Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• Well I hope whoever you are knows that I will find you.
    They have a particular set of skills
  • If this is a power I don't think they'll get to know which card they're picking, if they do get to pick it. Maybe something like "force them to use spellcard 1"

Consider also maybe that this is just part of Cyndarin's character and she has to duel somebody every day, or after a certain number of duels happen. Gotta see if something like this happens again. And to who.
  • Vote: No Lynch

Also, if there are 22 people, shouldn't we only need 12 votes to lynch, not 13?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Huh, so we can use powers today, but can't wage any specific power-related duels today/last words. Iiiiinteresting.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • @CyndarinAscends why did you confirm it was a power use? Mod confirmation?
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    No mod confirmation plz. I don't want to see anymore angry ragequits over disliking a mod's stepping in.

We just have to decide if we trust Cyndarin or not. As for me, I trust Cyndarin at this moment in time. She has no reason to fake an initiation and we clearly didn't see her choose to challenge her opponent. So.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I'd just like to see if it's a mod event or a power. Could be a common occurrence throughout the game? 

OMG Kira is a Touhou player irl and she selects two random characters to battle. We're just pixelated Magical Girls trying to figure out shit out and can't control ourselves when a "god" demands we battle. (I feel like Ushaara right now.)
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
    Eh, I highly doubt Kira would throw in a random event element like that without informing us ahead of time of it being a possibility. Doing that is usually considered bastard modding.

But I guess if we had to confirm anything, might as well be this: @Kiradawea, can you confirm you aren't going to throw in random mod-driven events without first telling us it's a possibility?
    Daraius said:
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @CyndarinAscends! I accept your challenge! We wager Vira plushies! Fortune favours the bold! 

also, yay, new signature!

Siam OP

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Sylandra said:
    Kiradawea said:
    Othero said:
    Ushaara said:
    Trying to get a grasp on the theme.

In the intro blurb, we have a chimaera, fairies, a Celestial and flower demon mentioned. Are these all just different girls, or am I way off base?
    Everything is a girl.
    Hey now. Not everything is a girl. There's... like... three guys at least!

Too soon, @Sylandra. Too soon.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Also, I will vote: no lynch.

#bringShikariback 

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'm hoping Flandre Scarlet makes an appearance in this game, simply because she's the one character from Touhou whose name I know. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    While we're on the subject of Cyndarin's strange possession, I am pretty sure this means someone finds Cyndarin a threat. Which makes sense, she's a really good player. What's turning through my head though is who has more to gain from showing their hand on the first day and pushing someone to reveal a card: town, or mafia?

We probably won't solve that right now, but something to keep in mind later when we get more information. It's good to be aware of just who has this kind of ability, so we know how concerned we should be about it going forward.
    Daraius said:
    (Also - this was done likely by private message. None of the posts between Kira's Cyndarin challenge and the last post she made gives us anything to indicate a power being quietly set off, from my reading. Which means there might be other sneaky day abilities!)
    Daraius said:
  • From what I understand, Cyndarin didn't actually write the challenge, so it probably was some power used. I've yet to play with you lot so I can't tell much beyond that. I also agree that I doubt Kiradawea just tossed in a random event.
  • Odds are that it's some skill that forces one person to challenge another. Siam's challenged everyone, so someone probably slipped that in, without fully realizing how it worked.

Alternatively, Siam has a power which makes anyone he challenges accept his challenge.
  • Iosion said:
    Vote: cherry tree
    this guy. this guy knows what's up.

and this game is already crazy. I too will forfeit the challenges by...anyone who challenged me so far. there's a lot of information already about Siam's spellcards and I'm hesitant to let someone figure out mine based on his. 

anyone have any pressing reasons to draw the day out? asides from spellcard shenanigans, I guess. will avoid voting for now just in case there's something I don't see.
    Breandryn said:
    Alternatively, Siam has a power which makes anyone he challenges accept his challenge.
    Whatever it is, it's not that. Too many people have forfeited successfully. I guess I didn't officially bold my forfeit but hey look I did it now.

It is possible he could do it once, I suppose! But I doubt it's an automatic boomerang or a lot more duels would be happening.
    Daraius said:
  • Having the power to make it so nobody could turn you down, would be a bit strong. Thinking about it, I feel what we're seeing is a neutral thing, especially looking forward with the wager system.
  • Sorry, with the suggestion, I meant a single-use-per-day ability to make one challenge be accepted. This is all speculation, though! I have never heard of an artifact, in all my research, that would do something like that!
    Gotcha. Speculating is all we can do really at this point! Except voting to move to the night phase. :blush: I've pretty much commented on everything I feel is worth commenting, tbh. I'm ready to face the unknown hours of night if y'all are.
    Daraius said:
  • Yes, I agree that I think we've learned what we can from these duels. 

I will also Vote: No Lynch
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Before the day ends, I'd simply like to point out that with all of the spellcard reveals that have already taken place, I am inclined to believe there are at least a few Buddhists present. It may be prudent to pay attention to any emerging Taoists in kind, and whether or not there is a Moriya Shrine contingency. The presence of singular individuals might not mean much, but it may be significant if we can discern any minor factions at play.

Intentions are going to be rather difficult to read at this stage of the game, but if we start seeing patterns of who might be maneuvering against who, and under what motivations, that would be a solid start.

Also, please mind what is left of the shrine while dueling. We don't need to create more work than necessary.

How do you know which character is which type (Buddhist, Taoist, etc)? My PM didn't mention any of those alignments.
    Daraius said:
    I would strongly recommend just using the wiki, in that regard.

Example: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Buddhism

There may be gaps and minor connections missing, but those relevant to the core game where that group emerged are typically listed. Mamizou, for instance, was called specifically to aid the Myouren Temple. This is due to Mamizou being a Youkai, however, and the friendliness between them and the Buddhists.

That said, I believe we are at 12 votes now, and I am comfortable with adding mine in if we are ready to move forward.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    The only thing (I think) we're waiting on is for a response to Cyndarin's random challenge. I'm fine with moving ahead, personally.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    I expect Cyndarin and Siam's challenge will finalise either way, so!

Vote: No Lynch

• Vivet said:
    I would strongly recommend just using the wiki, in that regard.

Example: https://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Buddhism

There may be gaps and minor connections missing, but those relevant to the core game where that group emerged are typically listed. Mamizou, for instance, was called specifically to aid the Myouren Temple. This is due to Mamizou being a Youkai, however, and the friendliness between them and the Buddhists.

That is a really interesting thing to point out. Does your role talk about the faction split at all?
    @Othero It's more just open contemplation. Roles can come from all points in the series, but if a good cluster or majority of characters are from recent game entries, then it is likely that the Buddhist/Taoist divide will somehow play into the scene. We'll see how things unfold.