God Blogs

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• I actually googled the other spelling and got results, so I was convinced there was some version of that word I wasn't familiar with.

But this is @Drocilla.  For all I know, I just took the bait and now there will be rabbit hole to fall down sooner or later.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I would have thought it would be a silver dodo.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Zvoltz said:
    I felt inspired by Drocilla's recent hilarious blog to post my own telling of a day in the life of Oldbie Zvoltz. I hope it makes for an interesting read.
    The way for Zvoltz to get praise: Finish the Ikara storyline with the showdown with Mysrai that results in the trapped siblings freedom or death (and possibly the death of Zvoltz or Mysrai depending how far they go in said fight) which also in turn opens up Ikara for players. Its been almost 2 years (it was 2014, right?) since you teased us with the plane but only allowed us to enter 3 rooms out of however many rooms were mapped before being kicked out.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Zvoltz said:
    I felt inspired by Drocilla's recent hilarious blog to post my own telling of a day in the life of Oldbie Zvoltz. I hope it makes for an interesting read.
    The way for Zvoltz to get praise: Finish the Ikara storyline with the showdown with Mysrai that results in the trapped siblings freedom or death (and possibly the death of Zvoltz or Mysrai depending how far they go in said fight) which also in turn opens up Ikara for players. Its been almost 2 years (it was 2014, right?) since you teased us with the plane but only allowed us to enter 3 rooms out of however many rooms were mapped before being kicked out.
    How do you know that is even my project? That could be a completely different admin building that area!

• Zvoltz said:
    Ayisdra said:
    Zvoltz said:
    How do you know that is even my project? That could be a completely different admin building that area!
    Because it was the area that you came back to us with - I really just assumed it was your project because of this fact?
  • While on the topic of areas then - do gods and ephs have basically free reign on where/what they could build (outside of godrealms that is)? Is there any place that would only be able to be built by X god?
  • Ayisdra said:
    While on the topic of areas then - do gods and ephs have basically free reign on where/what they could build (outside of godrealms that is)? Is there any place that would only be able to be built by X god?
    This is probably a better question for Estarra, as it's a matter of Havens process.
    Art is by the wonderful Gurashi!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I think the problem is the same as with a lot of surveys; you'll often get people posting the things they don't like, and maybe less of the things that they do.  It's always easier to pick up on a couple negatives to point out vs. all the positives (you can see that in our posts here, too!).
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    I've issued myself with compliments for events or things that I really enjoyed or appreciated before! So hard to be able to address the divine in question because 9/10 there's no way of knowing who it was, so I hope it gets seen by the appropriate people! We luff you Papa Z <3

• Xenthos said:
    I think the problem is the same as with a lot of surveys; you'll often get people posting the things they don't like, and maybe less of the things that they do.  It's always easier to pick up on a couple negatives to point out vs. all the positives (you can see that in our posts here, too!).
    QFT. That being said, compliments (preferably) can be posted in the Forums. I know the few times I've released something, I make more effort to read the forums just to see feedback. I recall a few compliments made that, while I can't thank the person(s) directly without revealing my hand, are very appreciated.

Furthermore, I feel that if there is going to be some critic, an open forum, such as the forums, is better than submitting something that can't be peer-reviewed and commented on. While no area/project is perfect, receiving, for lack of a better term, "negative feedback" via the proposed method would be more disheartening to me personally than seeing a comment on the forums. It doesn't make sense writing it down, but that's how I am.

All in all, comments/complaints/concerns would be better served posted here in the forums, I know I at least check Quotes/Rants/Raves.
  • Ayisdra said:

The way for Zvoltz to get praise: [snip]
    I'm going to assume that you were going for humour, and hesitate to "call" someone out so directly, but it is comments like these that...I find bothersome. I might sound like a broken record, repeating the "there's a lot of stuff behind the scenes" mantra, but no matter how little/much of a volunteer's time is spent productively towards Lusternia's development, the last thing they want to see for all the work they've put in is someone saying "here's how to get my praise", because it completely devalues the efforts made. Even though it was towards another Admin, I also take it a little personally myself; I'm sure it is some little worm of doubt about my own contributions that feeds that, but...well, humour or not I think it is uncalled for. This may not be eloquently written, but I felt the need to say something. :|
  • Please understand that when we say things like this, it's only because we are so excited/impatient to see more of them.

Players show their praise by playing with the toys you give us, or frankly by playing at all. We wouldn't be here if we didn't love the world you are helping to forge. I know I personally have cursed your name several times in the past week, @Darvellan... it certainly doesn't mean I'm not completely enamored with the quest you? (I've been blaming you) set us.  <3
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • edited October 2016
    Talan said:
    Please understand that when we say things like this, it's only because we are so excited/impatient to see more of them.

Players show their praise by playing with the toys you give us, or frankly by playing at all. We wouldn't be here if we didn't love the world you are helping to forge. I know I personally have cursed your name several times in the past week, @Darvellan... it certainly doesn't mean I'm not completely enamored with the quest you? (I've been blaming you) set us.  <3
    True, and I know that most players, and probably even the one quoted, don't necessarily feel the way I stated, I just said how it comes across, to at least me personally.

And yeah, that annoying problem that popped up clearly revealed my hand with the hunt. So long as you aren't cursing my name for the dice breaking, I'm not at all bothered; some of those rooms were chosen out of my own perverse humour (and ignorance of the state of certain skills). Still, I think the prize may make up for it a bit.

Edit: Accidentally spoilered, had to edit it out!
  • Now I want to get that prize even more. Curse you Darvellan! 

PS this scavenger hunt has been awesome!
  • Less forums, more puzzle, dreamweaver.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    Less forums, more puzzle, dreamweaver.
    In my excitement to play with envoy changes I may be locked out from dreamweaving for a few days. Oops.
  • :'(
    Curse you @Darvellan!
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Darvellan said:
    Ayisdra said:

The way for Zvoltz to get praise: [snip]
    I'm going to assume that you were going for humour, and hesitate to "call" someone out so directly, but it is comments like these that...I find bothersome. I might sound like a broken record, repeating the "there's a lot of stuff behind the scenes" mantra, but no matter how little/much of a volunteer's time is spent productively towards Lusternia's development, the last thing they want to see for all the work they've put in is someone saying "here's how to get my praise", because it completely devalues the efforts made. Even though it was towards another Admin, I also take it a little personally myself; I'm sure it is some little worm of doubt about my own contributions that feeds that, but...well, humour or not I think it is uncalled for. This may not be eloquently written, but I felt the need to say something. :|
    Yes, it was more in humour than anything. As my other posts showed, I assumed some areas (like Ikara) could only be developed by the gods (outside of a few exceptions as mandated by Estarra) they are connected to (In this case, Mysrai and/or Zvoltz would have been the admin in charge of the Ikara area devolpment and story lines). With how little things are revealed behind the scenes, I can only assume such things until told otherwise.

My intentions in any, 'negative', feedback I give is never to devalue the work the admin do. I know I am negative in the feedback I give most of the time (and this reflects people's views on me). My mind just can't help but give that first, thinking how to improve/what is wrong/parts I didn't think, are of much more value than saying 'good job on X'.
  • Darvellan said:

Furthermore, I feel that if there is going to be some critic, an open forum, such as the forums, is better than submitting something that can't be peer-reviewed and commented on. While no area/project is perfect, receiving, for lack of a better term, "negative feedback" via the proposed method would be more disheartening to me personally than seeing a comment on the forums. It doesn't make sense writing it down, but that's how I am.

All in all, comments/complaints/concerns would be better served posted here in the forums, I know I at least check Quotes/Rants/Raves.

I kinda have to disagree with this to a certain extent.

People voicing their opinion can be an anxiety-inducing moment, more so in a public space where you then have to worry about everyone's comments about what you've said. This is especially true on the internet to the point where people might not say things at all, maybe don't say entirely what they're thinking/feeling, or the discussion ends up going down a bad road.

I've seen this happen even in irl clubs where there have been issues that fester because people feel uncomfortable talking because of the above, especially the last because it can be pretty silencing. 

On the other side, an anonymised and moderated feedback queue doesn't have those issues. If people misuse it then they can be banned from it. (maybe like rolepoints? you get docked and they recover over time). If you like you could also give some sort of "insightful" mark to the comments and give people a bound credit to try to encourage people to say why the like an area, what they don't like, and maybe what more they might have wanted (which becomes ideas for later expansions/rp).
    So who wants a trip to Nirvana?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

@Thax and Florence make pretty good music.

#bringShikariback