Night Sermon

SiamSiam Whispered Voice
edited April 2013 in Event Scrolls
I enjoyed this little rite Rancoura came up with, especially because most of those present were young blood:

(Glomdoring): Rancoura (from the Prime Material Plane) says, "I seek to perform a rite for the Shadow Mother come twilight. I bid all who are awake and present to join me in the heart of our forest."

(Glomdoring): Rancoura says, "Come, Glomdoring. I bid you come to revere the Dark Night whilst She reigns over the lands."

(Glomdoring): Rancoura says, "I shall begin shortly."

(Glomdoring): Rancoura says, "I speak as bidden by Her. She has inspired me to share words with the Dark Forest."

Before the Master Ravenwood Tree.
Malarious Nightshade, The Tenebrous Wrath is here, shrouded. He wields a twin scythe nekai bearing a spider emblem in his left hand and a twin scythe nekai bearing a bat emblem in his right. Wyrm Tamderis, Ward of the Wyrd is here. He wields a steel claymore with both hands. Priest Leisane n'Lochli is here, shrouded. He wields an athame dagger in his left hand and a glacial platinum tower shield in his right. Fledgling Laele, Shadow of Crow is here. She wields a nature talisman in her left hand. Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced is here, shrouded. She wields the graceful black-crystal athame of the Silent Umbra in her left hand. Fledgling Kakana, Shadow of Crow is here. She wields a nature talisman in her left hand.
You see a single exit leading north.

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "Very well..."

Delicately unfurling her dark-feathered wings, Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "Welcome, spirits of  Glomdoring, welcome, souls of the Wyrd, new and aged alike."

Gaze roaming over the attendees, Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "I bear for you a message from our Mother Night, and bid you listen, and see, with your minds as well as your senses."

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "For She has compelled me to speak for Her this night, to whisper the words She wishes to convey to Her children, Her beloved servants."

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "One bearing a mind of youth once spoke to me of the silence of our forest, having mistaken it for absence, and feeling loneliness in the wake of such thoughts." Pausing to close her eyes and draw a soft breath, she continues, "It was my tah'vrai to teach him of the spirit of the shadows, of the eternal presence of the Dark Mother. It is a lesson that need not be reserved for the penumbra and the shadowbound, for even a demi-mortal may stand discouraged in the face of such misguidance."

With an elegant gesture to the augmenting darkness pervading the surrounding forest, Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "The stillness is not a lack of presence, nor the absence of life. It is a tranquil state of existing, as does the Night when the Mad Sun departs. At times stirring with cold rage and relentless ferality, at others settling with calm contemplation and quiet observance, Her presence is no less dwindled where life pervades."

Delicately touching a palm to her chest, Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "She lives in us, within each of us... within the darkness of our souls, and the numbness that awaits within our hearts."

With the ghost of a smile, Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "She grows with each yearning thought for the Adumbral Beauty, with each swell of pride in hearing the call of Her wolves."

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced caresses the air as though stroking an invisible being, and the shadow-tendrils curl loosely around her wrist and forearm before snaking their way through the air around her, coiling almost lovingly around her form.

Quietly, Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "Feel not solitude when you stand in the still quietude of the eventide. Feel only Her presence, Her chill, Her subtle power around you. Seek with your spirit rather than your eyes and ears, and you shall touch Her."

Spreading her wings and arms in a single, smooth movement, Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced whispers, "Go forth, and bear aloft Her blessing, Her will, Her inspiration. Be reminded that Her presence is perpetual, ubiquitous; within the effulgent light of the high-Sun noon, when Her dark is sheltered within your souls -- and within the deepest recesses of midnight, when She may freely enfold you within Her chilled embrace."

You begin to whisper a haunting melody as a myriad of glittering shadows begin to coalesce about your form. You slowly bring your hand to your heart and notice its beat in time to the Drums of the Dead.

Lady Rancoura So'hthae, the Evanesced delicately raises her arms, turning her visage to the skies. Shadows grow around you, caress you, embrace you and gently permeate you to your core... and you feel a dark inspiration alight within your spirit, an impulse driven by the power of the endless Night as the Lady Rancoura vanishes into the darkness, leaving silence and a moment for contemplation in her wake.

Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

Comments

• Darn I missed it by about 3 minutes. Thanks for posting Siam!
  • Aw, sorry I missed that!  I think I was busy getting et by a gravedigger (beware the Blasted Lands!) and then rescued by a Magnagoran. :)  What can I say: I'm learnin'.  I hope I get to participate in something like this!  Thanks for posting the log so I could read what I missed.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Go for it! :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    <3 you for this @Siam, and you know why.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice

You brought back the ghost of Shadowdancer-Siam to life. 
    O:-)

#bringShikariback