Mucklemarsh and the Bog Mother

I've been working on Mucklemarsh, helping the finks, on and off for about 5 months now. I've consulted notes that have been passed along to me. I've brought friends who might give me fresh insight, I've brought people who have done the quest years ago. I've bugged it, only to have the bug vanish without a word, and rebugged, and prayed, and now that I have discovered QUESTBUG is a thing, I am trying that. No matter what I do, I cannot get the Bog Mother to acknowledge that I've brought her the finks. After being all gung-ho for trying to do the aether epic and being forced to wait weeks, this played no small part in my decision to return to MKO. Alas, MKO is gone and I am back, and it's been rebugged for a month, with no word, yet again. 

Am I missing something? Has anyone completed this quest in the last 6 months that could contact me and help me out?

Comments

• It's bugged and has been bugged.
  • Is this common for quests? I've tried doing a few honor quests, like the restaurant help one, and there haven't been enough mobs/items or mobs don't reply and I never know if I'm just a derp or if something is bugged, but I walk away after an hour or two feeling dumb and like I wasted time :(

Is there a way to see which quests are currently broken? I'd love to do more quests, but I don't have much play time, so I don't want to waste half my night if something is bugged.
  • Breandryn said:
    Is this common for quests? I've tried doing a few honor quests, like the restaurant help one, and there haven't been enough mobs/items or mobs don't reply and I never know if I'm just a derp or if something is bugged, but I walk away after an hour or two feeling dumb and like I wasted time :(

Is there a way to see which quests are currently broken? I'd love to do more quests, but I don't have much play time, so I don't want to waste half my night if something is bugged.
    On the dead alt, Tried three times twice with help. Got to stage three but failed because of ONE wrong move. i took too long.

The limiting factor is the rice. :( can the admin do something about this? Set re-spawn times shroter?

You need a whole team of helpers to get that one.
    is dead like the dodo
  • Breandryn said:
    Is this common for quests? I've tried doing a few honor quests, like the restaurant help one, and there haven't been enough mobs/items or mobs don't reply and I never know if I'm just a derp or if something is bugged, but I walk away after an hour or two feeling dumb and like I wasted time :(

I know the feeling. It would be awesome if there were a list somewhere of broken quests (probably not appropriate in game, maybe in the Wiki?) so that we don't waste time with broken quests, or give up on feasible ones.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Some quests are designed purposefully to make you wait for respawn--there aren't enough things you need in one go.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Everiine said:
    Some quests are designed purposefully to make you wait for respawn--there aren't enough things you need in one go.
    And some aren't; Xion was 3 creatures short of being able to complete in one go.  They added 3 more creatures to it, eventually.
  • Everiine said:
    Why is that? To gate the time required for completion? Better design seems like it would require multiple rounds of turn-ins (eg "Cool, that was enough sheep for this coat, but I also need pants, kthnxbai.") That way you get confirmation along the way that you are doing the quest correctly and nothing is broken/buggy/yoinked by someone else.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Breandryn said:
    Everiine said:
    Why is that? To gate the time required for completion? Better design seems like it would require multiple rounds of turn-ins (eg "Cool, that was enough sheep for this coat, but I also need pants, kthnxbai.") That way you get confirmation along the way that you are doing the quest correctly and nothing is broken/buggy/yoinked by someone else.
    Sometimes it's just up to the choice of the designer.  Like Frosticia; that one takes a couple rounds for some things, but if you know all the steps you can basically halve how long it takes to complete the quest by working on prepping future steps while waiting for mobs to come back and/or shuffle (you have to kill mobs AND influence those same mobs, for example).
  • Fair enough. I guess I'm just jaded by years of IRE games and am wary of questing, since a lot of quests have been bugged over the years - which I'm fine with. I don't mind if the quest is broken, I just wish there were a way to see "Yep, this is intended, not broken, you are doing things right."
  • Mucklemarsh works again. Thank you!
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The Hifarae Hills main quest is also one that needs multiple respawns. There are 4 thistleberries available at once, but you need 6 or 7 I think to complete the quest. This was even worse when the old Serenguard quest still existed, as it required a thistleberry as well, putting you further behind.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Are you tweaking all quests that require multi respawns to only require one?