Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• I'm gonna have so much stuff to work through when I wake up right? Right. Night all. Gonna be about 8 hours until I can do spellcards again.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Night Kira, and also his name is unimportant, because he's not an outsider like he claimed to be, simply put.
  • Okay yeah calling bullshit here.

Vote: Tamashi
  • Seriously. Unvote. Vote:Tamashi
  • Also I never ever claimed to be an outsider.
  • Unvote. Vote: Tamashi.

Withholding majority-requested info is bad news bears, young man.
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • You can vote for me all you want, I have my limitations too, not to mention me wanting to keep some things to myself, isn't actually suspicious. What is suspicious, is how in tandem the two of you are. Never once to argue with the other, and leaning on the other for support this entire time. I had an odd feeling about @Othero before the duel, even more during the duel, and learning more after the duel. Despite all this, you're not big enough for me to care to lynch, the arrogance and cockiness that radiates from you is unwelcome near such a hermit.
  • And if you do decide to come clean, please include an explanation (a better one) why you're not playing along.

There can only be one Alyssa Edwards, and you are not her.
  • Yeah. If you have limitations that keep you from mentioning names then you are contradicting yourself.
  • @Iosion quite simply, the best explanation I can give is I cannot discern his name for whatever reason. I instead got what I listed. You can call bullshit like they did, but I'm not going to blame people for finding it fishy. I did what I could and desired to play it off, but the whining from the peanut gallery isn't really doing too many favors I suppose.
  • Why aren't names important?
  • Without actually quoting it, there was too much arrogance and cockiness surrounding Othero, and I could not discern more other than those traits and being a youkai.
  • Okay I'm gonna say Tamashi doesn't have the power she claimed. I'd hope that the votes would pressure her into actually giving us the name, but now I'm questioning if this was a really dumb bluff on her part, or if this was actually Jester play.  I'm honestly leaning towards the latter, because I don't think anybody would try to make such an easily callable bluff.
  • @Breandryn because Kira said that the character's aren't going to be indicative to their roles and powers. So knowing someone's name does little to no good, unless of course they're not from the Touhou universe like we've already discovered.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    oh oops

Tamashi - I challenge you! Icicle Fall!

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Well that's pretty different. You initially said that the names weren't important unless they were an outsider, to explain why you weren't giving a name. Now you are saying that you didn't get one. Why not just say that to start?
  • @Lehki There's no bluff, @Othero is the only person I've not got a read on so far. Hell I gave you hints earlier not to mention already confirming with other people. Get off your bandwagon already.
  • Unvote

I'm actually starting to buy it, that fits my role. Anything else that you learn?
  • @Othero sadly not, when it comes to other people I usually get a name and a small trait about them, such as youkai, Buddhist, etc.
  • And why didn't you just say you couldn't read me?
  • Oof thread moving so fast.

I certainly think names are important. Everyone in this village links my name with my trade, after all! I'm sure there are other people who have similar interests or reputations tied to their name.
  • Tamashi said:
    @Lehki There's no bluff, @Othero is the only person I've not got a read on so far. Hell I gave you hints earlier not to mention already confirming with other people. Get off your bandwagon already.

Then why didn't you say that to start instead of saying you did, and didn't want to share it yet? And if it's just Othero, than let's just do another duel and see that person's name.

• That's already in progress, point is, I'll just have to say sorry to @Ssaliss later. You guys really really REALLY fiending for a name is getting annoying though. Alice, the puppeteer is present. And you ask why? Because it's honestly not important if I think it's not important. If @Othero really wanted his name out there like they said, they would've just outed like @Tremula did. In which as I said earlier is exactly who they claim to be, albeit also a Buddhist youkai.
  • So you straight out not get the point of that exercise? It was to confirm that you were not lying. Like I said, I believe you because arrogant fits my role but your dancing around the point is a headache.
  • So is the constant pestering to use and test me, it's not a one way road.
  • @Tamashi, do you have to do the challenge? Challenge me. I will respond without a wager.
  • @Tamashi you literally flaunted your semi-investigative ability and now you're whining about being asked to confirm yourself?

That'a kinda the point of the game...
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    I was eyeing Othero before all that myself for voting Ileein solely because he was roleblocked and there was no kill, but man that was weird... It did have the upside of me being more inclined to trust Othero now though.

If you're not bothered with your name being out there Othero, are you Yukari? Because if that's right, then it shows that even someone with no clue of the theme (i.e. me) can figure out a few roles from flavour posts.
  • I wish! Nope, I am Yuuka Kazami
  • @Iosion no I don't have to be the challenger as I've said before. I just partake and I learn about the duel opponent. Plus I had already confirmed my abilities -before- this 'exercise' started, so yes, I'm miffed that my time is being requested instead of just letting me do my hermit thing.