 1vs1 capable these days.
  • I'm I reading this right in that the blademaster could put a lock on someone with a simultaneous the hit slithroat and septicwound, with senso and asthma venoms? Can't eat, cant drink, cant smoke and cant apply, you'd have to green out of it right?

If so then blademasters are the only spec that could technically lock some?
  • Also I just noticed ice now only cures 4 wounds instead of 5, not sure when that happened I didn't see an annouce.
  • edited August 2016
    The ice cure change fixed the whole stacking wound problem.
    wait it's easy?

Got to nerf it again then, it should be hard to build wounds.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited August 2016
    b-(
  • No @Veyils. There isn't an asthma poison any more.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • @Veyils the ice wound-curing change is on CHANGELOG. The smaller updates are posted there.
    See you in Sapience.
  • Veyils said:

I'm I reading this right in that the blademaster could put a lock on someone with a simultaneous the hit slithroat and septicwound, with senso and asthma venoms? Can't eat, cant drink, cant smoke and cant apply, you'd have to green out of it right?

If so then blademasters are the only spec that could technically lock some?

You are more or less correct. It is why I play BM over anything else. People who know how to
    A. Cure
    B. Parry
    C. Hinder
    D. All of the above

are basically going to never get locked.

Group fights won't last long enough on a target to get you a lock, so it is mostly a 1vs1 on scrubs thing.
  • I am, for the record, into 1v1 PVP, but the Warrior archetype is the one that most suits my planned RP, and if it's likely that it'll get buffed 1v1 in the future, then whatever, I'm cool with that. I'm really into RP, too, anyway, and I can dig group PVP.

Again, though, can you make scale armor your masterarmour now?
    Master armor isn't a matter of marking existing armor, they are their own design patterns that need to be made from scratch. As such, no, I don't think so. At least, there probably won't be any existing designs for scale-type master armor, as it was a strictly inferior type of armor up until now. You can take a stab at getting some scale-type armor designed as master armor though!
  • Er, has Master Armour changed back? Cause the wiki specifies it's where you mark a field plate design as your masterarmor(It would be great if splendours worked that way). They used to be two separate things from memory but then it was changed so you didn't have different plate/master armour designs.

@Aisyrion scale's potentially not an option right now if the system was just ported straight across, but you might be able to convince an envoy or submit an idea to have it expanded to all forged armour (if it hasn't already been done), which would be pretty cool.
    Sorry, you're probably right on that one. It probably is currently locked to field plate now, but it should be pretty easy to get it switched to all comparable types of armor. Paging @Iosai and @Estarra on that one!
  • Master armor is only for forgers for everyone else scale is as good as plate I think.