Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Finally there's a lull in the constant battles between Siam and Ssaliss. Only for Synkarin to accept one of Siam's older challenges. The two fly up and Synkarin spreads his arms to the side, sending out a storm of ice as he cries out "Icicle Fall!" Small shards of ice fly down towards Siam. Yet there's an enormous blind-spot in the pattern right in front of Synkarin. All Siam has to do is fly up right in front of Synkarin and unleash a blast of light that sends Synkarin flying towards the horizon.

Siam has won the spellcard duel
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Well. A little google-fu on these spell cards and I know who some of you are. 

So imma keep my spellcards to myself. 
  • Or is there?

I accept your challenge, Siam, and we duel for nothing at all! Hope you aren't tired yet, Thundering Carp Storm!!

Also hi all :)
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • After a brief remission where people regain their senses from a barrage of Siam/Ssaliss duels, Iosion steps forward with a sly, playful grin as Siam is reminded of one of his old challenges. The strain of participating in so many duels in such a short amount of time is evident on Siam's face, but he bites his tongue and powers through it all with a cheerful grin.

"Light Rains From The Heavens!" The clouds and sun once more work together to send scorching beams of light down upon Iosion. Iosion is well prepared though. Raising up a spellcard of their own, Iosion declares "Thundering Carp Storm". A band of pink energy lashes out from Iosion and into the clouds, where the two duelists begin to struggle for control over the weather. It's a close match, as Iosion and Siam both dodge the lightning bolts and sunbeams but eventually Iosion's mastery wins out over Siam's aggression. Assuming full control of the winds and rains, Iosion batters Siam about on the winds, before finishing the match with a decisive thunderbolt from above.

Iosion has won the spellcard duel
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • These are so fun to read @Kiradawea :smiley:
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Iosion said:
    These are so fun to read @Kiradawea :smiley:
    Aww. Thank y... wait. You're not just saying that cause you won, right? o:)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    No cooldowns? Alright.

I accept your challenge Siam! We duel for nothing! Dolls of Passion and Peace!
  • All right, I don't know all that much about Touhou, and I'll be holding off on the spellcard duels mostly for the sake of poor Kiradawea's typing fingers. But I'm with it and we'll see where this crazy clown car goes, and I'll wing flavor where I can!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I'm gonna hold off for today too I think. I'm interested in the mechanics so I'm glad we have examples to go by, but I'd like to have some element of surprise for when we are in duels with stakes.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Also, you specifically mentioned on-loss powers don't trigger but I'm assuming 'on-win' ones fail too for today, and this is just to give our yes-i-am and explore spellcard duels.
  • Poor Siam has barely finished shaking off all the soot from his last match before Luce is all up in his face with a delightful smirk. "Oh Siam. Remember when you challenged everyone earlier today? I'm here to cash in on that challenge." Poor Siam is forced back up into the air, where he tries to once more cause the sun to rain down beams of burning light on Luce.

He doesn't get the chance. Luce calls out his spellcard with a snap of his fingers causing two familiars, one ball glowing red and one glowing blue, to circle around Siam. These familiars leave behind glowing bullets that keep Siam from moving anywhere while constant barrages of red and blue bullets push Siam until he ends up caught between the stream of red and blue bullets. He ends up thrown between them like a ping pong ball before falling out of the sky and into the ruins of the Hakurei shrine, making the broken wreck somehow even more broken.

Luce has won the spellcard duel
  • Luce said:
    Also, you specifically mentioned on-loss powers don't trigger but I'm assuming 'on-win' ones fail too for today, and this is just to give our yes-i-am and explore spellcard duels.
    Yes.
    Interesting, so there are both on-win and on-loss conditions. What happens if both fire?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Siam, I forfeit. I don't feel like showing my hand, especially when everyone's likely just using up their lowest level spell cards.
    Also the +2 challenger point bonus always makes it better to be the one challenging than the one challenged, so I would be surprised to see a lot of aggressive duel initiations.
    Daraius said:
    *would not be surprised
    Daraius said:
  • I'm actually having trouble googling most of the spellcards we've seen so far. Checking the wiki on my character and cards it seems Kiradawea is using slightly different translations than what's up on the Touhou wiki. 

And there's so damn many of them I don't have the will power to trudge through the full list and find one with a similiar looking names.

Except Synkarin's his was easy to find. :D
  • I think I figured out 2 people, one of them being Synkarin. Poor Synkarin.
  • Also still deciding if I want to accept Ssaliss' challenge or not yet. I'd rather not reveal my hand until it's actually relevant.
  • Trust me, figuring out who someone is does not mean much. Everyone in this game has been a villian and a hero.

Also I Decline the challenge.

I am far too powerful and would only hurt you in the exhibition.
  • vote no lynch
  • I assume your forfeit is for both challenges? Cause both me and Siam challenged you...
  • Sylandra said:
    Also the +2 challenger point bonus always makes it better to be the one challenging than the one challenged, so I would be surprised to see a lot of aggressive duel initiations.
    True, but the challenged person will know what spell is being used against them, and if they've seen it before they have a better chance of picking a card with a type advantage or that's just stronger.

I'm pretty sure of the types of every card we've seen so far, aside from like 2.
  • Lehki said:
    Sylandra said:
    True, but the challenged person will know what spell is being used against them, and if they've seen it before they have a better chance of picking a card with a type advantage or that's just stronger.

I'm pretty sure of the types of every card we've seen so far, aside from like 2.
    At the same time, though, choosing the right card will only give you a +1 advantage over the challenger. So a challenger with a powerful card might still defeat you, even if you choose the right card.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm beginning to suspect I might be awesome. Anyway, if everyone else is good, I'm fine with Vote: No Lynch.
  • I know nothing about Touhou but it's my favourite style arcade game, so this should be interesting.

Let's see what happens.

@Siam, I accept! No bets! Sunspark!

Based on this picture, however, I suspect this game is going to be very very interesting.

http://www.shauntmax30.com/data/out/42/1314163-61-best-hd-touhou-wallpapers.jpg
  • Too bad it's not labeled with who's who...
  • Oh god why are "Incest Lust" and "Lolicon to" on that list. xD

@Siam just saying that challenging doesn't have a total advantage.

But let's test this out with an educated guess. I actually believe I'll lose this duel.

@Siam! I accept your challenge! Betting my pride! Esoteric Arcana!
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Trying to get a grasp on the theme.

In the intro blurb, we have a chimaera, fairies, a Celestial and flower demon mentioned. Are these all just different girls, or am I way off base?