Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Magical Girls that shoot lasers/streamers/scatters at each other, all because of various shrine-related grudges. I think.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Ushaara said:
    Trying to get a grasp on the theme.

In the intro blurb, we have a chimaera, fairies, a Celestial and flower demon mentioned. Are these all just different girls, or am I way off base?
    Yeah that's about right
  • Also I just realized I accept Siam's challenge instead of Ssaliss' ack.

Oh well uh...

@Ssaliss! I accept YOUR challenge now! Betting nothing because I have no pride left! Esoteric Arcana!
  • The people mentioned in the intro post are Nue, Cirno, Tenshi and Yuuka. They're all different characters that have appeared in the Touhou games. Nue is referred to because the Seed of Unknown Form, an ability of hers, is the justification for why everyone doesn't immediately know who the others are. Cirno is an ice fairy that likes to freeze frogs. Tenshi and Yuuka both destroyed the Hakurei shrine at some point in the past. Specifically Yuuka in the 4th game and Tenshi in the 10.5th game.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Wait 10.5th game? That's a thing?
    I mean, it's hard not to blow up stuff in situations like this:

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Lehki said:
    Wait 10.5th game? That's a thing?
    There is, apparently, also a 12th game. And a 12.3th game. And a 12.5th game. And a 12.8th game.

Yeah...
  • Ssaliss said:
    Lehki said:
    There is, apparently, also a 12th game. And a 12.3th game. And a 12.5th game. And a 12.8th game.

Yeah...

Nope it's okay I'm gonna roll with this. Google will provide me all the information I need.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • We return, live from the Hakurei shrine, where Siam is once more at the centre of attention. Brown spots of scorched grass have begun to appear all across the shrine grounds from Siam's constant use of his Light rains from the heavens spellcard. The temperature is high. Mystia tried to set up her food cart to get some business done, but was fled the coop when someone told her Yuyuko might be around. And Weiwae has just accepted Siam's open invitation to duel anyone.

The two fly up to the sky. On the ground, people open up their parasols or take cover under trees as everyone knows what to expect from Siam by now. What is not expected is Weiwae's opening move. His spellcard hovers between his outstretched palms before it begins to glow with a bright, yellow light. With a cry of "Sunspark!" he places the card in front of himself, releasing a wide angle beam of electric energy straight towards Siam. From his cocky smirk, it's clear that Weiwae expected a victory from this one brief exhibition of overwhelming power. But no such luck. When the light fades, Siam is nowhere to be found. Weiwae looks around in confusion, hoping to catch a glimpse of him. After some frantic looking, he manages to spot Siam's shadow. He manages to guess that Siam has hidden himself in the corona just in time for Siam to come charging down from above, smashing into Weiwae while riding a beam of brilliant sunlight.

Siam has won the spellcard duel against Weiwae

Almost as soon as the match is over, Lehki steps up and declares his intent to join a duel. He flies up, meeting Siam in midair. Only then does he realise that he forgot to specify that he didn't intend to fight Siam. Too little, too late. Siam redirects the beams of light down upon Lehki, and Lehki has to weave between the burning sunbeams all while she flings telekinetically controlled tarot cards that fan out to blanket the sky. Too bad for Lehki, but fire beats paper. The small paper cards end up catching on fire when they intersect with the sunbeams, nullifying Lehki's offense and allowing Siam to finish the fight with yet another sunbeam charge, just as he did to beat Weiwae.

Siam has won the spellcard duel against Lehki
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Siam is on a pretty terrible killstreak
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Siam OP
    Beginning to think I should adjust my signature to reflect this accordingly.
    Daraius said:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I didn't have any trouble~
  • Still shaking with adrenaline, Lehki chuckles and staggers over to Ssaliss, informing him that it was his challenge that Lehki initially intended to accept. After a few moments, they confirm that Lehki hasn't gotten anything worse than a few minor scratches from the previous fight. With that, the bell sounds.

"Hourai's Seven-Coloured Jewel!" Ssaliss calls out, conjuring up seven familiars that slowly spin around him in a clockwise pattern. Each familiar shoots a differently coloured laser at slightly different angles to keep Lehki off balance. All the while Ssaliss summons up constant barrages of smaller bullets. Lehki does his best to avoid the barrage of bullets, but the seven lasers do a good job protecting Ssaliss from Lehki's attacks. The few cards that do manage to make it past the lasers are easy enough to avoid, and it doesn't take long before Lehki makes the first mistake, tripping over himself before he tumbles into the green laser beam.

Ssaliss has won the spellcard duel
  • Lehki said:
    The main games get a full title. Gaiden games like the fighting games or the gimmick bullet-hell games are named as, in the instance of Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, 10.5 since it came out between the 10th and 11th game.
  • Ushaara said:

In the intro blurb, we have a chimaera, fairies, a Celestial and flower demon mentioned. Are these all just different girls, or am I way off base?
    Everything is a girl.
  • All those energy balls we shoot out? Yep. Small girls. Shiny, shiny small girls...
  • Othero said:
    Ushaara said:

Everything is a girl.
    Hey now. Not everything is a girl. There's... like... three guys at least!
    Kiradawea said:
    Othero said:
    Ushaara said:

Everything is a girl.
    Hey now. Not everything is a girl. There's... like... three guys at least!

Daraius said:
  • Jeeeezzz I just get home and there's 110 messages to catch up on. @Siam I forfeit the duel!

Sorry, I'm still trying to figure things out before I jump into the crazy. That and I have little to gain.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Sylandra said:

> No! NO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-wait, pre-Madoka or post-?
    (lol I saw Madoka forever ago BUT NO SPOILERS FOR EVERYONE ELSE)
    Daraius said:
  • First off, @Kiradawea your dedication to this is absolutely insane, and it's awesome. I hope things go smoothly so you can balance real stuff and the greatness that is this.

Now I must agree Vote: Lynch none
  • Tamashi said:
    First off, @Kiradawea your dedication to this is absolutely insane, and it's awesome. I hope things go smoothly so you can balance real stuff and the greatness that is this.

Now I must agree Vote: Lynch none
    Yep, let us get this party started.

Vote: No Lynch
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Sure let's move it along I guess.

Vote: No Lynch
  • Vote: No Lynch
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • vote: no lynch

won't be too active until Monday, but I'll be checking in in case any Mafia want to give themselves up :)

OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    K. Vote: no lynch.
    Daraius said:
  • While I don't really object to voting no lynch, I'll hold off for a day or two in case someone else wants to play with these duels.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Well, since we're close to ending the day, I suppose one more duel couldn't hurt. Plus, I want to see if I can end Mr. Hotshot's spectacular laser light show winning streak.

Siam, I accept your challenge with no wager. I play the Sutras of the Gate!

Once the duel concludes, I will vote: no lynch.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."