Simple Ideas

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Behold, the ultimate gold sink idea:

For a reasonable gold cost, allow nations/guilds to purchase tiered exp buffs with xyz duration for members.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Twytch said:
    Do we have a separate demigod power idea thread?

But here's one:

Demigod Flight - 10,000,000 essence to buy
    Basic flight. I'm a demigod, damn it, I should be able to whiz around. Have it cost something like 1,000 essence to FLY.
    It's an ascendant power.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Also a goop only artifact would be nice.
  • edited September 2016
    Pendant of Vitality springs to mind.
    Edit: Kiakoda's map, Beastmaster's pendant?
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    Pendant of Vitality springs to mind.
    Edit: Kiakoda's map, Beastmaster's pendant?
    Yep, it's just a pain to go through the list. You need to look at each item individually to figure out if it's goop only. Even a little * would help to just make life easier.
  • Neftarys said:
    Make it possible to empower scale jackets and chainmail shirts as Masterarmour, given that both are otherwise equal to plate in terms of function.
     I would very much like this as well.
  • Laurels are very nice, but sometimes I need to know if a person is enemied to city/order/guild/guildorg. Can that be visible, please?

• Can you not just do order enemies, guild enemies?
  • Enemies of the Grand Empire of Hallifax:
    Kanom, Svana, Daevos, Saeran, Liang, Naftali, Ulviistra, Khait, Katashi, Ellanora, Ryagan, Nidra,
    Tlarras, Kundu, Elana, Bridget, Glint, Layne, Margus, Svend, Druken, Romero, Kilbis, Scuchidira,
    Korimbu, Ayrna, Malarious, Azoth, Johan, Daedroth, Lothringen, Narsrim, Incabulos, Tralen, Ruiku,
    Gerax, Asad, Maekarn, Winnae, Elyse, Yukio, Mieari, Savitar, Nihta, Chalcedony, Meir, Aliod, Ione,
    Wigberht, Marcella, Lysandus, Egran, Tynghall, Dvurkha, Aleria, Selna, Eodh, Kirai, Sivali, Detho,
    Mikabi, Wryn, Dys, Anyania, Gesliove, Reisa, Cyndarin, Ardmore, Meshora, Alger, Wyle, Adrienne,
    Caerulo, Relk, Sipelus, Boden, Shuyin, Pruxi, Vadi, Veyrzhul, Pesukaru, Narynth, Exeryte, Viynain,
    Elodres, Unitos, Inagin, Nydekion, Placeus, Laranda, Rayen, Jelaludin, Xydral, Kinson, Scanlan,
    Amanda, Desitrus, Cru, Nerra, Dahlla, Herla, Samyaza, Nataely, Krellan, Anisu, Nilofer, Rolsand,
    Tarielenwe, Inali, Reimi, Esoneyuna, Avianca, Augent, Vuris, Zok, Alys, Kolibri, Rolan, Tetra,
    Nienla, Filosoof, Kayaldiyah, Isael, Regnilolo, Shakaya, Jarael, Mutibil, Takami, Yolei, Dak,
    Valeska, Shikha, Munsia, Ziann, Veyda, Liok, Serati, Toracu, Tanaros, Eritheyl, Naia, Hanako, Ollie,
    Milune, Tandrin, Chade, Lach, Vermilla, Crek, Jozen, Near, Terqic, Nayl, Orti, Rastamutti, Morshoth,
    Taria, Aiyana, Hourik, Silvanus, Shyiss, Kallem, Kroo, Eltorinus, Persayis, Leolamins, Marluxia,
    Alary, Trisri, Themius, Gidget, Seraku, Cauthorn, Geshon, Daedalion, Thoros, Gertrude, Gijon, Kio,
    Cocidius, Karlach, Delandes, Feyda, Vladimere, Kaina, Tesla, Delphas, Steingrim, Akyaevin, Adrelynne,
    Hiriako, Tirah, Naaliis, Camberre, Belibi, Farlaris, Synkarin, Arcanis, Alik, Lynnie, Eph, Dinae,
    Baelfyre, Maladaari, Azaghal, Lataisha, Sabeloth, Kierstin, Rawth, Talan, Xaldrin, Vitani, Minase,
    Leland, Stratas, Xanward, Kregarn, Averice, Blaeke, Calesta, Niico, Tarkenton, Dylara, Salome,
    Rancoura, Versalean, Cen, Deekan, Paxhos, Tarkon, Feoragan, Kraw, Lerad, Naecia, Athree, Eolae,
    Gwaed
    Total: 237

yes, I can, and I can easily make a highlight for my target, target them and look for the highlight or lack thereof in this list, but...it should just be visible in honours for a quick look.

• Maligorn said:
    Enemies of the Grand Empire of Hallifax:
    Kanom, Svana, Daevos, Saeran, Liang, Naftali, Ulviistra, Khait, Katashi, Ellanora, Ryagan, Nidra,
    Tlarras, Kundu, Elana, Bridget, Glint, Layne, Margus, Svend, Druken, Romero, Kilbis, Scuchidira,
    Korimbu, Ayrna, Malarious, Azoth, Johan, Daedroth, Lothringen, Narsrim, Incabulos, Tralen, Ruiku,
    Gerax, Asad, Maekarn, Winnae, Elyse, Yukio, Mieari, Savitar, Nihta, Chalcedony, Meir, Aliod, Ione,
    Wigberht, Marcella, Lysandus, Egran, Tynghall, Dvurkha, Aleria, Selna, Eodh, Kirai, Sivali, Detho,
    Mikabi, Wryn, Dys, Anyania, Gesliove, Reisa, Cyndarin, Ardmore, Meshora, Alger, Wyle, Adrienne,
    Caerulo, Relk, Sipelus, Boden, Shuyin, Pruxi, Vadi, Veyrzhul, Pesukaru, Narynth, Exeryte, Viynain,
    Elodres, Unitos, Inagin, Nydekion, Placeus, Laranda, Rayen, Jelaludin, Xydral, Kinson, Scanlan,
    Amanda, Desitrus, Cru, Nerra, Dahlla, Herla, Samyaza, Nataely, Krellan, Anisu, Nilofer, Rolsand,
    Tarielenwe, Inali, Reimi, Esoneyuna, Avianca, Augent, Vuris, Zok, Alys, Kolibri, Rolan, Tetra,
    Nienla, Filosoof, Kayaldiyah, Isael, Regnilolo, Shakaya, Jarael, Mutibil, Takami, Yolei, Dak,
    Valeska, Shikha, Munsia, Ziann, Veyda, Liok, Serati, Toracu, Tanaros, Eritheyl, Naia, Hanako, Ollie,
    Milune, Tandrin, Chade, Lach, Vermilla, Crek, Jozen, Near, Terqic, Nayl, Orti, Rastamutti, Morshoth,
    Taria, Aiyana, Hourik, Silvanus, Shyiss, Kallem, Kroo, Eltorinus, Persayis, Leolamins, Marluxia,
    Alary, Trisri, Themius, Gidget, Seraku, Cauthorn, Geshon, Daedalion, Thoros, Gertrude, Gijon, Kio,
    Cocidius, Karlach, Delandes, Feyda, Vladimere, Kaina, Tesla, Delphas, Steingrim, Akyaevin, Adrelynne,
    Hiriako, Tirah, Naaliis, Camberre, Belibi, Farlaris, Synkarin, Arcanis, Alik, Lynnie, Eph, Dinae,
    Baelfyre, Maladaari, Azaghal, Lataisha, Sabeloth, Kierstin, Rawth, Talan, Xaldrin, Vitani, Minase,
    Leland, Stratas, Xanward, Kregarn, Averice, Blaeke, Calesta, Niico, Tarkenton, Dylara, Salome,
    Rancoura, Versalean, Cen, Deekan, Paxhos, Tarkon, Feoragan, Kraw, Lerad, Naecia, Athree, Eolae,
    Gwaed
    Total: 237

yes, I can, and I can easily make a highlight for my target, target them and look for the highlight or lack thereof in this list, but...it should just be visible in honours for a quick look.
    Do you use mudlet? There is the little search tool in the bottom right. It'll save you having to make any triggers and do the job for you.
  • His point isn't that it can't be done, but there's no reason why it should be so difficult to do.
  • Yeah, though personally I'd kinda prefer if we had a command to check. 

Like, DIPLOMACY <person>, usable from anywhere and by anyone, it prints out a list of the persons enemy statuses that you would be able to see on honours and, maybe, the reasons for them. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Falmiis said:
    His point isn't that it can't be done, but there's no reason why it should be so difficult to do.
    ... is typing "COMMUNE ENEMIES FALMIIS" really that difficult?

I use the search parameter of the list all the time, it will give you a result of anyone who is a string-match for what you pass in.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Yeah, enemy lists are searchable and easy with tab complete

unless it's Malikai and Maligorn :angry:

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • The other IREs have the diplomacy or enemystatus commands, where you can see someone's enemy status to an org, the reason they were enemied, the duration, the fine, notes about it. It's very useful.
    (Tip: Lusternia does, too.)
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    I love that Schuchidira is enemied.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Sheez. Xenthos and Sidd, put the backhanded insults away. It's just an idea. Also, I didn't know you could city enemies <person>.

• edited September 2016
    Xenthos said:
    (Tip: Lusternia does, too.)
    I wasn't aware. I was just saying it exists in other games, since he was bringing it up as an idea and the examples being given had to do with parsing enemy lists.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    edited September 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Sheez. Xenthos and Sidd, put the backhanded insults away. It's just an idea. Also, I didn't know you could city enemies <person>.
    It wasn't a backhanded insult - at least not from me.

I was just saying that tab complete makes it harder when names are similar which happened during Shanthmark when I kept targetting Malikai instead of you.

Stop taking it so personally

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2016
    Clearly I need to take it personally that so many people have Mal names.

edit: full disclosure: I've targeted myself instead of Malarious before while also having masochism.

Yeah, I also am not seeing where you're getting backhanded insults from.  It is a serious question, and got the answer "I didn't know" (which is valid).  Now you do!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    You really thought that was the best way to phrase your serious question? Not "Hey, can't you just..." or "You can always use..." but straight into that?
    Sure, why not?  I do not personally think it is a difficult thing to do; certainly easier than coding something, as it is already built right in.  I think it was in place before I even started playing.
  • " ... is typing "COMMUNE ENEMIES FALMIIS" really that difficult?"

^^^ There is no need for that since nobody had even brought that up.
    Falmiis said:
    " ... is typing "COMMUNE ENEMIES FALMIIS" really that difficult?"

^^^ There is no need for that since nobody had even brought that up.
    Are you sure?  I look back and I literally see someone copy/pasting the output from that command, just without the third parameter, then someone else saying it was difficult to parse it... when there's already built-in parsing.  Really looks like it was brought up to me.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    The idea that there was an optional parameter to limit results wasn't really brought up or suggested. Maligorn posted the full output and didn't know the parameter could be used, Veyils pointed out Mudlet's built-in search/highlighting, Falmiis made his comment (and also didn't know before this thread about the optional parameter), Saran suggested an expansion/loosening of the DIPLOMACY command, then you posted that.

That is the entirety of the exchanges between the posting of the output and your post, inclusive. You may have meant it to be an innocent suggestion or query, but it came off as an implication that the peasants were complaining about having to use a tool they didn't know they had. You have now been called out on that. Mea culpa and be done with it.