I wonder, wonder, who wrote the book of ... WONDER ITEMS!

Comments

• I don't think it does, it just lets people know who you've shacked up with in the past and had kids with.

You could have divorced them after the Kids I guess.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Hmm, I thought the "is not currently active in any family" bit would tell the tale.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Saran I'd buy the crystals for those, no lie. It's beautiful and I want it now.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A wonderitem that allows you to form your own cult based around anything you wish? Yes, please
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • (Rancoura's married to Nocht. Sorry. Mere mortals are not enough for the RP Queen of Glomdoring.)
  • Rancoura said:
    Hmm, I thought the "is not currently active in any family" bit would tell the tale.

Hmm someone could be active in a family without being married I think? May not apply to you but 
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Wait - Rancoura is not in any active family

So there's a chance my dreams of snogging at the Ravenwood can come true.....

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    Synkarin said:

You can snog her at the Tree all you want, but the next person to kiss you may join you in toadhood.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Wonderitem ideas:

One crystal : your squad gets a 5% experience bonus while you lead them and are wearing this item. Every crystal after the first adds a (2.5%-5%?) bonus.

Five crystals: able to use the Glamour skill to hide your identity as someone else. Fades if you leave the room.

Ten crystals: ability to push someone out of phase (essentially, fleshstone/statue/that institute skill), removing them from existence for one minute. Useable once per lusternia month, Useable on yourself.

Fifteen crystals: demigods are able to drain their essence to other demigods at a 3:1 loss. Only works for the owner.

Twenty crystals: design your custom deathsight (what others see when you slay someone, regardless of the manner of death) and submit it. Only works while wearing the item.

• Synkarin said:

Marry her into Ysav'rai. Yessss I like this plan.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited October 2016
    This again...?

(In all seriousness though, if it were possible to marry a Divine, @Nocht would totally be my one and only. <3 my Nocht.)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Tremula said:
    @Saran I'd buy the crystals for those, no lie. It's beautiful and I want it now.
    Yeah, again I'm orderless right now but it would be nice. Having access to those shrine powers would be handy, the domothean pilgrimage level addresses my desire for easier access to the seals, and it has benefits to everyone.

Hopefully @Estarra agrees
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    No one is going to buy RP wonder items. 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Not in as great majority as a combat wonder item, but it will sell decently well. Noncombatants have a decent amount of wealth amassed, on average, and it would sell because it would be the first thing in a while that would be not exclusively for combatants.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • I like RP stuff. I'd buy RP artis here but they are pretty overpriced, so it's hard to justify.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    edited October 2016
    Breandryn said:
    I like RP stuff. I'd buy RP artis here but they are pretty overpriced, so it's hard to justify.
    I kind of think that's Sojiro's point; wonder items are one of the more expensive things out there (assuming a full 20 crystals needed).

That said, I've been known to invest a large number of credits in RP-only things (see: homestead), so I don't think he's entirely accurate.  Still, there is something to the "highly priced RP-only item" observation.
  • Well, the item effects are additive, which I think makes them more appealing to a more casual player, a roleplay-focused player or someone who doesn't invest a ton in credits. It lets them slowly build up to something awesome, with a very cheap initial investment.
  • Omniscience from Veneration.

As a side note, removing wondercrystals from iron coins seems to mean many people won't even break even from spins.
  • Yeah, I bought 3 packs of the 5, and 3 wondercrystals (over 2 packs of 5) was the best I got. The last 5 spins were: 5 curios, 5 curios, 6 zimoru, 5 curios, 10 curios. :(
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yeah curios on iron coins is lame, unless it's the really big packages that have a decent trade in value.

I literally mean that no one is going to buy 2k credits' worth of RP. As a promotion, wonder items are made to rake in the $$$, and IRE won't make bank off emotes.

Utility is pretty great though.
  • edited October 2016
    You'd be surprised what sells. The vast majority of IRE players aren't heavy into PK.

I remember in Imperian and Aetolia, there were promos to change your tell, glance and entry text. - pure rp stuff - and I wasn't interested myself but they sold a ton. I think they ended up extending the promo in Imperian because it was so popular. I was very surprised but there is a big market for RP artis.
  • Shaddus said:
    A wonderitem that allows you to form your own cult based around anything you wish? Yes, please

Would love that, though i'd also settle for a mob cult but I really want that as an essence shop thing.

• ANNOUNCE NEWS #2651
    Date: 10/13/2016 at 16:52
    To  : Everyone
    Subj: Masks of Wonder!

Glorious news, all. A new type of Wonder has just been discovered. Masks
    of Wonder can be formed from Wonder Crystals in the traditional way
    (WONDERMASK FORM), and these can take up to twenty crystals, with each
    crystal imbuing the mask with a new power. The powers are listed below,
    and are also visible in HELP WONDERMASKS.

As the mask is powered up, grander and grander names can be uncovered
    with the use of WONDERMASK TRANSFORM. Will you be the first to own
    Jeremiah Gryphta's Marvellous Mask of Divine Realities? Only you can
    decide!

Below are the powers available at each level of power imbued in the
    Mask.

1. Pilgrim Face - Charity influence buff (2/7).
    2. Angel Face - Empower influence buff (2/7).
    3. Wakabi Face - Regain sanity 33% faster than normal (stacks with other
    buffs to regaining sanity).
    4. Crone Face - When someone attempts to inflict you with fear, there is
    a 15% chance you will resist the fear and they will be inflicted with a
    random mental affliction.
    5. Wisened Sage Face - Your equilibrium recovery malus will never
    drop below -1.
    6. Dog Face - PANTing while wearing this mask will immediately cure
    hyperventilation (so can start HOLD BREATH again immediately).
    7. Cat Face - With cat-like reflexes, your balance recovery malus will
    never go below -1.
    8. Stone Face - Decrease amount of ego lost from debate attacks directed
    at you by 10%.
    9. Dryad Face - Gives the Ecology Empathy skill (ability to influence
    animals).
    10. rainbow Face - Gives the Glamour ability (WEAVE GLAMOUR OF <target>
    ON <target>|ME]).
    11. Demon Face - Paranoia influence buff (2/7).
    12. Harlot Face - Seduction influence buff (2/7).
    13. Regal Face - 10% more esteem gained from influencing.
    14. Long Face - Weaken influence buff (2/7).
    15. Nymph Face - While wearing this mask, you will naturally pacify
    entities that are aggressive toward you.
    16. Barrister Face - 10% increase in amount of ego damage your debate
    attacks do, but comes with have a -2/-10 universal influencing malus.
    17. Baby Face - Amnesty influencing buff (2/7).
    18. Clown Face - Gives the Pratfall ability (albeit at a slightly
    increased
        balance cost).
    19. Blank Face - Allows you to BLANKFACE a denizen once every six
    months,
        bringing them out of an influenced state.
    20. Skull Face - Gives a version of Stealth Deepcover ability (but not
        masquerade ability; so organizations will think you are person
        you deepcover as, but players can see otherwise. DEEPCOVER
  • In case it's not clear, you can only have one face on at a time. Switching requires and takes equilibrium.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    So, cat face makes you immune to ectoplasm? 
  • edited October 2016
    That's what it looks like, yes. To be fair, ectoplasm overhaul already neutered nihilists, so why not I guess...

There are some pretty nifty powers in there though! I do like how low the wakabi insanity healing power is- easy to get.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Wow.  There are some really nice powers there, but limiting to just one at a time is also a significant limiter (cannot see why you would ever use some of those powers when it blocks you from better ones).

Can we get these wonder items split into different help files yet?  Too many wonderitems.
  • Would be nice if the influencing-related buffs stacked at least
    Dang, that's not bad.