Touhou Mafia: Extreme Shrine Makeover Edition

Comments

• We're not trying to pester you, but testing things is absolutely neccasary in Mafia. We've got very little reason to believe you if we can't confirm and test the power you're claiming. And I'm okay with Synkarin battle if he actually isn't Cirno like he claimed. Otherwise that's pretty shakey evidence. 

I'm tentatively willing to back off for now while we wait for that match to go through, and since Othero says not seeing his name kind of fits?
  • UshaaraUshaara Schrödinger's Traitor
    Ah, well obviously I still know nothing about the theme and am bad at google-fu!
  • For a forum game, that's literally the worst excuse I've heard.

Tamashi, I challenge you to a battle of Honesty! GoooooooOOOOOOOO, Thundering Carp Storm!
    OH cruel Fate, when wilt thou weary be?
    When satisfied with tormenting me?
    What have I e'er designed, but thou hast crost?
    All that I wished to gain by thee, I've lost:
    From my first infancy, thy spite thou'st shown
    and from my cradle, I've thy malice known...
  • Tamashi said:
    @Iosion no I don't have to be the challenger as I've said before. I just partake and I learn about the duel opponent. Plus I had already confirmed my abilities -before- this 'exercise' started, so yes, I'm miffed that my time is being requested instead of just letting me do my hermit thing.
    Do you mean when you said you knew Ileein was Pollux? After Ileein had already said that she was Pollux? That doesn't confirm anything.
  • Breandryn pauses in his search through the rubble and takes a seat beside the shrine, producing some sake and puffed corn crackers as he watches the discussion unfold...

(Also if the light RP is annoying please let me know and I'll stop derping about)
  • I had confirmed with Tremula, and Ssaliss earlier, and sorry that I was too busy to give my results before Ileein could say anything. Heavens, that I wield, forbid that I'm not here around the clock to answer the pesterings of those not of my teachings. (AKA literally every post I'm doing is staying in character, just keep that in mind, yea?)

@Iosion Very well, I suppose, I grow weary from all these duels. I accept your request for Exhibitionism, may the eyes pry upon you. Spirits of Human Desire!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Duel inside the square okay?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Tamashi said:
    I had confirmed with Tremula, and Ssaliss earlier, and sorry that I was too busy to give my results before Ileein could say anything. Heavens, that I wield, forbid that I'm not here around the clock to answer the pesterings of those not of my teachings. (AKA literally every post I'm doing is staying in character, just keep that in mind, yea?)

@Iosion Very well, I suppose, I grow weary from all these duels. I accept your request for Exhibitionism, may the eyes pry upon you. Spirits of Human Desire!
    Tremula also had outted themselves first. You claimed you knew more than just her name, but nothing more was said about that, so again, nothing confirmed.

And I had to go back and check for Ssaliss, but I can't actually find you saying anything about him? Just him saying that he didn't want his name out yet.
  • Tamashi said:
    (Road trip still, so busy off and on)

My duel with @Ileein confirms his claims, he is most definitely NOT from here at all, and he is who he says he is. Since @Ssaliss wants to stay veiled for longer, the name begins with an 'A' with what little relevance it actually has. It has been stated multiple times NAMES DO NOT MAKE A LICK OF DIFFERENCE, and even then, some of these cards don't belong to those people. In fact, I know more things on @Tremula that they didn't disclose.

The reason I didn't take part in more duels is because of what I said earlier, names mean squat here, until I just recently learned of people not being from the games proper. Which is why I started a duel on my own, twice, and that weird forced one. Aside from that.

@Yarith I accept your challenge! We fight for entertainment and clarity! Spirits of Human Desire!
    There's part of the Ssaliss things, as well as just earlier I said Alice. As for the Tremula things, I she was a buddhist youkai.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Oof, everyone's so touchy. @Tamashi maybe if you explained your power a bit better people would back off? It's no good to claim something and then have your power not reflect what you've claimed. Makes you look fishy, tbqh. (Unless Othero really does have a secret hidden power not mentioned in his PM, in which case IM SO DONE WITH SECRET HIDDEN POWERS, GUYS. </3 JUST BE REAL WITH ME, PM SHEET. CAN I TRUST YOU?!)

Also @Breandryn you do you, if you want to RP then RP your heart out. We just might pester you with questions sometimes about what the RP means. :D

(PS: Names matter in that they can confirm, or not confirm, abilities and correlations in alignment. This is a tough game to bluff your persona in.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Names can be misleading of course, but to say they're entirely unimportant is simply not true. Also, it makes it harder for people to google-fu and come up with believable alternate characters to cover their scumminess if we know names. There are reasons to hide names, some for good, but also because it can reveal a mafia alignment.

So yeah. Don't dismiss names altogether. They can give important clues at the very least.

Tamashi is way touchy. I do get though how it can feel you're being attacked when in actual fact you just need to elaborate or be clearer. You're being scrutinised, not attacked.

• Thank you, Lavinya.

@Tamashi, like I said earlier, you flaunted your power and now we just want confirmation. 

Also, lol Exhibitionism; @Kiradawea, this is a nakie duel. Lightning bolts, torn clothes, etc., etc.
  • Yes, you will have to excuse me. I'm quite used to having people just do as I say and not being questioned on other things. Though with how I speak, I should be obvious enough for the observant. (I'm joining the RP, just instead of actions, it's speech)
  • Also, def in the square, so everyone can see O:)
  • Okay I see it now with Ssaliss. I honestly misread when you first posted it, and didn't realize you were saying that Ssaliss' name was Alice.
  • I look forward to learning some about you. Maybe I'll get a name this time and if not then I'm sure I can always deduce it based on how you are. This is a guess based on what I've seen from you and earlier knowledge, are you Yukari Yakumo?
  • That name is directed to @Othero, just realized I didn't specify.
  • Read all the posts
  • Tamashi vs Othekhi is a truly spectacular waste of everyone's time. Tamashi is being obtuse, sure, but what's your vote even based on? Tamashi is literally the worlds worst bluffer?

Second note is RP roles are annoying in a mafia game. Firstly, most of us don't know enough (or anything) about touhou to know what you're actually doing. Secondly, it often comes across as evasive and turns into clusters****s.

Third note, we've made no progress since I last checked in (minus some circular arguments and our 745th spell card battle) SO the wildcard non natives remain our best bet. Ileein being the most obvious as she's outright claimed being third party, but with a caveat that we don't know what'll happen with Ratawhatever if Ileein is lynched. Yarith being the second string choice as Shu from the Chimaera game.

Or we gank the people who were blocked and hope for the best.
  • As I stated, there's no bluff. And I'm also not a fan of all the duels that keep happening, but we found something semi-useful with it. (As for the disliking of RP, I enjoy voicing the character and taking up how they would probably act. I don't know squat about Touhou except what I can look up just for this game.)
  • Aaaaaand Cyndarin's quiet af until he comes in and points fingers/purses.
  • Tamashi vs Othekhi is a truly spectacular waste of everyone's time. Tamashi is being obtuse, sure, but what's your vote even based on? Tamashi is literally the worlds worst bluffer?

Second note is RP roles are annoying in a mafia game. Firstly, most of us don't know enough (or anything) about touhou to know what you're actually doing. Secondly, it often comes across as evasive and turns into clusters****s.

Third note, we've made no progress since I last checked in (minus some circular arguments and our 745th spell card battle) SO the wildcard non natives remain our best bet. Ileein being the most obvious as she's outright claimed being third party, but with a caveat that we don't know what'll happen with Ratawhatever if Ileein is lynched. Yarith being the second string choice as Shu from the Chimaera game.

Killing me doesn't help town. It provides no information beyond what I've provided, either.

Unfortunately, I was prevented from investigating last night so I've no solid answer as to who Ratatoskr might be. Most likely is one of those who claimed outsider before my role became apparent, so Lehki, Yarith, and Kalaneya (and Breandryn? was that a thing that happened or am I just confused).
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • Well, regarding RP, the tone and wording are based around the character I read about, but most of what I've written relates to my game role. I've never heard of Touhou before this. I don't think I'm being secretive at all - I've been giving details about my abilities most posts.
  • Aside from the popcorn one. >_>
  • I will say I would recommend against role-playing in mafia. It's a game of trust and figuring out intent and if you are not being -you- then that makes it harder to play.
  • I'm standing corrected on the 'not from Gensokyo' thing. It looks like it means 'not in the Touhou universe'. 

If there are three people not from the Touhou universe, then we already have 2 claimed: Ileein as Pollux, and Yarith as Shu. If we're to believe Ileein, this leaves Ratatoskr unclaimed. Both Lehki and I claimed that we were in the Touhou universe, but not from Gensokyo itself. 

I get what Ileein was trying to do now, which is to see if I had spellcards that looked like traditional bullet hell Touhou type spellcards. Ileein's attack was basically punching me in the chest, and Yarith doesn't do anything. If the outsiders are similar to Ileein and Yarith in this regard, then anyone who hasn't dueled or is unable to do so comes under suspicion. It'll take me awhile to read through the duels and figure out who's already done it and if their attacks are Touhou-like.

Off the top of my head, Breandryn, Sylandra, Lavinya, Krackenor haven't duelled.
  • Kalaneya said:
    I'm standing corrected on the 'not from Gensokyo' thing. It looks like it means 'not in the Touhou universe'. 

If there are three people not from the Touhou universe, then we already have 2 claimed: Ileein as Pollux, and Yarith as Shu. If we're to believe Ileein, this leaves Ratatoskr unclaimed. Both Lehki and I claimed that we were in the Touhou universe, but not from Gensokyo itself. 

I get what Ileein was trying to do now, which is to see if I had spellcards that looked like traditional bullet hell Touhou type spellcards. Ileein's attack was basically punching me in the chest, and Yarith doesn't do anything. If the outsiders are similar to Ileein and Yarith in this regard, then anyone who hasn't dueled or is unable to do so comes under suspicion. It'll take me awhile to read through the duels and figure out who's already done it and if their attacks are Touhou-like.

Off the top of my head, Breandryn, Sylandra, Lavinya, Krackenor haven't duelled.
    And Breandryn has, I believe, claimed not to have spell cards.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I forfeited today and can't duel. Depending on how people feel re: duels (which I personally think should be more strategic than they have been, which has been wildly-nilly) I'm open to considering a duel tomorrow. I'm not comfortable with how much information we have been splashing around though.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Iosion said:
    Aaaaaand Cyndarin's quiet af until he comes in and points fingers/purses.
    Cyndarin was at work all day and planning a move to Texas. 

OMG pointing fingers in a mafia game. CRAZY. It's like it's a mafia game or something. I can make more white noise and stupid spell card battles if it'll give you the warm and fuzzies. 
  • Ileein said:
    Tamashi vs Othekhi is a truly spectacular waste of everyone's time. Tamashi is being obtuse, sure, but what's your vote even based on? Tamashi is literally the worlds worst bluffer?

Killing me doesn't help town. It provides no information beyond what I've provided, either.

Unfortunately, I was prevented from investigating last night so I've no solid answer as to who Ratatoskr might be. Most likely is one of those who claimed outsider before my role became apparent, so Lehki, Yarith, and Kalaneya (and Breandryn? was that a thing that happened or am I just confused).
    Keeping you alive diddling in the background doesn't help town either. As I've explained in previous mafia games, you're a net negative as a third party because you have the potential to flip when it's convenient for you, and the town's only way of holding you accountable is by wasting powers on you at night to keep you in check and holding a lynch over your head. 

Your only truly trustworthy benefit is that you can potentially help us root out another third party character. Then at that point I don't know what we'd do. Feed you to one another?