Shedrin vs Veyils Warrior Spar

The log. (Warning: long and ugly)
Note: The "H-C-G-La-Ra-Ll-Rl-" thing is their wounds. Colors go white, green, yellow, red to significant none, light, heavy, crit. That's mostly for logging, as it gets outputted to a window when I'm playing.

So @Veyils has been pretty consistently defeating me in our spars, and I'm not content to blame it all on BC > BM.

So seeking whatever advice people have.

Some of my thoughts
  • I need to improve my anti-stupidity/damagedhead. I spam so many commands, each round, and I don't have many failsafes for it. That's mostly a matter of me being not lazy and coding it, I think.
  • I'm not sure if going for the legs is the best, but I think it's my best option for hindering and bypassing parry. It takes forever to get to crit to make it work, though.
  • I'm trying out charybdon lately. Despite the randomness, the completely hidden factor of it makes the afflictions stick easier.
  • I really wish I had mutilate arms for BM. Double crit arms and can't do anything with it. :(
  • I've worked a bit on my parry recently. Currently trying split parry according to the two most heavily damaged bodyparts. If I was another class, parry head 100 and just hinder spam when chest gets up there would work well, but I need to keep up my offense as well, so my parry needs to be on point.

Comments

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    I think part of the stupidity issue was m&m assuming stupidity when it was really damagedskull. I can fix that pretty easily I think.

That should help with curing.

I'm not 100% familiar with BM, but do you need crit arms to kill? What's the overall goal here?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    I think part of the stupidity issue was m&m assuming stupidity when it was really damagedskull. I can fix that pretty easily I think.

I'm not 100% familiar with BM, but do you need crit arms to kill? What's the overall goal here?

Crit arms was entirely accidental. I never targetted arms, but it built up just from Coule.
  • I'm hindering you a lot more than you are hindering me with just wounding strikes and better poisons it seems from a quick look a the fight. You can do it right back as well. Like warrior v warrior seems to be a race to the highest wound/instakill level. So because I hindered more I got there quicker.

Few things:
    [X] aggressive stance, I'd chance that to lightning. The damage wont kill me but faster attacks is more afflictions and more wounds.
    [ ] poisonexpert  use your defences! 

Poisons: Charybdon and morphite, I don't get why your Charybdon at all? It seems a bit useless to me? I may be missing something but?

If you notice I'm putting out a lot of mantakaya on the first weapon strike because well its crazy good for us one handers. Chance to bypass parry on the second part of the combo, plus a small but good hinder. I almost can't see why anyone wouldn't want to use it like almost all the time on the first weapon combo, also I don't know what you use for enhancements but on my first weapon that strikes I use honed to make the paralysis chance even greater.

I mean I kind of get you doing the double leg break double morphite but what are the chances of that actually working? Two poison hits with no shrugging? Seems sort of a long chance for a prone. Could work I guess but just doesn't really seem worth it to me.

Also with stupidity: Omg like seriously count the number of times you used secrets in that fight 9 times! Thats 36 seconds of hindering alone. Stupidity is just such a good hinder sometimes. So like sometimes I'm striking you two or three times for every time you hit me in that fight so I'm getting way ahead of you in the wound race.

Also do not wipe your blades so much against a warrior as a BM or BC, we get a counter attack on parry which =more poisons! If you look at the log there are a lot of times you counter me but don't have any poisons on your weapon.

You generally cured everything well and your parry was good, it took some getting through but I simply just attacked a lot more than you did which ment I was way ahead and you lost the race.

Few questions?

What is this? "Your enhanced insight repels stupidity."
    Guild ability or something or where do I get it?

Also:
    You glance over Veyils and see that her health is at 10713/11110.
    She is bleeding for 104 health.H-C-G-La-Ra-Ll-Rl-

That tracker looks kinda cool can I have it? :dizzy:

Green is light? Yellow is heavy?

• edited September 2016
    @sidd Ya I find the parry of bm and bc really builds up wounding on the arms of other warriors pretty good but because bc or Bm don't have any good arm afflictions theres not point curing it so I just let it build high and ignore it.

Like if you notice he almost had heavy wounds from my counter, if he had been attacking me as much as I was attacking him he probably would have had critical as well.
  • Not sure why I had aggressive up there, that should've been poisonist.

Yeah need to work on my poisoning system, it's on the the to-do list.

Double leg with morphite was because it's really my only chance to hinder besides mantakaya and just shieldstunning before crit.

Enhanced insight is whitetea.

Do you want the gui with that?
  • I did get you to crit chest at one point, but not with enough power to kill, then I lost it.
  • Synkarin said:

@sidd Bm's general goal is critical chest wounds for the kill but critical legs are cool to get as well.
  • Shedrin said:
    Not sure why I had aggressive up there, that should've been poisonist.

Yeah need to work on my poisoning system, it's on the the to-do list.

Double leg with morphite was because it's really my only chance to hinder besides mantakaya and just shieldstunning before crit.

Enhanced insight is whitetea.

Do you want the gui with that?

Do a double arm break on me, thats pretty good hinder right?

Sure it'd be nice to see the gui and code thingy. Thanks!
  • BM can't do damagedarms. The AB is incorrect. And according to both the description and and the original design document, shouldn't have damagedarms, so I'm assuming it's closer to a typo error than a bug.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/10031849/wounds.xml
    Pretty basic, just a window in the corner.
  • edited September 2016
    ohh weird the wiki really needs updating I assumed you had arm break in there as well. 

Thanks for the link to that though.

Still looking at the log most of my hindering was comming from the para/stupidity combo. 
  • I may be being a bit stupid here but is there a reason why you don't go all crazy on the legs as a bm? I'm just paper crafting.

I'd maybe want to test it but well spiral between chest strikes and lleg, rleg strikes. If you defend the chest you build on legsm if the chest is open smush it. Once you get critical leg wounds it seems like game over. Double Mutiated legs(please tell me the wiki is right on this at least?) and then well you can keep them down forever and you just kill them?
  • Yeah I think Charybdon isn't as consistent as I would like.

I do focus legs when I'm able, though most people do adjust their parry. What I'm probably not doing enough is the three bodypart switching.
  • Charybdon does just seem like totally eh, like the afflictions it gives 90% of the time don't hinder me at all :/
  • I've had some success against others with it, which is why I was using it. That and experimentation, of course!
  • You got hit properly with mantakaya causing paralysis 45 time in that log, you did secrets 9 times. Thats just the basic hindering from poisons and what did Charybdon do? Knocked me off equi once I think and made me diagnose every min give or take.

I've experimented a bit with some other poisons but I just can't see much better than mantakaya/Dulak, with the occasional senso thrown in no other poisons seem to do like almost anything for warriors. Well some do stuff but are so easily cured they may as well not exist for us.

That was a sevenish min fight roughly so poisons alone counted to hinder you for about 20% of the time.

Can you talk me through how you do your instakill though, i'm curious as to the exact set up once you reach critical wounds? What do you remiss and so on?
  • I have a few potential setups, in rough order of consistency:

Crit chest, crit gut. Remiss paralysis -> damagedorgans + internalbleeding -> asthma + eviscerate
    Crit chest, crit leg. Remiss damagedarm -> Mutilateleg + damagedleg -> beast + asthma + eviscerate
    Crit chest, light gut/leg. Remiss damagedarm -> wait -> beast + internalbleeding/damagedleg + haemotox + eviscerate

As a Vernal Demigod, I can also play with the Ur'life power to increase the consistency of the latter two (breathe plague, 1-3 plague affs).

I just thought of another, untested:
    Crit chest, heavy head, light gut. Remiss paralysis -> wait -> damagedthroat + stab chansu -> beast + internalbleeding + eviscerate
  • So you reliably need crit chest and crit leg/gut plus 5 power to clear it though.

When you say beast I assume you mean beast spit poison or is it some other beast ability I am not thinking of?

So you can maybe get an early one if your very lucky with the shrugging?
  • Actually as a side question I noticed when fighting Ciaran you got both his legs to critical at one point but never seemed to tendon them much? Is there a reason or did you just not get the chance?
  • edited September 2016
    Beast spit, or Ur'life power.

Couldn't get the ball rolling on the double mutilates before he cured and I died.

edit: Though if I had done it better, I could've.
  • @Shedrin Is it just me or were you missing lucidity slush, for a big portion of that fight?

"A sapphire vial contains nothing that is drinkable."
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • That was most likely a stupidity effect causing him to try and sip an empty vial. He cures stupidity with slush and its an arena so she cant run out.