The Spider Pool Party

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
edited August 2016 in Event Scrolls

I'm excited to share another baptism log! This time it's for @Veyils who had been working on this for quite some time now! Raves for @Kalaneya and @Salome being present. Welcome to the Brood, Veyils! Do excuse the rough log(it was all impromptu)! I'll polish it once I get the time.

----

You draw on 500 of your Cult's essence.
You bow your head and pray for a divine pilgrimage to the realm of the Sedulous Gossamer.

You have recovered equilibrium.

Your prayer complete, you feel the drawing pull of the Sedulous Gossamer, your pilgrimage complete.
Kalaneya follows you ether.

Promenade of roses.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. 
You see exits leading out and through a clear pool.

Veyils gives the world a smart salute.

You nod your head emphatically.

You clear your throat.

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

You have emoted: Siam turns to face everyone, a somber mien overtaking him.

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Glorious rays of morning light burst forth from Father Sun's crown as it peeks over the world's edge, announcing a bright and shining new dawn.

Imperiously, you say, "We are come before Her Realm to welcome yet another Seeker into Her Garden upon which all Her spiders grow."

Kalaneya ceases to wield a golden whip of the pious in her right hand.

Kalaneya begins to wield spectral psiblade claws in her right hand.

You have emoted: Siam softly steps back and wades into the pool, twin star-eyes fixed upon Veyils. Wordlessly, he motions for Kalaneya to join him

You have recovered balance on all limbs.

Kalaneya slips silently into the pool, midnight ripples trailing behind her form as she takes her place reverently behind you.

You have emoted: Siam takes Kalaneya's hand firmly in his and together, they wade even deeper into the pool.

Kalaneya's knuckles grow momentarily white as she strengthens her grip.

Kalaneya suddenly twitches, the air about her crackling as blue sparks zip across her skin before sputtering out.

Veyils looks from you to Kalaneya expectantly shifting in eagerness.

(Seekers of the Rose): Salome says, "May I attend the baptism?"

Softly, you say, "Shadow faeling, Ebonguard of Her forest. You came as an aspirant - an outsider to Her Web. Know that the path is lined with webs, littered with bones, watered with blood, wreathed in thorns, enflowered with roses and graced by ebon feathers."

Imperiously, you say, "The path is not easy," he pauses, "but we were not meant for ease.""

(Seekers of the Rose): You say, "Come by the pool."

You ask Veyils, "Are you aware of the hardships that await?"

A massive, ghostly white crow enters from the out, flapping his wings.
A ceramic deathwatch beetle skitters in from the out, clicking ominously.

Salome curtseys gracefully.

Nodding at you, Warden Initiate Veyils, Ward of the Wyrd says, "I understand hardship awaits and I will face it with determination and eagerness."

You have emoted: Siam acknowledges Salome's presence with a brief a gaze and wordlessly motions for Salome to join him and Kalaneya in the pool's shallows

Salome Shee-Slaugh silently stands behind you, her athame clasped over hand as she watches with curious eyes.

Wading even deeper into the pool, taking both Ladies with him, you say, "She sees and hears and knows. The Glomdoring is Hers, as we are."

You say to Veyils, "Know the weight of duty shall lie even heavier upon your shoulders as you are welcomed into Her Web."

Kalaneya nods briefly to Salome.

Salome Shee-Slaugh returns the nod to Kalaneya, her eyes lowered to the pool.

The sun reaches the zenith of the firmament, pausing in his quest to allow the land to bask in his shining golden rays.

Veyils glances between you , Kalaneya and Salome nodding at each before focusing upon you. She takes a deep breath as she nods at you stepping forwards wading into the pool to stand before you.

Warden Initiate Veyils, Ward of the Wyrd says, "I thank you all for this honour. I vow my self to the Lady..."

Bowing her head as she begins to speak softly, Warden Initiate Veyils, Ward of the Wyrd says, "I vow to serve my Lady Viravain, Mother of the Wyrd, I will shroud myself in shadows and deceit, the beauty of the Wyrd will cloak me and guide our will if it is to please the lady."

Her voice rising with fervour, Warden Initiate Veyils, Ward of the Wyrd says, "I will serve the Lady, I will strike the enemies of the Wyrd with no mercy, F'ai Glomdoring, I bow to the will of the Lady and the Wyrd for nothing matters but Glomdoring!"

Raising her head up high, Warden Initiate Veyils, Ward of the Wyrd says, "I Veyils vow to serve the Great Lady Viravain."

Veyils nods solemnly at all in attendance.

Imperiously, you ask, "Will you crush Her foes?"

Continuing the hunt for his dark mate, Father Sun presses forward in his journey, lowering himself in the sky yet still casting even, full light upon the land.

Frowning and nodding, Warden Initiate Veyils, Ward of the Wyrd says, "I will."

You intone, "Then let their bones be as dust, irrelevant and impotent before Wyrden soil."

Imperiously, you ask, "Will you slit their throats?"

Smiling, Warden Initiate Veyils, Ward of the Wyrd says, "I will, I will water the Wyrd with their blood."

You intone, "Then let their blood feed the forest that hungers. Let their weakness be devoured, be consumed for the growth of the strong."

You say to Veyils, "Let your deeds speak for your faith. Let your devotion move you to feed Her endless Murder. Leave carrion and bone in the wake of service."

His tone somber, you say, "Know that the price of weakness is great and no disservice shall be overlooked."

Salome bows her head at this, her dark eyes half-lidded.

His voice soft, you say, "Know that betrayal," he pauses briefly and glances to the side before continuing, "will not be tolerated."

You say, "Serve Her well. May your webs be of steel."

You baptise Veyils into the Seekers of the Rose of the Divine Order of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns.

You have emoted: Siam plucks a rose from his wreath and deposits it in the new Seeker's hands.

(Seekers of the Rose): You say, "Welcome, Veyils."

Smiling rapturously, Warden Initiate Veyils, Ward of the Wyrd says, "Praise be the Lady Viravain!"

Turning to Her faihful, you ask, "Have you any words to say to our newest Seeker?"

Kalaneya forms a brief half smile before nodding approvingly at Veyils.

Kalaneya flicks her fingers swiftly in the direction of Veyils's head, sending her psiblades straight into Veyils's face and pricking a pattern of eight dots in a rectangle into the space between her eyes, drawing blood.

(Seekers of the Rose): Veyils says, "Greetings and thank you for this great honour, I will serve well."

Kalaneya Shee-Slaugh says, "No longer a mere mortal, but one of Her spiders. May Her tenets suffuse your heart and soul."

Witch Doctor Salome Shee-Slaugh, the White Weaver intones, "Welcome Veyils, may your blade be sharpened for the Lady's will. And the rose of your service be individual to your faith. May your webs know stability, and cease to know Black Sorrow."

You say to Veyils, "Let Her waters purge you of your weakness of old."

You raise your hands and clouds form and darken overhead, releasing a heavy rain that drenches the area.

You have emoted: Siam wades out of the pool, leading Her congregation behind him.

Salome closes her eyes, allowing the water to wash over her - rivulets dripping on her nose.

Turning to face the newest Seeker, you say, "An offering to the Mother would be apt."

Veyils raises a hand to her forehead touching the blooded pricks. She flashes a grin at Kalaneya and smiles at Salome.

Warden Initiate Veyils, Ward of the Wyrd says, "Thank you both for your words."

Veyils nods her head emphatically.

Addressing everyone, you say, "It is pleasing to see many of Her faithful at once."

You say, "Weave Her web as She wills and you will know if it pleases Her."

You bow respectfully to Kalaneya.

You incline your head politely to Salome.

You murmur softly to yourself.

You let loose a long breath from your lungs, exhaling slowly.

-me speaking with Veyils alone-

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments