Wishlist - Artifact Adjustments

Not sure if a thread like this would get much mileage, but I've heard lots of people say, "Oh, I wish this did that," regarding artifacts. These are not ideas for new artifacts, it is a wishlist for changes to existing artifacts, or a tweak that would make you buy something you've hitherto passed up.

I imagine some would merit minor price increases (like wishing the new notebook would preserve sketches - maybe it could do that, and be re-priced to assume the pre-purchase of a certain quantity of sketch seals).

Anyway, my wishes:

- Glamrock slots should only decay if you recorded yourself wearing a non-permanent item with no decay time (ie, a quest or domoth item or similar). Regular player-made item and artifact descriptions should last indefinitely.

- Aethersuits should be able to project any of the very cool aethersuit designs at will (with a balance).

- When a great rune of the tobacconist is attached to a plain wooden pipe (arts, not artisan), it should become one of the glimmering ivory pipes of old.
#NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Would be nice if the Mask of Esteemed Beauty also had variations which vary in strength the same way these influence/regen/health runes do - like in increments of 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25! I'd love to slowly work my way towards getting the mask.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Allow artifact vials to RIFT SWITCH <liquidA> TO <liquidB>, taking the active link from A and putting it on B in one go.
    Instead of having 3 dozen whips, allow whips to be bought for one type, and have another whip or an upgrade that lets you expand the available types. TUNE WHIP <damage> to change it, maybe even allow TUNE WHIP <%> <damage> <%> <damage>, so you can adjust on the fly without having to unwield whip;;wield whip7777.
    If an Ur'Trap has a contract, let the hireling automatically activate the trap as long as there's bait left. If you need to justify the full upgrade even more, make it a 33/66/100% chance. (Or to really pull the dingbats out make it a seperate upgrade, I guess?) 

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited September 2016
    I'd rather not cap the sketch book, I like it being able to hold all my sealed sketches.

What I would like it to be able to do is to hold a number of blank sketches (say, up to the 10 mentioned by Lavinya) and make the blank sketches non-decay.  Then when you sketch something, if you have a blank sketch in the sketchbook it just automatically peels off & uses one of those.

I would also like to be able to store my excess master sketch seals in the sketchpad.

Edit: What about this glittering feedback field... thing?  Most terribly worthless 300cr artifact I have ever seen.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    edited September 2016
    - I wish the wonderpipe worked as a smoking pipe.
    - I wish the golden lifeline either cost power or had the once-a-day limit. But not both.
    - I wish the beastmaster whip and crop didn't take trains, and didn't consume mana on usage.
    - I wish the wonderwand deathsight power would get replaced since it is now redundant

Xenthos said:
    What about this glittering feedback field... thing?  Most terribly worthless 300cr artifact I have ever seen.

Can you theoretically walk into a room of boneshark or something, put up your shield and watch them die? That sounds useful.
  • I wish the classflexing limit with Tam was shorter
  • I'd love it if Wing Sandals of Haste and Boots of the Traveler were turned into runes that could be attached to shoes. I'm currently wearing three pairs of shoes, and I'm sure that my feet look straight up ridiculous...

Rivius said:
    - I wish the wonderpipe worked as a smoking pipe.
    - I wish the golden lifeline either cost power or had the once-a-day limit. But not both.
    - I wish the beastmaster whip and crop didn't take trains, and didn't consume mana on usage.
    - I wish the wonderwand deathsight power would get replaced since it is now redundant

Xenthos said:
    What about this glittering feedback field... thing?  Most terribly worthless 300cr artifact I have ever seen.

Can you theoretically walk into a room of boneshark or something, put up your shield and watch them die? That sounds useful.
    Theoretically.

In practice:
    I have been standing here letting a moose beat against my shield for a while now and it is still going strong.  I'm not sure if it's even firing on the NPC, despite the helpfile saying it will.
  • Havastus said:
    I'd love it if Wing Sandals of Haste and Boots of the Traveler were turned into runes that could be attached to shoes. I'm currently wearing three pairs of shoes, and I'm sure that my feet look straight up ridiculous...
    There is a lot of other footwear artifacts too that would be nice if they were runes that we could just all put on a single pair of shoes.
  • Xenthos said:

Edit: What about this glittering feedback field... thing?  Most terribly worthless 300cr artifact I have ever seen.
    This.

Also, I know it's the easiest thing in the world to fix myself (but no harder than resetting urTraps amirite), but if you do a non-charity influence attack whilst wearing a Scarecrow Hat, maybe some line could fire to let you know?

An illithoid guard listens to your argument with half an ear, his eyes transfixed to your tatty headwear.

I don't care to count the number of hours I've spent wondering why the heck the Nexus guards are suddenly superpowered :tired_face:
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Versalean said:
    Xenthos said:

This.

Also, I know it's the easiest thing in the world to fix myself (but no harder than resetting urTraps amirite), but if you do a non-charity influence attack whilst wearing a Scarecrow Hat, maybe some line could fire to let you know?

An illithoid guard listens to your argument with half an ear, his eyes transfixed to your tatty headwear.

I don't care to count the number of hours I've spent wondering why the heck the Nexus guards are suddenly superpowered :tired_face:
    I had to make myself a little trigger to remove mine when I switch performance for this reason XD

I just have a flag that remembers if I am wearing the hat or not, and if I do any non-charity style it takes it off (or puts it on if doing charity).  Works fine, but could always be made easier.
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Wonder belt's grapplehook is really worthless. If it's going to be a climb clone that costs balance, it should work under situations where climb does not.
  • With basically everyone having access to Deathsight now via discernment, I feel that having deathsight on the wonderwand is a bit pointless as well. Going with enchantments as a replacement perhaps change it to Web, Nimbus or Ignite?

On the topic of wonderwand I would also love if it was just a general attack item (doing the same damage regardless of npc or player) instead of being whip-like (doing more damage to npcs and less damage to players)