Her Garden Ever Flourishes

SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Hi everyone! Today, I got to baptise @Edith and @Lysistrata. I've been meaning to convince Edith to join the Order from when I first noticed her roleplaying around, and I jumped on this chance to get her to join! I was supposed to baptise Lysistrata yesterday but I got busy with some work-related things. Things have been great today! I got promoted and I got to induct new blood to the Order yet again! 

Both baptisms are all impromptu and I wish they were more polished, but I'm still very happy!

Edith's baptism:

(Glomdoring): Edith says, "I have composed a post to the forest news boards. I would be most appreciative if you would all take the time to read this at your leisure."

(Glomdoring): Viravain says, "Edith."

Opening her mouth wide, Edith gapes in wonder.

You cough softly.

(Glomdoring): Viravain says, "Learning begins with the self. I charge you to 

preach My name."

(Glomdoring): Viravain says, "I'm sure all of My little spiders would be happy to help you with this."

(Glomdoring): Narynth says, "Hail, Lady Viravain."

(Glomdoring): Viravain says, "Right, Siam?"

(Glomdoring): Athree says, "Hail, Lady of thorns."

(Glomdoring): You say, "Aye, Mistress."

Raucous corvine laughter sounds out from the canopies of the surrounding forest, echoing eerily through the Wyrden Wood.

The corners of Versalean's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

(Glomdoring): Edith says, "Erm...yes, of course, Lady Viravain. Thank You."

(Glomdoring): Veyils says, "Many will be happy to aid Lady Viravain."

Druid Crek Ysav'rai, Eye of Crow says to Edith, "Emotions, dear. Allowing nervousness to control you will lead only to errors. Settle, think. Then respond."

Edith bites at her lip, taking a deep breath and blowing it out at length.

You say to Edith, "Our webs intertwine. We shall uncover your steel, young one."

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "I did not expect a response to my posting by the Pantheon Themselves."

Raucous corvine laughter sounds out from the canopies of the surrounding forest, echoing eerily through the Wyrden Wood.

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across Crek's lips.

Reverently, you say, "The Mother hears all and sees all and knows all. You have 

caught Her gaze - prove you are most worthy of it."

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "How...exhilirating and yet, fear inducing, it is to have heard mine own name spoken by One so powerful."Edith nods her head at you.

With several beats of his wings, Crek alights upon your shoulder.

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "I will not shame myself, nor the Blacktalon or the Glomdoring."

Druid Crek Ysav'rai, Eye of Crow says to Edith, "Of course not. You are of Perfection."

Edith tilts her head slightly, curious.

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "I am sure that is not the compliment I take it to be, k'iane."

The sound of wings flapping heralds a screeching murder of crows flying overhead.

Softly, you say, "You are part of Her Web. All of the Wyrd is the Web and the Wyrd is Perfection."

Comprehension flashes across Edith's face.

Edith nods her head.

You say to Edith, "You are Perfect, child. You have to uncloud your sight first."

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "Clarity will come with knowledge."

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers to you, "It is you the Lady of Thorns seemed to point me to, k'z'ian. You will assist me in my pursuit of knowledge and clarity?"

Edith suddenly loses focus in her eyes and shudders, then looks curiously refreshed.

You say to Edith, "Your sight will expand all the more...with Her guidance..."

You beckon to Edith.

Edith begins to follow you.

Edith curtseys gracefully.

You say, "Come, I will show you something."

A preparation room.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Thick velvet curtains line the walls of this room, deadening the echoes from the otherwise smooth stone walls.  The floor is covered with a thick, shaggy rug, worn in places by the pacing of countless actors awaiting their turn on stage.  A large, full-length mirror is inset into the northern wall for any last-minute checks that actors wish to make. An elegant, gilt-edged mirror stands here, its glassy surface reflecting light. A young giant crow flies here with wings spread.
There are no obvious exits.

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "I do not believe I have been to this place, before."

You have emoted: Siam strides with purpose towards and stops before the mirror.

You say to Edith, "We are come to the backstage of the Grand Hall of the Dark Heart."

Edith raises her hand to her mouth, her fingers held tentatively before her mouth before they are clenched in a fist, and forced back down to her side.

Showing that she understands, Edith nods her head slowly.

You say to Edith, "This mirror is special, for it has seen me throughout my life in the Glomdoring."

You say, "I once looked into it and saw weakness."

You say to Edith, "I saw imperfection."

You say to Edith, "Come, take a look. Tell me what you see."

Edith glances at the mirror with trepidation, before slowly moving forward and stepping in front of it. Leaning out, she peers into its depths, pulling aside her hair and staring into her own eyes.

Slowly turning her head this way and that, keeping her gaze fixed, Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "I look so...small."

Stepping aside to allow Edith a better view, you say, "Look further. Deeper."

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "In my eyes I do not see a burning fire of character I assumed I had within. It is more...a flicker."

Edith reaches out to press her fingertips against the mirror, steepled together in the reflection. "I see...an emptiness. Much is yet to be fulfilled. Much is yet to be seen and to be done. There is a lacking of...much."

Edith steps forward again, pressing her nose against the mirror and pressing herself against it. Her voice a coarse whisper, she mutters, "Why do I not see that which I thought I had?"

You say to an elegant, gilt-edged mirror, "Show the young one all that she could be now that she has seen what she is not, what she never was..."

Edith steps back, her arms limp at her sides as she turns to look at you curiously, before turning again toward her reflection.

His voice nary a whisper, you say, "Now you begin to uncloud your sight, child. Unravel this veil of delusion."

You have emoted: Siam turns to face Edith, one hand gently resting upon the gilded edge of the mirror. Shadows swarm across its surface and it turns into a tenebrous pool - as a black window to an even greater abyss

Edith pulls her feet together and bends at the hip as she leans once more toward the mirror. Squinting her eyes, she bats at the air next to her, whispering harshly to herself, watching the glass shift and change before her.

Softly, you say, "First comes strength - an acknowledgement that a spider -can- weave its own web."

Leaning forward to whisper in Edith's ear, you say, "An acknowledgement that your web can encompass great things. Distances. People. That you are capable of creating silken steel."

Glancing abruptly back at the mirror, you say, "Like so."

Tucking the right side of her hair behind her ear, Edith moves her gaze between you and the mirror, her eyes filled with earnest.

You have emoted: Siam looks on as a small faeling walks purposefuly and confidently from the depths of the mirror. It is Edith. All that Edith could be: the heart of a web of long shadows.

Admirably, you say, "Tiny folks cast long shadows, too, my dear."

Showing that she understands, Edith nods her head slowly.

Turning back to face you, you say, "All that you need is guidance. Her guidance. She has seen your potential. Let us uncover it."

Softly, you say, "We shall slough the rot and prune bad growth."

Edith holds herself a little taller, turning slightly as she peers in the mirror before facing you. Whispering, she says, "I am ready to be pruned, k'z'ian."

These faithful of the Divine Order of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns are online:
Keeper Veyils Ysav'rai, of the Blackened Bones (Outer Circle)
Siam of the Blackthorn (Inner Circle)
There are 2 mortals in your Circle (and below) on this Plane and 1 on other 

Planes.

Twin star-eyes glimmering with satisfaction, you say, "A wise choice. So be it."

------

--- promenade of roses ----------- 0:0:-2 ---
Promenade of roses.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Small paths of loose onyx stone wind throughout the area, forming symmetrical loops. Lining each pathway are well-trimmed rosebushes, an abundance of dark, red roses, bloom year-round upon each. In the centre, where each looping pathway both begins and ends, resides a large fountain. The pool at the base of the fountain is wide, a broad flat-topped boulder rising from its depths. Across its surface is an intricate forest of trees crafted from dark marble, each sculpted in exquisite detail. In the centre stands a statue of Lady Viravain, Her gaze turned down towards the forest and Her hand outstretched. A small stream of water pours from Her palm, this source of life raining down upon the trees. A young giant crow flies here with wings spread.
You see exits leading out and through a clear pool.

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "Baptised?"

You nod your head slowly in understanding.

Edith pats down her hair and pulls at her gown, trying to make herself more presentable as she gazes around her surroundings.

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "I was not aware She sought me to join Her Order. Forgive me."

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "If one of our Pantheon deems me worthy to join the ranks of Her Order, then it must be for a reason beyond my own comprehensions. I am nothing, to deny Her will. Indeed it is an esteemed honour."

Softly, you say, "That is indeed Her desire, but you need n-."

You tap your fingers together and murmur, "Excellent..."

Intone, you say, "Let us baptise you, then."

Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.

(Seekers of the Rose): You say, "I enjoin all Seekers to witness Edith's baptism."

(Seekers of the Rose): Salome says, "I shall come presently."

Yipping loudly and wagging her tail quickly, a frisky puppy waddles in as quickly as her legs will carry her.
A massive, ghostly white crow enters from the out, flapping his wings.

Edith curtseys gracefully before Salome.

Veyils inclines her head politely to those around her.

Edith curtseys gracefully before Veyils.

Salome Shee-Slaugh leaps from the back of her crow silently, wings spread wide as a low crackling chitter echos at you in acknowledgement of your status.

Salome steps down off of a massive, ghostly white crow.

A massive, ghostly white crow begins to follow Salome obediently.

Salome inclines her head politely to those around her.

Edith tells you, "Where should I begin? Is it something I should say - or do? Or both?"

You tell Edith of the Blackthorn, "It can be both."

Edith chews on her lip, deep in thought.

You clear your throat.

Promenade of roses.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. A young giant crow flies here with wings spread. A frisky puppy sits on her haunches, her little tail wagging against the ground. A massive, ghostly white crow flies here with wings spread. Keeper Veyils Ysav'rai, of the Blackened Bones is here, shrouded. She wields a viciously hooked flail in each hand. Edith of the Blackthorn is here, shrouded. She wields a mystic cudgel in her left hand and a glowing powerstone in her right. Princess Salome Shee-Slaugh, the White Weaver stands here, encompassed in the coiling embrace of darkness. She wields a supine athame of rigored Haze in her left hand and a sinuous whip of conquered shadows in her right.
You see exits leading out and through a clear pool.

You say to Edith, "Whenever you're ready, my dear."

Edith clears her throat, a nervous, shaken sound. Standing up a little taller, she turns to glance at each of you gathered.

Salome Shee-Slaugh dips her head, her gaze a steadying reflection upon Edith.

You close your eyes and inhale deeply, absorbing the scent of your surroundings.

You have emoted: Siam wades into the pool, beckoning the rest of the Seekers to follow.

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "When I awoke this month, I did not expect much beyond my continued work to bolster my own strength and place within the glorious K'lian'lom. Indeed, the reason for my post to the commune news board was to accomplish in another of my guild tasks. To know now, that it has lead me here, called by the Lady Viravain Herself, in all Her beauteous glory and might...it is without comparison."

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "I have not much in the way of physical offerings, but I offer all that I have and will become to Her, as I have the forest and the followers of Brother Crow. I will continue to strive for the best, and to grow under the guidance of the Lady of Thorns and the others of Her Order."

Salome alights upon the tops of the water, before sinking within their depths.

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "I will do all that I can to ensure I prove my worth to such a calling. I will make myself proud, you - my friends and family - proud, and in time I hope, the Lady Viravain Herself."

Veyils follows, landing softly in the water creating only a small ripple as she sinks deeper into the dark waters.

Edith bites gently at her lip, performing a short curtsey as she ends her speech and glances toward you.

You have emoted: Siam looks back at the sound of the whispered oath and settles a star-eyed gaze at Edith. He is still, taking in the Seeker's words in pregnant silence

Remaining quiet for a few moments, you say, "Come, child."

You have emoted: Siam motions for Edith to follow into the pool.

Edith hitches up at her gown, lifting the fabric to her knees as she steps forward and into the pool. As she descends further, she releases her hold and lets the gown flow out around her, stumbling slightly as she makes her way toward you all.

You have emoted: Siam plucks a rose from his obsidian wreath and carefully tucks it into Edith's tresses. He cups his hand and raises them above Edith's head.

You have emoted: Siam let falls the water from his cupped palms as he begins to speak.

Softly, you say, "Your earnestness has not gone unnoticed from when you first set foot upon the Wyrden Wood, child."

Softly, you say, "And now - now that you have demonstrated an initiative, you have caught Her gaze and charged you with a task: preach Her name."

Edith tilts her head back as the cool water trickles across her forehead and down 

her hair, breathily whispering, "Viravain."

Continuing, you say, "And you have since seen what you are not and what you are yet to become. The Mother has called and you have answered. It is but the first thread. May you weave Webs in Her name and flourish in Her Wisdom, bolstered ever by Her Will."

You baptise Edith into the Seekers of the Rose of the Divine Order of Viravain, Lady of the Thorns.

You say to Edith, "Slough the rot."

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "And prune the bad."

Coaxing Edith to stand straighter, you say, "And so shall you flourish."

Edith dips her head reverantly, and straightens her posture.

Edith smiles softly.

You have emoted: Siam wades out of the pool and motions for the rest of Her Faithful to follow.

Sniffing about cautiously, a frisky puppy explores a bit before returning to sit by the feet of her mistress.

Edith follows you out of the pool, fighting a little against her gown as she steps out.

(Seekers of the Rose): You say, "Welcome, Edith. You are but the newest Seeker in Her garden. Weave Her Webs, Seeker."

Veyils Ysav'rai flutters her wings rising above the pools dark waters smiling happily at Edith.

Salome closes her eyes briefly, the imagery of the baptism shielded from her eyes before she opens them - her gaze hard. She alights from the pool, the waters casting droplets upon her bare feet.

(Seekers of the Rose): Edith says, "Thank you, k'z'ian."

----

So now Lysistrata logs in so I ran to get her! This is from @Veyil's POV

The Realm of Shadows.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A young giant crow flies here with wings spread. A leopard lurks in the shadows, curiously watching anything that moves. Clad in matte black leather, a golden-eyed savage lingers here like a living shadow. Edith of the Blackthorn is here, shrouded. She wields a mystic cudgel in her left hand and a glowing powerstone in her right. Siam of the Blackthorn is here. He wields a putrid thornvine whip in his left hand and a golden whip of the pious in his right.
You see exits leading north, northeast, southeast, southwest, northwest, up, and down.

Spirit Warden Xenthos An'Ryshe, the Ebon Strategist says to Edith, "Greetings."

You give Xenthos a respectful salute.

You follow Siam of the Blackthorn down to before the Master Ravenwood Tree.
Brennan Stormcrow cocks his head to one side, looking Siam over with an appraising stare.
Brennan Stormcrow exclaims, "Mighty Crow has his eye upon you, Dark Savant!"
A dark nighthag turns her gaze to Siam momentarily.

Lysistrata curtseys gracefully before Siam.

Siam beckons to Lysistrata.

Siam bows his head and murmurs a quiet prayer of pilgrimage to the Sedulous Gossamer.

Edith of the Blackthorn whispers, "I regret to say I cannot stay for this. I must take to rest."

Siam of the Blackthorn says, "Go well, dear."

Siam disappears in a burst of divine energy.
You follow Siam of the Blackthorn to Heart of the Dark Web.
Siam arrives in a burst of divine energy.

Heart of the Dark Web.
An elegant yet eerie throne rises up here from amidst the shadows. Settled within the branches of an ancient and skeletal tree roosts a murder of crows, their voices harsh and deafening as their caws peal through the air. A glittering gemstone spider remains poised just above a finely polished marble slab, which itself hovers cryptically in the air. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A massive, ghostly white crow flies here with wings spread. A young giant crow flies here with wings spread. Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow is here. She wields an athame dagger in her left hand. Siam of the Blackthorn is here. He wields a putrid thornvine whip in his left hand and a golden whip of the pious in his right. Princess Salome Shee-Slaugh, the White Weaver stands here, encompassed in the coiling embrace of darkness. She wields a supine athame of rigored Haze in her left hand and a sinuous whip of conquered shadows in her right. Edith of the 
Blackthorn is riding on a young giant crow. She wields a mystic cudgel in her left hand and a glowing powerstone in her right.
You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

Siam inclines his head politely to Edith.

Edith, riding a young giant crow, leaves to the south.
With a flap of his wings, a young giant crow flies off to the south.

With a wistful look on his face, Siam touches a shimmering web.
Siam reaches out and touches a shimmering web as hundreds of tiny spiders draw him into the spider's 
lair.
You follow Siam of the Blackthorn to courtyard before a vine-covered temple.
Siam is deposited within the room looking bewildered and covered in stray bits of webbing as the 
spiders retreat once again into their web.

You follow Siam of the Blackthorn southeast to surrounded by dark beauty.

You follow Siam of the Blackthorn to promenade of roses.

Siam closes his eyes and inhales deeply, absorbing the scent of his surroundings.

Promenade of roses.
The shadowy outline of a twisted forest casts a dark gloom here. Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow is here, shrouded. She wields an athame dagger in her left hand. Siam of the Blackthorn is here. He wields a putrid thornvine whip in his left hand and a golden whip of the pious in his right.You see exits leading out and through a clear pool.

(Seekers of the Rose): Siam says, "There is yet another baptism for Lysistrata, come if you have the chance."

You flash Lysistrata a joyous smile.

You smile broadly and say to Lysistrata, "Greetings and welcome."

Lysistrata curtseys gracefully before you.

Siam closes his eyes and inhales deeply, absorbing the scent of his surroundings.

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "Thank you for welcoming me."

Siam wades into the heart of the pool, motioning for you to follow.

You have emoted: Veyils Ysav'rai flutters her wings nodding at Siam to land softly in the dark waters creating a small ripple as she sinks deeper into the waters

Siam of the Blackthorn intones, "Lysistrata. You came in search of Her Wisdom. Of Her ineffable 
Beauty. Of Her Strength."

Siam of the Blackthorn asks Lysistrata, "Is this so?"

Lysistrata respectfully lands on the ground, folding her wings behind her as she does "Yes, it is".

Softly, Siam of the Blackthorn says, "Then come into Her pool and drink of Her Strength and draw on Her Beauty."

Lysistrata slowly walks into the pool, setting one foot in first, tentatively  as though checking the temperature, then walking in until the water is up to her collarbone.

Siam plucks a rose from his obsidian wreath and inspects it with a critical eye, the ambient light of his twin star-eyes reflected upon the wicked thorns and the velvet petals.

Siam firmly grips the rose by the stem, he remains calm even as  blood seeps from his clenched fist.

Siam viciously jabs the end of the rose into Lysistrata's chest - right above the heart, making a huge splash as his masterful hand plunges into the pool. With his other hand he touches Lysistrata's chin, coaxing her to look into his twin star-eyes. He moves in even closer until he is but a breath away from Lysistrata's face

Lysistrata gazes deeply into Siam's eyes even while she sputters slightly after swallowing a mouthful of water.

Eyes locked with Lysistratas as he exquisitely buries the stem up to the bloom itself, Siam of the Blackthorn asks, "Perfection comes at a price: will you slough whatever of you is rotten? Will you prune whatever growth is unruly?"

You have emoted: Veyils Ysav'rai face twists into a feral grin at the sight of Lysistrata's blood, her eyes fixating upon the rose as she nods encouragingly at Lysistrata.

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "I will, gladly and with merciless efficiency."

Siam smirks with satisfaction at Lysistrata's words and he lets go of the rose. Shadowy vines erupt from Lysistrata's form, their points wicked and their roses perfect.

As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty, spreading darkness across the land.

Lysistrata starts slightly as the vines  surround her, but she holds her place, and tries to keep he expression impassive.

Siam watches as the shadowy growths wrap around Lysistrata, enveloping Lysistrata in a thorny embrace even as flesh is torn and left jagged. With the coming of Night, they recede into Lysistrata's form, sealing all wounds as they are drawn in. Only the heady fragrance of roses lingers

Siam of the Blackthorn says to Lysistrata, "Arise, strengthened, empowered, ever called to Perfect thy self."

Lysistrata licks at a small dribble of  blood that runs down her  her cheek, a soft smile forming on her lips.

Across the heavens, the stars and moon challenge night's dark reign, revealing familiar constellations that tell the tales of myth and legend.

Siam of the Blackthorn says to Lysistrata, "Let your words and actions command respect even as you emulate them, let your endeavours of beauty expand Her Web ever further."

Siam of the Blackthorn says to Lysistrata, "May your Webs be of steel."

Siam of the Blackthorn says, "Here at the very brink of becoming one of Her Spiders, speak your oath - your fealty to the Mistress."

Lysistrata, of the Great Shadow says, "I, Lysistrata, do so swear my fealty to You, Lady Viravain. I swear to obey your words and follow your example. I swear to uphold your tenants in thought, action, and word."

Lysistrata nods her head at Siam.

Siam of the Blackthorn says, "So mote it be. Now that you are come to the threshold of Perfection, may you heed Her guidance and will, and may you let your aspirations become part of the force that furthers the Wyrd."

Softly, Siam of the Blackthorn says, "For the World is Her Web. For the Wyrd is Her Web."

Siam of the Blackthorn says to Lysistrata, "Seeker."

(Seekers of the Rose): Siam says, "Welcome, Seeker Lysistrata."

Lysistrata takes a deep breath, and smile broadly.

You have emoted: Veyils Ysav'rai beams broadly at Lysistrata a blissful expression on her face as she throws her arms wide in a welcoming gesture

You smile broadly and say, "Welcome Seeker Lysistrata!"

(Seekers of the Rose): You say, "Welcome Welcome!!"

(Seekers of the Rose): Lysistrata says, "Thank you for accepting me. I shall strive to be worthy."

Siam extends a hand to both Seekers, patiently waiting for them to be taken.

Softly, Siam of the Blackthorn says, "Come."

Lysistrata places  her tiny hands into Siam's, hovering out of the water as she does so as to reach properly.

You have emoted: Veyils Ysav'rai extends her hand to Siam resting it softly in his, still smiling happily at Lysistrata

(Seekers of the Rose): Siam says, "Her Garden ever flourishes, dear Seekers. May you ever prove Your worth."

Siam wades out of the pool, leading Her Faithful behind him.

Lysistrata exhales slowly, allowing a long fluid breath to creep from her lungs.

Siam of the Blackthorn says to Lysistrata, "Now, I must show you around."

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Thank you for posting this. It was nice to read it back, and so fun to do! Thank you @Siam for making that so fun. I will forever have an inflated ego about Viravain practically recruiting me herself eheheh.
    (Glomdoring): Viravain says, "Edith."
    (Glomdoring): Viravain says, "Learning begins with the self. I charge you to preach My name."
    *baptized*
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Edith said:
    Thank you for posting this. It was nice to read it back, and so fun to do! Thank you @Siam for making that so fun. I will forever have an inflated ego about Viravain practically recruiting me herself eheheh.
    You're welcome, @Edith! I look forward to more rp-sessions with you and the rest of the Vira brood! :D 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback