What are you listening to at the moment?

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Idk why but I love this and it's my "doing chores" soundtrack of the moment.

Also dat blink-182 reference. "I Miss You" was my carpool jam back in the day.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
  • edited August 2016
    Anyone that can recommend any artists that do classical music fused into techno/electronic/edm? My Google fu is failing me.

This is more classical instruments vs actual classical sampling:

This one is my favorite. Wait for the beat drop at 2:58

E.S. Posthumus and Apocalyptica are also good if you want a more bombastic sound or a rock fusion. Gramatik for 30s/40s jazzy sampling with your beats.

-------

Currently in my head:

Casey's Last Ride - Oranger

Chet Faker + Flume - Drop the Game

Counting Sheep - SAFIA

Thanks for all the fun suggestions in this thread. Been chilling listening to music for like the past hour or so :)
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game

INSPIRATIONAL GRADING MUSIC
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Slight SU spoilers, but I'm oscillating between Pearl's most recent song and this
    I didn't really like here comes a thought, oh well. 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That's okay. One thing the show is good at is showing that it's okay to be different and have different likes and tastes, and part of why Here Comes a Thought works for me is that I see it as an allegory almost for anxiety in general, not just fusion-angst. Which means that it speaks to the things my better half has been dealing with.
  • edited September 2016
    This always plays at work, and now I'm hooked.

Also this:

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Luce said:
    Slight SU spoilers, but I'm oscillating between Pearl's most recent song and this
    I've had those in heavy rotation recently too. My favorite has to be Pearl's, because Pearl, and the emotions she's finally unpacking, and that glorious bokeh parallax panning shot on the first chorus. <3<3<3

But even if Garnet's voice actress didn't turn in the best performance, Stevonnie's more than made up for it, and like you said, her song is more broadly therapeutic. So good.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Here comes a Thought actually had me crying and I was just listening to it over and over for a few days.
    Luce said:
    That's okay. One thing the show is good at is showing that it's okay to be different and have different likes and tastes, and part of why Here Comes a Thought works for me is that I see it as an allegory almost for anxiety in general, not just fusion-angst. Which means that it speaks to the things my better half has been dealing with.
    Well, right. I like the content, I just don't think it's a well performed song at all. The entire show is allegory, sometimes unsubtly, sometimes rather cleverly. 
  • I've had the Hamilton musical shown to me, and right now I'm just listening to... well, pretty much all of the songs. Hard to pick just one favourite. There are so many songs that are strong in many different ways.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Came across these guys tonight. Digging them. Suggested if you're a fan of Iron and Wine.

The Midnight Pine
    -----------------

• is dead like the dodo
  • edited September 2016
    Just an amazing person and the song isn't really that bad either.

• Odesza - Without You

• My 'playing Lusty' music.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Queens of the Stone Age is one of those groups that I've always liked but don't listen to often, for whatever reason. Been fixing that by listening to their stuff a lot over the past few days, especially this one. It's definitely my favorite song of theirs.

• edited September 2016

I CAN'T STOP WATCHING THIS
    Your numbers today are:
  • Because why not?

• @Kilee - that was amazing! I'm a big Community fan, and I love Donald Glover!
  • This is my aetherhunt music:

• edited September 2016
    I just found this gem...now listening to it on repeat.

Edit: How do I post YouTube videos directly again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peTnXmZxuZQ
  • @Thyelleia just copy/paste the actual link in your address bar here, it'll auto embed the video.
  • Thank you very much! :) 
  • It might have to be given an extra line break between the edit and the link itself.

• - I like a diverse range of music, but currently have these lined up to play
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • edited September 2016

edit: You're welcome.