I wonder, wonder, who wrote the book of ... WONDER ITEMS!

We want to release a new wonder item this month (see latest announce) so are open to ideas on what powers it could possess. The powers or what the item can do is actually what we really need ideas for rather than what the actual wonder item is (since we are pretty sure what the item will be).

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Teleport to a random location on the plane you are currently on, except areas that are mechanically 'blocked' by admin, such as guildhalls (Possibility for making it exclude areas that you have enemy status in, could possibly be prime only if it requires a low number of crystals, other planes included if at a higher number)
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • So... essentially a Wondercubix?
    Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    A power that allows you to color part of your Emotes as Says.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited October 2016
    1 hour mob-only aegis for 1 person / Used max of x times per RL day
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • it'd be really nice if we could replace #3 of wonderwand (deathsight) too, just as an aside.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited October 2016
    Is it a Wonderwall? I bet it's a wonderwall.

Maybe it'll be the one that saves me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Ixion's tree-trunk socks of wonder

• So, are we looking at a minor or major wonder item?

So let's make our item. And call it a Crown of Wonder.

For a minor, how about...
    1. Summon critter. Summons a poteen pet once per X time.
    2. Activateable scare-crow hat effect
    3. */* paranoia buff
    4. */* flattery buff
    5. */* weaken buff
    6. */* empower buff
    7. */* charity buff
    8. Amnesty buff
    9. Esteemed crown. Bonus esteem from influencing
    10. Prismatic crown. Lirangshan Mist effect once per X time.

For a major, how about a Map of Wonder, with each crystal opening up a new location on the map that you can fast-travel to? Essentially a Wonder Cubix.

Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.
  • I like Kira's ideas, but please no to anything that uses a head clothing slot. Map of wonder would hopefully not overlap much with the compass of the basin.

Ideas!

Pacing (passive): You can now follow a person even if they try to sprint or gallop away. Also as a passive effect, while you lead a squad, all draftees in your squad will be able to keep up with you when you sprint or gallop.

Clover leaf (1x/IG month): Increased critical hits, same effect as lucky clover leaf (does not stack with poteen/actual clover, it's the same thing). Lasts 1 hour.

• edited October 2016
    I mostly made it a crown because I figured it'd make a nice base for something with a lot of crystals. It'll probably end up being like other artifacts in that you can wear it, but it doesn't take up a slot. Same way I'm able to wear three pairs of artifact boots.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Wonder Potato. Do it.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    The idea of a modular cubix-like artifact sounds very tempting to me and is something I'd probably get invested into and would find generally very sweet ( given that the locations work / do well )

minor idea:

beastlink: Allows you to summon your (denizen) entourage and beast to you whereever it currently is

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Kiradawea said:
    I mostly made it a crown because I figured it'd make a nice base for something with a lot of crystals. It'll probably end up being like other artifacts in that you can wear it, but it doesn't take up a slot. Same way I'm able to wear three pairs of artifact boots.
    It's less about the slot, and more about hating my beautiful helm being covered and unable to doff.
  • Huhn... make it a necklace then. A gaudy, crystal-studded necklace.
  • edited October 2016
    Would kind of like to see an Order-oriented wonder item.  Possibly customized per Divine.

Said item would need to retain most of its functionality if the owner was not in an Order, or have alternative abilities.

• Now that the joke is done, I wouldn't mind a Wondercharm bracelet. I can imagine that the charms might be customizable depending on what deities your city/commune align with but would have the same benefits. Only the rmotes might change when used.
  • edited October 2016
    Also would love to see, perhaps as a 20th (30th?) crystal ultimate power, the ability to take on a trade ignoring class/skill demands.  IE, commune citizens could choose Spellcraft (either Elementalism or Cosmic, with full abilities) or city citizens could choose Lorecraft.

Would not necessarily grant the trade outright - lessons would still need to be spent - only allow all trades to be selected/activated regardless of class/skills.  Bards with Forging.  Wiccans with Enchanting.  Yada.

• edited October 2016
    I figured it was going to be a wonderbook or wondertome.

What about giving some of the personal shrine powers for @Eldanien's idea?

Could make it give a discount/freebies to people who have the permission in their order, and if you're not then you just pay the regular cost.

If possible maybe a special teleport to your gods fulcrux/godrealm, orderless would just go to the top layer of the fulcruxes.

Maybe some sort of once per day hour long favour? And... some kind of sermon that increases offerings for the next hour?

The tome could be some kind of breviary that's dedicated to your god or the elders if orderless.

Would need like three more things though, cause war shrines/shrinesight
  • Maybe play with the ideas of (1) 'Obscuring' and (2) 'Revealing'.

So effects like (1) hide age; be unscryable for 1 hour (/RL day); hide identity in tells/says (power cost per tell/say); and (2) pierce Laurels; show secret exits; see who is /really/ online in a given org (power cost)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Something else that came into my mind is this:

elemental affinity: grants you defense that will lessen/remove the forced movement effects applied by the elemental planes / similar places. (kind of like the four rings combined)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ooh, a elderbix one of the powers transports you to an *bix room dedicated to your god (with all the limitations of course) it has exits at the master shrine and any number of locations inside their godrealm?

Maybe a room down from that one that those without gods land in with exits to each of the seals and another down exit into the middle of the master shrine area?

It kind adds something that doesn't exist, but maybe an ability to bless other people with shrine powers?

Erm, maybe temporarily activate an ephemeral power that you have for an hour once per day above your weight limit? Though the worth of that is dependent on the powers available.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Yes, Saran, flesh this out into a list please. If any idea gets taken from this thread, I want it to be that.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited October 2016
    @Tremula something like this?

1 Sermon
    2 Cure*
    3 Protection*
    4 Celerity*
    5 Heal* 
    6 Sanctuary
    7 Benediction
    8 Favoured
    9 Pilgrimage
    10 Awakening

*These powers become a 25% discount if you have the power available in your order, they also stack with the symbol of the gods artifact.

Sermon - 1/day
    Perform a rousing sermon in the name of your God or Goddess(or in the name of the Elders if you are orderless). For the next five minutes the strength of all offerings is increased by 50%.

Benediction - 
    Bless another in the name of your god(or the gods for you heathens), you may give the shrine powers cure, protection, celerity, or heal to them. However, both of you must pay the price. (Maybe a reduction on the owners side?)

Favoured - 1/day
    By studying this tome you may draw yourself closer to your god (or the gods of course, we see you orderless freaks). Once done you will find yourself walking with Their favour for the next hour. (Maybe a strong or high favour? just a favour seems too small and a true might be too much)

Pilgrimage - 
    Perform a pilgrimage to the sacred lands of your god (the least you godless bunch can do is visit). This power will take you to a sacred room from which you can access your gods master shrine, along with any areas They allow you to within Their god realm.
    A down exit from this space will take you to a domothean space which is connected to each of the nine seals as well as the transcendental fulcrux, those without orders will be taken here upon their pilgrimage

Awakening - 1/day
    A gift of the Gods only available to those who have fanned their spark to the height of demigodhood, at least. For one hour, once per day, they may activate any ephemeral power without cost. 

Sanctuary - 1/hour
    With a desperate prayer you may beseech the gods for sanctuary. This will move you to another room where denizens will not follow you. This will only last for five minutes before the gods will send you from their shelter.
    (Not too sure about this, it's kinda like tent/illusory manses, it would create a room connected to the room you were in that has all the things that prevent denizens from following you. Ideally it would act as an "oh crap" button in bashing but players would be able to just follow you, maybe make the "dropped" desc brightly coloured so it's obvious. I just can't think of anything else)

EDIT: Oh as a note, i'm orderless all of the jokes about such are... well jokes.
  • Completely left field to these ones, what about a RP and culture-based one? Powers could be things like:

- Add a temporary line to a room that shows up on QL
    - See stage and library catalogue from anywhere
    - Utilize stage/library commands from anywhere (eg play a stage from Serenwilde to a gathering in your manse or checkout a book while giving a lecture in your guildhall)
    - Scry for bards/scholars to find out how many are in the local area
    - Upgrades scry to also teleport you to a bard/scholar in your area
    - Upgrades scry to also teleport you to stage/library for your org + world stage/library/peak
    - Remove eq/bal requirement and cost for emoting (for emoting while bashing, issueable if abused in PK)
    - Cast an illusion
    - Cast a custom echo across the local area
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Versalean said:
    Maybe play with the ideas of (1) 'Obscuring' and (2) 'Revealing'.

So effects like (1) hide age; be unscryable for 1 hour (/RL day); hide identity in tells/says (power cost per tell/say); and (2) pierce Laurels; show secret exits; see who is /really/ online in a given org (power cost)
    Please no piercing Laurels, I would not be fond of seeing my purchased artifact being nullified.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Versalean said:

Please no piercing Laurels, I would not be fond of seeing my purchased artifact being nullified.
    Yep, totally agree that an artefacts arms race is never a great idea (cf. Veil of the Sphinx) - apologies, I typed the idea very quickly on the way out to work; was totes just trying to brainstorm out ideas and suggest different avenues :)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Rancoura said:
    Versalean said:

But what if we want to know if you're married or not?

Asking for a friend.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Doesn't FAMILY TREE <person> accomplish that?  :)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight