Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Eliron said:
    Oueli said:

..and apparently cross-faction RP doesn't work here in Lusternia  Can't even write up half an emote and you're dead. Awesome. That's literally my favorite type of RP from MKO. Nothing speaks about developing a character better then debating it against another community with opposing ideas. I'm not really sure what you Lusty-folk do, but us MKO peeps love our cross-faction RP, we really do. Try to at least be open to a little bit of it since it's almost our freaking lifeblood.

I'm really freaking disappointed with this month and I'm just done.
    There's been some great advice from people on how to approach some Glom/Seren rp more one on one.

Another option is that orgs in Lusternia don't have one set rival and that's it for all time. Glomdoring may be allied with Gaudiguch and Magnagora now, but that will change eventually, and at some point in the past we've been allied with every other org, including Serenwilde.
    I would really like for this to be the case, but alliances haven't shaken up in real life years to my understanding.
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Was it not two Ascensions ago that Glom split from Mag?  It was not until the last Ascension that it went back to the current state, I think (so less than a year).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited September 2016
    Quit staring, it's rude.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • There was a while last year where Glom and Halli were actually besties, which was pretty neat. The official alliance was the most shortlived I've ever seen, but things were pretty cool between the two for a while. So things can and do shake up from time to time
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • My hopes is this that this sun druid stuff somehow brings back the Hai'gloh, to the cries of dismay of everybody.
  • By "most shortlived", the official alliance was so short, I never realised we were supposed to be allies until I saw the newspost stating that the alliance had been dissolved. It was short enough and didn't change things up at all. I can understand Ileein's interpretation that the alliances don't change.
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • Not sure what to say there! I knew it was a thing, start to finish, there were a couple revolts where we helped each out to varying degrees, there was a lot of trash talk on the forums about 4 v 2 and PK should decide alliances and stuff. The official treaty lasted less than 2 IG years, if I recall right. And this was following a period where Mag hated Glom and Gaudi and Glom were 'neutral' because of some eaf thing.

But hey, I'm all for having things shook up noticeably. It doesn't even take an act of godmin! Let's just get our CLs talking and do this.  There are apparently unchangeable mechanical reasons why it will always be 3v3, but lets just spin the wheel and go crazy with some new alliances. Sounds like it could do things some good.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I'm on board with this plan, but can we switch Mag and Seren? I don't want to have to keep wiping sludge and soot off the Outer Wards.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    edited September 2016
    No, we need Demartel and Daraius to have really icy meetings where the only warmth comes from their tea and the unrequited rage and disappointment behind the golden globes of the Granddoggers eyes. He has strayed from the path, and the faintest hint of burning tea can be smelt in the golden motes surrounding Daraius, but he can never act on it. Demartel must find his own way back to the Collective's good graces, and restore the honour he has struck down from the family's name. 

Sylandra approves.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    No to Haih'Gloh.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• The 2v2 thing reminds me of IronCross and all the other odd clans that surfaced during alliances. Quick! Name all the silly alliance clans.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Guess it's back to the bachelor's life. Brb, designing a bowl of ramen.
  • Luce said:
    Guess it's back to the bachelor's life. Brb, designing a bowl of ramen.
    a lukewarm bowl of official Unattached Persons rations
    Jadice, the Frost Queen says to you, "Constant vigilance."
  • I don't know if its supposed to be a bad thing or not, but I love pre-cooked meals and just warming them up. Can call it lazy, but I've got better things to do that worry if my pot is boiling yet.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The reason 2v2v2 never works is because one org in a 2-group will quickly realize it can join one of the other 2-groups, making it 3v2v1 and giving them an advantage. And the remaining 1 will then join the other 2-group to avoid getting stomped on, bringing us right back to a 3v3.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I don't think that'd be the case. As wishful as we might be for a 2v2v2, the reason it won't happen is because if you look at even the current '3v3' scenario, each alliance has a limp on their team. I mean this as they have either an underpopulated or low stock of conflict fighters. These orgs can boast all they want about how much they give, but really without the help of an alliance backing them, they'd be pretty SOL.
  • Divines get a log of everything and anything that's done and said in their fulcruxes, right? <_< 'cause some people just need teased with packaged furniture.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • I'm not super code oriented, can some that is send me a private message with how I'd set up a demesne caller? I'm not wanting to spam and only wanting to call using enemies and not allies if that's possible. 
    What's the help file with instructions on how to package furniture?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    What's the help file with instructions on how to package furniture?
    Using Furniture Packages
    ========================
    Syntax: ASSEMBLE <package>

Skilled Artisans can create an aetheric package containing self-assembling furniture. These will often be sold in shops and can then be assembled by even the most unskilled of people.

HELP FURNITURE
    Thanks a lot!

#bringShikariback 

• Re: 2v2v2 vs 3v3

I think the main reason why this model wouldn't work here, and why it doesn't work in Imperian (that other IRE that tries to hardcode 3 separate factions each with 2 organizations), is population. As has been said and inferred to, with our current population, there's that one org in each alliance that doesn't quite bring as much oomph mainly because it has far less people than the other two, and of course it means that splitting off to form another faction to make it 2v2v2 would not be viable.

On the other hand, we have Achaea, whose 6 organizations fare relatively well on their own combat-wise because each has enough population to do so. Sure, there are times when one or two are less-than-stellar, but as with any game, it's usually seasonal and the cycle reverses itself soon enough. (If any of you are familiar with Hashan and its storied history in Achaea -- it's now arguably the top org.)

TL;DR -- get more people.
    See you in Sapience.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Oh is that all we need to do? Let me just take a trip down to the maternity ward.
  • I was bashing air today and I noticed that after I got 37 air essence when I picked up more air essence it wasn't actually added to my inventory, is this intentional or a bug?
  • There's only 37 cloudy essence on Air in total. If you kept finding things to kill up there after you collected 37 and they dropped essence, that means that you took about an hour and they started re-popping.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • There should only be 36 to match all the other elemental planes?? So if you're counting 37, one might of poofed on you as you picked it up.
  • Nah, fire and air have 37. earth and water 36.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited September 2016
    I definitely had 37 in hand when I did ii essence. Then I picked up more, and still had 37. I checked it once right before I picked up one to make sure. 
  • Ah, never noticed and that seems really weird to me...why? Oh well, not really worth arguing.
This discussion has been closed.