Envoy Reports

Date: 8/29/2016 at 17:07
To  : Everyone
Subj: Envoys Backlog - Part I

o Psychometabolism CellAdjustment is now a locked defence that provides
burst healing capabilities. Report 875.

o Curio cooking collections can now be activated all at one - CURIO
COLLECTION ACTIVATE <collection> OVER <food>. Report 916.

o EnigmaticPyramid construct will now give a 1-3/4 health/mana/ego regen
during the day, scaled depending on how high the sun is in the sky.
Report 1011.

o CrystalSpire will give a 0-3/4 health/mana/ego regen depending on the
sign of Sun in Astrology. At its ascendancy, it will give 3/4; at
descendancy, nothing. Between the coelis and ascendancy, 2/4; between
the coelis and descendancy, 1/4. Report 1011.

o Chemantic/Wood weapons can now have slings attached to them. Report

o It will now always be possible to tell when a player or mobile loses
their magical shield. Generally this will be a default message, but in
cases where a specific skill already has a custom message to make it
clear that the shield has fallen/been destroyed, this remains and a
redundant message has not been added. Example: Necromancy Crucify, Music
BlankNote. Report 1290.

o Key Sigils will now cause all furniture with locks on to snap shut and
lock when the sigil is triggered. Report 1307.

o Hunting Campfires will now passively cure freezing/shivering and
protect against the same passive effects from weather. Report 1320.

o Hunting companions can now be brought to life with emotes. Report

o Liches now have a 2/8 universal damage buff and equilibrium buff
during the night, and a -1/8 debuff for each during the day. Archliches
receive the benefit at all times. Report 1399.

o Dramaturgy's Deadening has been replaced by Pacifism. Report 1415.

o Healing Succor will now also show mana and ego/power information if
the user has Contemplation and Discerning, respectively, in Discernment.
Report 1422.

o Stealth GhostWalk now has a very different function, allowing ongoing
tracking of a target within a certain range. Report 1426.

Comments

• Thank you so much @Iosai and company for pushing through the Envoy backlog. We appreciate you!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I kinda feel like the Ghostwalk buff was a slight nerf if they get a warning.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Well, you can't have a pie on display and eat it at the same time. I decided to make it either stealthy or combaty. Ghostwalk as a spying skill wasn't very good anyway. On the bright side, now you can actually play mechanical tag in this game.

The real question is why did Xenthos tag this thread with "shikari is made of awesomesauce"?

• We're trying to get Shikari back.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Message #582 sent by (system) (received: 2016/08/30 20:12:11)
       Envoy report #1236 for the Ebonguard has been completed and should become active within 24-48 hours (if not immediately).

Report #1236
    Skillset:                      Skill: HELPOVERHAUL
       Guild: Ebonguard           Status: Completed Mar 2015

Problem: HELP OVERHAUL is out-of-date and not at all consistent with the current direction of the overhaul.  In addition, HELP HEALINGLIST / HELP CURELIST also still list afflictions that have been moved to the overhaul (such as disloyalty and egovice), and it's very easy to miss the new "affs" line at the beginning of these help files saying to look there for overhaul information.

Solution #1: Update HELP OVERHAUL to be accurate.  Include a reference to the new AFFs command in a very easy-to-locate-place.
    Solution #2: Remove all afflictions on the AFF list from HELP HEALINGLIST / HELP CURELIST.  Some examples include: Powerspikes, egovice, disloyalty.
    Solution #3: Preferably, both solutions 1 and 2.

>---------------------------[ Changelog Entry #559 ]--------------------------<
       Entered by: The Oneiroi, Administrators of Fate Date: 2016-08-30 15:42:09

o HELP CURELIST is now up to date with post-Overhaul cures. Note that
       cures for the Monk archetype are still present. If you find any errors,
       please HELPBUG with full details.
       o HELP PREPARATION no longer references crotamine.
       o HELP COMBATTIPS no longer hails zMud as the pinnacle of MUD clients.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologise for the unacceptable
       delay in updating these invaluable helpfiles. It is our hope that now
       that the bulk of the work has been done, we can continue to improve upon
       it as we move forward with modifications to the Herbs, Healing, and Monk
       archetype skillsets (to name but a few). We would like to offer our
       thanks to the Guild Envoys who have been an invaluable part of collating
       this information and fact checking it for you.

>-----------------------------------------------------------------------------<

/thumbsup
  • Poor zMud getting the short end of the stick :(
    I'm still using it! :p
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    For what?
    Enyalida said:
    For what?
    Uh.

Everything I copy/pasted up there came from a zMud session!
  • How do you find zmud faring in spammy group combat? I use cmud and my only concern is processing lag. It's robust enough to code what I want. I suspect with better computers the inefficiencies are rendered pretty null but I haven't seen zmud/cmud systems in real action.
    edited August 2016
    cMud's processing lag is why I've never "upgraded" to it.  I'm fine with zMud (especially once I ruthlessly exterminated all the terrible trigger patterns that were eating up resources in the initial package I used).  It's actually worse than zMud in that regard, somehow... and even better computers seem to not be able to counteract it.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

It's kind of sad, I did buy cMud and I'd love to be able to use GMCP, but every time I try a conversion it just flops.  I have taken advantage of the overhaul to try to streamline things / move away from as much of a database-oriented design as I started with since what I have read in the past is that's where cMud really falls short in comparison, but I'm still only partially done with the overhaul portion (I did the essentials for curing purposes, but have a lot more tweaking / etc. it really could use) before I even consider trying another port.
  • As long as you can run an OS that runs Zmud without crashing, it's better than Cmud in terms of stability.

Porting the old Ciaran/Murphy system over to Cmud was succchhh a pain, and cmud was never stable.  I ended up just reverting back to zmud on my old laptop that still ran winXP until it died.

Then I went inactive for a long time, haha.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    I have had zero crashes on Win10.  Essentially 0 on Vista, 7, and 8.1.  Works just fine for me!  I also love being able to make coding changes without having to reload the program, too.  Definite plus to zMud.  The downsides due to a lack of GMCP get progressively more pronounced as time goes on, though.
  • Glad to see curelist is now updated :smiley: How difficult would it be for things like help curelist and such to have a last updated field added? That why you know if you are looking at help files that are potentially out of date or current, with all the changes still in flight it could be very useful?
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2645
    Date: 10/6/2016 at 19:13
    Subj: Envoys Backlog Pt. 2

o There is a new skill in Runes - RunicArmband. This grants a 2/8
    defense to a given damage type depending on the rune used during the
    fashioning process. Report 1352.

o The effects of BurningCenser, TwinCrystals, Glacier, Dragon, Crocodile
    and Volcano Astrological spheres have changed. Report 1375.

o Paradigmatics ChaoteSign now gives 2/8 universal defence, and will
    become charged after 12 attacks. The charge will fade 10 seconds later,
    whether used or not. When charged, the user can activate his chaote
    sign, which will block all damage from the next attack. Report 1170.

o There is a new skill in Aeonics - TimeFlux. This is an ability that
    converts 1/6 of a warrior's attack to magical damage and has a chance to
    inflict timewarp on each strike. Report 1310.

o Beastmastery Jumping is now possible over water, as long as your beast
    is also trained in Swimming. Report 1319.

o Demesne melds will now automatically dissolve when the owner dies or
    logs out. Report 1329.

o TURRET STRIP will now display clearly when the target ship's shields
    are already down. Report 1343.

o Paradigmatics Polarity now allows the user to swap all resist OR buff
    effects between two damage types. Report 1364.

You continue reading:
    o Illusions may now be targetted against specific players, at an
    increased mana cost. Report 1369.

o Wildewood treehugging will now trigger runes/motes embedded on your
    garland. This can be suffixed with SUPER for Runelore, as a normal
    garland attack can. Report 1377.

o Wands may now be sheathed in scabbards and frogges. Report 1405.

o Runes SuperSling now costs no power by default. A 2p option is
    available by appending OTHALA to the end which will mask the afflictions
    given by the two runes chosen. Report 1370.

o Feoh runes will now give anorexia and Lagu runes will now give
    epilepsy. Report 1370.

o Chefs may now infuse, preserve, and fortify during the cooking/baking
    process. Report 1387.

o Necromancy Feed now drains health from the target and gives a portion
    of it to the user. This can be used against denizens, but the health
    gained from them is significantly lower. Report 1348.

o Traps are now visible to Trackers at all levels; disarm at your own
    risk, as your skill compared to the trap layer's skill will determine
    your success rate. Report 1404.

o Blindness can no longer be cured with myrtle. Report 1511.

o Pureblade attacks will inflict more bleeding in general depending on
    the wound state of the limb. Light wounds +10% bleeding, heavy wounds
    +25%, critical +50%. Report 1506.

Penned by My hand on the 5th of Avechary, in the year 453 CE. 

• Tambador said:
    Glad to see curelist is now updated :smiley: How difficult would it be for things like help curelist and such to have a last updated field added? That why you know if you are looking at help files that are potentially out of date or current, with all the changes still in flight it could be very useful?
    Done.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Xenthos said:
    process. Report 1387.

@iosai Marry me.
  • Luce said:
    Xenthos said:
    process. Report 1387.

@iosai Marry me.
    FYI, I was the one who wrote that envoy report :D
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Runes got a major set of goodies in this report. Niiiiice.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited October 2016
    Xenthos said:

This won't help exsanguinate kills land any time soon, but twist is going to be the primary kill method if there's a way to outpace clotting.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Xenthos said:

This won't help exsanguinate kills land any time soon, but twist is going to be the primary kill method if there's a way to outpace clotting.
    Will test it later if you haven't already. Kind of curious if it effects just your normal strikes or things like carve as well.
    Yeah would like to know if it affects carve and pinleg/pinarm.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Xenthos said:

The Knighthood special report had decisions rendered last night; there is one in there about Exsanguinate, I believe, so wait for that to come in. :)
    Iosai said:
    Karlach said:
    Xenthos said:

The Knighthood special report had decisions rendered last night; there is one in there about Exsanguinate, I believe, so wait for that to come in. :)
    The issue I'm having in playing it is that it's very difficult to make internal bleeding stick, short of having a second PB drop the aff so you can essentially "bomb" it, it's hard to stick. 

Will test post change and give feedback as appropriate but just speaking for how things are now (and noting a severe lack of active PBs, anyone else currently playing it or did you all go AL/BC/BM?)

• Karlach said:
    Iosai said:
    Karlach said:
    Xenthos said:

The issue I'm having in playing it is that it's very difficult to make internal bleeding stick, short of having a second PB drop the aff so you can essentially "bomb" it, it's hard to stick. 

Will test post change and give feedback as appropriate but just speaking for how things are now (and noting a severe lack of active PBs, anyone else currently playing it or did you all go AL/BC/BM?)
    With report 1447, there should be a 4s delay at critical, which should be enough to pull it off.
  • The report says: "A number of insta-kills require an ice affliction to be present when striking. With smart 
    prioritizing, you can always ensure that a dangerous ice affliction is targeted before a warrior's 
    next hit. Ice delay at critical wounds is 2.5-2.6 seconds or so, and the average ice balance time is 
    2 seconds."

Erm just looking at that report but I'm finding most wounding afflictions with a delay are being cured at 3.5 seconds at critical already atm.  I've not tested every single affliction for every warrior but 2.5-2.6 seconds seems a bit off. Are they referring to a single specific instance?

I mean crush chest, damaged head, damaged throat are curing at 2 seconds at heavy wounds and at 3.5 seconds at critical.

Mutilate was hitting me for a 1.5ish second stun and gets cured on a 3.5 second cure at critical. Couldn't test with heavy due to only having a cav around.

All warriors with no balance buffs can strike at faster than it cures already with lighting stance and no buffs. Increasing it to a four second cure is going to give a bigger window off error but its not going to change or fix any existing problems in terms of getting the instant kills if I understand the report right?
  • A few of the reports were already implemented or half-implemented before, though they weren't marked.

4s seems fine to me. Once you have the bodypart(s) you need at crit, you should have a mostly guaranteed kill (besides parry). There's still more work to do on warriors but this batch of reports should help.
    ANNOUNCE NEWS #2649
    Date: 10/9/2016 at 18:11
    Subj: Envoys Backlog - Part 3

o Wondercornucopia and curio genie buffs now last until death/logout.
    All Wondercorn buffs can be raised at once with WONDERCORN ACTIVATE ALL;
    all genie buffs can be raised at once with CURIO COLLECTION ACTIVATE
    GENIES. Report 1424.

o The movement-blocking mechanic of distort has been removed and
    replaced with a buff in movement-resistance for members/allies, and a
    malus for enemies. Report 1046.

o *bixes (transplanar teleport devices) will now have a 3s teleport
    delay, with checks at the start and end for blockers, when used within
    enemy territory. Report 1046.

o PrincessFarewell no longer causes aeon and stun; instead it gives a
    new affliction, Echoes, which causes damage and afflictions from certain
    skills to be roughly doubled while in effect. Echoes cures by itself
    after 12 seconds. Report 1164.

o You can now eat directly from your rift. Report 1420.

o Having Transcendent Veneration no longer makes it impossible to
    meditate upon your Patron. Report 1342.

o Knockdown will no longer cause balance loss if the target is already
    prone. Report 1410.

o Once winded, a target cannot be winded again until they regain
    balance. Report 1410.

o Geochemantics SteamOptics now give a 20% chance to resist blindness
    rather than illusion detection. Report 1409.

o Acrobatics Elasticity now provides a 1/3 cutting+blunt resistance
    buff. Report 1406.

o Tinkering has a new skill - PipeTank! When attached to a pipe, upon
    smoking the last puff, a new herb/plant of the same type (coltsfoot,
    myrtle, faeleaf, weed, steam) will be automatically packed into the
    pipe. Report 1417.

o Stag's Greenman facepaint now gives a 1/5 health/mana/ego buff. Report

o Discipline's Insomnia now has a RELAX INSOMNIA command, which can be
    used outside of combat (checks that masochism is not on cooldown).
    Report 1458.

Penned by My hand on the 1st of Klangiary, in the year 453 CE.

• Apparently (and it wasn't obvious from the post, at least not to me) the way to eat directly from the rift is to simply EAT. Nothing fancy like RIFT EAT <stuff>; it apparently checks your rift every time you try to eat something.