Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Gaudiguch was actually pacified by Celest using airborne hallucinogens or something if I remember correctly

Keep in mind that traditionally mortal cities were founded by core race or group of races. Each race had its own culture that would have initially been based on the philosophy of the Elder God that sharded into the race and then developed over thousands of years. It is no coincidence that Celest, a city of merians, has a nautical theme or that Hallifax, a city of trill and lucidian, is a flying city of crystal spires. Even in real life there are many examples of empires crumbling because of cultural differences between the ruling elite and the peasantry. In my opinion it is very Celest-centric and naive to believe that the cities wanted to be ruled by a Celestian emperor.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Eldanien said:
    Sylandra said:
    Ah, yes, the good old days of Celestian imperialism. I always wonder if other orgs should resent Celest for its previous incarnation's empire.
    The entirety of the Basin was the Celestian empire.  Being anti-Celestian is a bit like... if a thousand years from now, Texas, California, New York and Illinois are their own countries, and they blame the USA for World War 3.

Bizarre as that notion sounds to me, it makes for some great conflict, which is basically fuel for story.  I'm of the opinion that every org's relationship should be strained at best vis a vis other orgs.  But blaming New Celest for Old Celest (which EVERYONE was a part of) has always struck me as thin logic washed over with a lot of pain and anger.

so much edit: In other words, it doesn't make sense for them to do so.  But at the same time, how can they not?  The Basin is effectively post-apocalyptic^3 and someone has to take the blame.  Since it's good for the setting, yes, they should blame New Celest.
    What Twytch said, and also the fact that Rowena of Gloriana attempted to point out what a Bad Idea Project Cosmic Hope was, but was ignored. So yes, we can blame Celest and its Empire :)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• You can blame Old Celest, certainly. There is grounds for that all over. But blaming New Celest becomes shakier; they're definitely more gray, so it leaves me sort of miffed when people describe New Celest as wholly evil.

• New Celest is totally evil, Bleuu is trying to trap people into marriage. She even has an elaborate matchmaking scheme. Soon the whole basin will be subject to never ending nagging and the argument of "What should we eat?"
    Your numbers today are:
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Maligorn said:
    You can blame Old Celest, certainly. There is grounds for that all over. But blaming New Celest becomes shakier; they're definitely more gray, so it leaves me sort of miffed when people describe New Celest as wholly evil.
    What's great about Lusternia is both interpretations of New Celest are equally valid: resenting New Celest for the sins of its past, or being willing to trust them for who they've become since.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Kilee said:
    New Celest is totally evil, Bleuu is trying to trap people into marriage. She even has an elaborate matchmaking scheme. Soon the whole basin will be subject to never ending nagging and the argument of "What should we eat?"
    Or worse: what do you want to do?

edited September 2016

Before an earthly flight

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rancoura said:

How mysterious.
    I thought better of it.  o:)

Before an earthly flight

<3 

Before an earthly flight

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    ...did you just link Frankie Stein to the forums?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    edited September 2016
    ...Maybe? I am horrible at finding gifs. And I thought her look was appropriate to the situation >.>

Before an earthly flight

Sorry, I have a 13 year old. It's ok :D
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Looks at cartel
    Looks at notepad
    Look at HELP TRADEMASTERS
    Cries a little
    Figures this out slowly

I got this
    Your numbers today are:
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    There's a guide!
  • 10400h|100%, 12420m|100%, 12420e|100%, 10p exksSi - spider [nil]  
    One of a gaseous cloier's smaller balloons comes forward and shrinks suddenly, releasing 
    streams of scalding gas that burn the flesh from your body.
    The force field around you flares, absorbing all damage.
    10400h|100%, 12420m|100%, 79e|0%, 10p exksSi - spider [nil] 

Ow
  • Lavinya said:
    Today I learned that my figurine with 250k esteem is small fry.
    I thought 100k was a lot. :(
    Boo.
    Kilee said:
    Looks at cartel
    Looks at notepad
    Look at HELP TRADEMASTERS
    Cries a little
    Figures this out slowly

I got this
    You're friends with a Shaddus alt, ask him or her how to do it.
  • <3 I think I have it! It's just I can't focus on ONE thing to finish I have about 7 things half done, the comms done for 3 of them but just missing details and drop lines from all of them .-.
    Your numbers today are:
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited September 2016
    Raids Continuum
    Twytch comes in
    Twytch leaves
    Kills everything

For a guy who is 'always willing to fight against the odds' you sure do keep contradicting yourself @Twytch

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited September 2016
    Wassup wassup! I don't mind fighting other people, but doing anything with you often results in me being called names. There is absolutely 0 fun playing with you.

PS: It's the last month of the IG year in Imperian and I gotta get my yeti pelts before the turnover. Later!
    See you in Sapience.
    Sounds like someone is a little salty he's getting a taste of his own medicine :)

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Sure, but there are tons of other stuff to do, and CONFIG LOYALSAYS OFF is a nifty perk.  :)
    See you in Sapience.
    Twytch said:
    Sure, but there are tons of other stuff to do, and CONFIG LOYALSAYS OFF is a nifty perk.  :)
    If only that were true - had Yarith been paying attention, I'd bet 1000 credits you'd have stayed and fought. I'm sure you'll deny it, but previous actions don't back that up.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited September 2016
    Twytch said:
    There is absolutely 0 fun playing with you.
    I... don't even know what to say in response to this.

Picture me staring blankly at the screen, mouth agape, blinking in astonishment.
  • edited September 2016
    Xenthos said:
    Twytch said:

Picture me staring blankly at the screen, mouth agape, blinking in astonishment.
    That's just my personal opinion. Am I allowed that? I'm not sure anymore. 

Synkarin said:
    Twytch said:
    Sure, but there are tons of other stuff to do, and CONFIG LOYALSAYS OFF is a nifty perk.  :)
    If only that were true - had Yarith been paying attention, I'd bet 1000 credits you'd have stayed and fought. I'm sure you'll deny it, but previous actions don't back that up.
    I definitely would have, since if Yarith had been paying attention my duties would simply have been aeonfield;aeon;asthma;web. Pretty simple to do while having Mudlet window-split!

EDIT: Incidentally, that was pretty much how the first half of the Rikenfriez revolt went down. Aeonmonkey in Lusternia, team free-for-all in Imperian.  B)
    See you in Sapience.
    Twytch said:
    Xenthos said:
    Twytch said:

Do... do you really have the impression that there is more than "0 fun" in playing with you when you're the one raiding (especially with, as you say in your own post, doing nothing but aeonfield/aeon/asthma/web)?

I just don't get it.
  • Xenthos said:
    Twytch said:
    Xenthos said:
    Twytch said:

Do... do you really have the impression that there is more than "0 fun" in playing with you when you're the one raiding (especially with, as you say in your own post, doing nothing but aeonfield/aeon/asthma/web)?

I just don't get it.
    Ummm... Synkarin was raiding Continuum.
    See you in Sapience.
    Twytch said:
    Xenthos said:
    Twytch said:
    Xenthos said:
    Twytch said:

I just don't get it.
    Ummm... Synkarin was raiding Continuum.
    Which is the reverse image of what you do.  Yet, when you raid, you say things like "He's not the bad guy for sending tells, he just wants defenders to defend" (paraphrasing your own words).

Like I said, I'm completely at a loss.  And you don't even seem to recognize the mirror right in front of your face.

Let me lay this out explicitly for you so it's more clear:
    1) Twytch & Co raid.  Some of them send taunting tells to defenders, some of them justify taunting tells as being appropriate-- despite the defenders having other things they'd much rather be doing (and, in some cases, leaving to actually do them).
    2) They are not fun to deal with, and have been told this multiple times, but do not care.
    3) Twytch's organization gets raided.  Twytch's response: "It is no fun to play with you so I won't, and you have no right to taunt me back because I had other things to do".

Does this help clarify why I am so confused?  Because... yeah.  What?
This discussion has been closed.