Looking Forward: Healing Skillset

124»

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Siam said:
    Can't it be changed into delaying the curing of afflictions for a considerable amt of time?
    Would that not be crazy with some combos? I mean even if you delay the curing of asthma by just a few seconds it makes aeon just so so much worse?
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I still believe that we live in a world where we all want to move away from aeon!

That being said, how about this: a delayed burst damage based on the number of affs the target cures within 30 seconds~1 minute?

I don't have enough data to project realistic numbers but:

1 aff = 300 damage

Folks with base health(6,000-ish) would need to cure 20 affs to get killed outright.

Thoughts? I think the timeframe/damage still needs some adjustments!

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Hey, while we're coming up with random and strange new ideas as possible alternatives:

- Rename anesthaesia to pain-transfer.

- Requires a certain level of empathy range (probably more on the offensive side, so you can't use it if you have been playing defensively or something along those lines) and when cast, will give a boost to empathy in the different direction. Alternatively, require a certain amount of aurawarp on the target.

- Requires a certain amount of afflictions tied into what the healer can give with some of his other abilities. Around 3-4 as a benchmark.

- Require an appropriate power cost.

- When cast on a target, target immediately gets -1/-13 to both universal resistance and h/m/e regen. This lasts for 10s, and then it switches to -2/-13 for both, and 10s again. Repeat for 130s, for the last 10s it should be -13/-13 to resistance and regen. Simultaneously, the healer himself has 1/13 to universal resistance and regen when cast, and every 10s it goes up to 2/13, 3/13 etc, so that the last 10s should be 13/13 to resistance and regen. Can't be active on more than one target at once, and a single target can't be affected by more than 1 healer doing pain-transfer on them at a time.

... On second thought, this might be usable for psymet. Hrm, if you guys don't take it up, I might make a report for this next month.

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Just make it disable diagnose 
  • Lerad said:
    - When cast on a target, target immediately gets -1/-13 to both universal resistance and h/m/e regen. This lasts for 10s, and then it switches to -2/-13 for both, and 10s again. Repeat for 130s, for the last 10s it should be -13/-13 to resistance and regen. Simultaneously, the healer himself has 1/13 to universal resistance and regen when cast, and every 10s it goes up to 2/13, 3/13 etc, so that the last 10s should be 13/13 to resistance and regen. Can't be active on more than one target at once, and a single target can't be affected by more than 1 healer doing pain-transfer on them at a time.

... On second thought, this might be usable for psymet. Hrm, if you guys don't take it up, I might make a report for this next month.
    Who gave Lerad the pipe?
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Just make it disable diagnose. That's hella powerful and useful.
  • I would advise against that, until an actual server-side curing is added. The current version uses diagnose, so disabling diagnose would either completely screw over new players or (if first aid was excepted) give everyone a route around it, making the affliction useless.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Sporadic diagnose denial ala stupidity is good, I think. 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Breandryn said:
    I would advise against that, until an actual server-side curing is added. The current version uses diagnose, so disabling diagnose would either completely screw over new players or (if first aid was excepted) give everyone a route around it, making the affliction useless.
    First aid isnt really a combat tool though.

Its a help newbies cure afflictions they don't know about thing really.

• edited September 2016
    It's the closest the game has to server side curing and appears to be billed as such. I use it currently while I am building my system. I used it in wildnodes, actually. I wouldn't say it's great - far from it - but it's not just a tool that's only used to learn cures. I think disabling the entire game-based curing is a very bad idea.

Diagnose also hits the same issue as reckless - hidden affs are one of those things which complex coding allows you to track far better. Disabling diagnose would be weak against strong people and OP against newbs. You don't want skills to swing so much in their potency.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Breandryn said:
    It's the closest the game has to server side curing and appears to be billed as such. I use it currently while I am building my system. I used it in wildnodes, actually. I wouldn't say it's great - far from it - but it's not just a tool that's only used to learn cures. I think disabling the entire game-based curing is a very bad idea.

Diagnose also hits the same issue as reckless - hidden affs are one of those things which complex coding allows you to track far better. Disabling diagnose would be weak against strong people and OP against newbs. You don't want skills to swing so much in their potency.
    There are free to the public systems available.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think the idea is that it would allow better affliction masking?
  • Building skill sets around currently existing 3rd party systems seems dangerous.

I am by no means advocating using first aid, but it is something that is in the game and given to players as a curing option. Disabling it seems wrong.

@luce - it would help masking, but strongly coded aff detection won't need to diagnose nearly as often, so the skill would be weak against strong systems.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Breandryn said:
    Building skill sets around currently existing 3rd party systems seems dangerous.

Firstaid has never been intended to be a PvP system, so why would we build skillsets around that?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • If it's not, then that's my mistake. It's presented as a work in progress. I still think you will see yoyo potency, though.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Breandryn said:
    If it's not, then that's my mistake. It's presented as a work in progress. I still think you will see yoyo potency, though.
    Its goal has always been to just be an aid for people who need help; there has been on-and-off discussion about making it a full-blown cure system some day, but that's never gone anywhere and doesn't really look likely.
  • Bump.

After thinking about healing, I am running into the same problems as before, and some new ones.

1) Will healing have something to stop mass cure spam? Most guilds are combo builds, will they ever work without sleep combos?  Auras mean you can get passive curing for things like aeon and ignore that aspect.

2) Can we make healing be STOPPABLE by something? Confusion, broken limbs, etc or have a delay to help work around?  This is to give some option to deal with them.

3) New issue. We are giving HEALING a KILL method.  Is this going to be an affliction we can cure in some way? How is this anticipated balanced?

I tried to look at this as fighting a healer as each major class:
    - Mage (Damage mainly at this point?)
    - Bard (Mostly combo with octave, stopped if passive curing or active curing could remove aurics)
    - Monk (Combo)
    - Guardian (Combo / Insta)
    - Warrior (Attrition, has potential to win if the healer doesn't walk away for awhile and doesnt use healing on wounds)
    - Wiccan (Combo)

Healers easily stop most of these. I mean if you try warrior insta, healers will likely remove any affs you would deal to make it happen. You need to basically pull out a lot of damage, as otherwise they can cure most hinders and be fine.

This is a healing specific problem, and one I do not see us actually fixing. 

This feels like a mistake because nothing is bring proposed to mitigate the "perfect wall" argument, while still neutering most guilds, AND now we want to let healers kill people.  Super confusing.