Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• BTW, if you want a full infodump on the challenges (challenger, defender, their spellcards, and result), let me know and I'll make a larger post!
  • Luce said:
    Melali said:
    Do we have any clues as to who to lynch today? The two main people I see are Siam, because of the newspaper thing, and Ileein, because he was blocked last night and we have had no killing. It would be a fantastic coincidence, but it is possible.

Anyway, we don't know anything for sure, but @Ileein and @Siam are more suspicious than everyone else, at least in my opinion.
    Don't want to let this slip by without comment. We seem to be agreeing that the newspaper thing is a less-than-informed opinion, and feels like it was either an investigator's revealing Siam's rolename, or fluff of some kind doing the same (Though I'm not sure which one girl's the shrine maiden.). Ileein being blocked and no one dying might be coincidence or it might not be, but we can easily just block again to confirm.

Yeah, as has been mentioned, this doesn't work, both because if I were Mafia another Mafioso could simply pull off the kill, and because (since I am not) the Mafia can simply not kill tomorrow night in order to continue making me look suspicious. There's twenty-two people, and twenty-two powers, floating around; it's equally likely that there's another roleblocker of some sort out there who blocked the Mafia, or that the Mafia targeted someone who is night-immune for some reason, or some other power was in effect that prevented a kill.

Regarding my presence here in Gensokyo, I came here of my own volition, but (like everyone else) am currently stuck here until this situation is resolved!
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • And incidentally, based on my flavor, I think it's extremely unlikely that any of the outlanders are Mafia. This does not rule out one or more of us being third-party (in fact, I think that's quite likely), but we don't really have the deep links to other parties here in Gensokyo necessary to engage in that sort of shenanigans.
  • I would have found any theory proposing the outsiders were Mafia unlikely, given they outed themselves pretty quickly.

Now...if anyone is a cherry tree...that's a different story
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Multiple people have approached me, expressing confusion as to how the stumping ruleset actually works, so I'm here to clarify how the stumping mechanic works.

When someone is eliminated by any method, they are turned into a "stump". A stump counts as dead for all intents and purposes, but they are still able to communicate as they did before.
    A stumped character will NOT flip their character sheet. Their alignment will remain hidden to enable further play.
    Alignments and sheets are only flipped if someone has decisively won or lost.
    Stumped individuals retain their win condition and still win if the side they are on before they were stumped wins.

That should be all.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • @Kiradawea could a cop still look at somebody after they've been stumped to determine their alignment?
  • Only if they were also a coroner.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • After catching up, I will cast one more stone here. We had a census showing 3 otherworlders. I will add that I am someone not native to Gensokyo, making 4 claimed so far. And I actually asked Kira to make sure.

I don't want to put too much emphasis on flavour so far since it looks like people who know wtf Touhou is says that every character could be mafia or town but I wanted to bring this up for 4 reasons: either the census is wrong, someone is misinterpreting what 'not native to Gensokyo' means, someone is grossly misunderstanding their role's flavour, or someone is lying out of @Yarith, @Ileein, @Lehki.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Hrm...okay, @Lavinya, I'll see if I can show off myself. I weave an echo shield around myself! Tamashi, I accept your challenge! We duel for exhibition! Sutras of the Gate!
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Given that people don't flip on lynch, I think we might have an arguement for no-lynch today. Ileein is worth might be worth an investigation because of the roleblock + no death, but there's enough other explanations for the lack of death that it's not damning.

Kalaneya said:
    After catching up, I will cast one more stone here. We had a census showing 3 otherworlders. I will add that I am someone not native to Gensokyo, making 4 claimed so far. And I actually asked Kira to make sure.

I don't want to put too much emphasis on flavour so far since it looks like people who know wtf Touhou is says that every character could be mafia or town but I wanted to bring this up for 4 reasons: either the census is wrong, someone is misinterpreting what 'not native to Gensokyo' means, someone is grossly misunderstanding their role's flavour, or someone is lying out of @Yarith, @Ileein, @Lehki.
    Oooh, interesting. I'm pretty confident that I'm "not native" given my role PM and reading about my character on the wiki.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Especially when we consider that we won't get much more information from a lynch as a no-lynch, that might not be a bad move.
    I may just be missing it because I am on my phone and just woke up a little while ago, but where did Kira say we wouldn't have some reveal on death? After how unpopular the coroner was in Pokemon, I doubt she'd try and include it.

• A few posts above:

A stumped character will NOT flip their character sheet. Their alignment will remain hidden to enable further play.

• Lehki said:
    Given that people don't flip on lynch, I think we might have an arguement for no-lynch today. Ileein is worth might be worth an investigation because of the roleblock + no death, but there's enough other explanations for the lack of death that it's not damning.

Kalaneya said:
    After catching up, I will cast one more stone here. We had a census showing 3 otherworlders. I will add that I am someone not native to Gensokyo, making 4 claimed so far. And I actually asked Kira to make sure.

Oooh, interesting. I'm pretty confident that I'm "not native" given my role PM and reading about my character on the wiki.
    I was explicitly told in my role pm that I am not native, so maybe that's something people can double check. I am also happy to be investigated, as the just have nothing to hide.
    I don't know how I completely missed that, I was looking at her pay from the last page. Thanks, Ssaliss! 

• So, I'm heading off to bed soon, but before I do I wanted to toss out a couple more challenges. I changed it around a bit, though, and narrowed the field down to the six magical girls that have never been part of a duel (I also counted forfeits as "being part of a duel", and ignored all of Siam's unresolved challenges). This brought the list down to Melali, Ushaara, Krackenor, Ileein, Falmiis and Breandryn (and I hope I didn't miss someone somewhere). I also limited it to two challenges (both of which the RNG chose to be with the same card). So, without further ado:

@Falmiis! I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem!
    @Breandryn! I challenge you to a duel! Sacrificial Stratagem!

Also, to head off some questions:

Yes, I gain something from winning duels. However, they (obviously) have to have a bet attached; me gaining something from a completely risk-free duel is... yeah. This, of course, means that the vast majority of duels (and, in fact, every single one where I was defending) has essentially been for zero gain.

That being said, I won't go into any details about what I gain or how I gain it; all I will say is that it will benefit town, and it is not tied to my win condition (which is winning with town).

Well, unless Shenanigans happens again *shakefist Chimaera-mafia*
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Well, in that skein. 

@Melali! I challenge you to a duel! Dolls of Passion and Peace!
  • Hrm. I might've accidentallied the names there... Re-reading day zero, it appears Melali was the one who forfeited, not Lavinya. Sorry Melali!
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    If someone wanted to post a big list of all the battles so far with the 'challenger' 'their card' 'challengee' 'their card' 'outcome' that'd be awesome, maybe in an accessible google doc where it's easily accessible. It's all readily available info, so would be nice to just make it easily accessible.

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Sure, I'd been keeping track
  • Fine.

Luce, I accept your challenge and wager Nothing! Tango for Two!
  • I responded to a duel first round. I forfeit again this round.

Also, I believe I am from (or have been to) a place called "the real world" according to my own research. My results also strongly indicate that I'm not a girl, either.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a tree, though.
  • @Ssaliss duel challenges are invalid. His card is on cooldown
  • Alright, let's see how all of this works.

Ssaliss, I accept your challenge. We fight for Spellcards. Creation sign: Almighty!
    While I still accept my random Tamashi challenge, it looks like I misunderstood my echo shield. I won't be able to use it again until Night. So no cheating for me. :(

• Tamashi challenges Tremula
    After the savage intensity of the duel between Vivet and Ssaliss, it seems people have calmed down a bit as the next challenge doesn't have a stake at all. Tamashi and Tremula both present their cards. Tremula draws her in a smooth motion, sending out her familiars. Tamashi's movements are a bit more jerky. As he raises his hand to the sky, the card flies out of his grasp and into the firmament where it splits into a cascade of tiny glowing bullets that drift down like raining stars. These haphazard bullets get steadily denser, forcing Tremula to shift her body around to constantly look for new angles to attack Tamashi. But the density of bullets soon overwhelm her, forcing her back to the ground.

Tamashi has won the challenge.

Luce challenges Melali
    While Tamashi makes it rain bullets, Luce casually swaggers over to Melali and prompts them for a duel. Melali accepts and before Tamashi can land, the two are up in the sky, facing one another. Both of them has a somewhat cocky grin, though Melali is by far the cockiest as she casually beckons for Luce to go first. An opportunity he's more than happy to seize. His red and blue familiars spread out and circle them, keeping Melali on her toes as she grazes the bullets like a pro. All the while she moves closer to Luce, and once close enough she extends a fist straight out, punching bullets towards Luce. Some aimed towards him, but most scatter around him to lock his movement down and force him closer. A sound strategy, but there's a level of power where strategy just won't work. As Melali forces him closer, Luce increases the intensity of his bullets, forcing Melali back on the defense for long enough to secure a stream of red bullets that stab Melali in the back, knocking the air out of her lungs.

Luce has won the challenge.
  • Breandryn said:
    I responded to a duel first round. I forfeit again this round.

Also, I believe I am from (or have been to) a place called "the real world" according to my own research. My results also strongly indicate that I'm not a girl, either.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a tree, though.
    That's -exactly- what a tree wood say.
  • Teehee
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I think you mean 'Treehee'.
  • To reiterate since I saw Falmiis accept the challenge. @Falmiis @Breandryn the challenge Ssaliss made against both of you is invalid. Your responses are thus also not counted.