General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• I just feel so bad seeing my cat in pain and frustrated by the cone , I know he will be fine but my poor little guy. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Just keep giving him the affection/medicine he needs. He will eventually forget the cone and just remember the feeling better.
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • Talan said:
    Just keep giving him the affection/medicine he needs. He will eventually forget the cone and just remember the feeling better.
    Yep, we had some cuddles earlier and got lots of purrs from it. Just hard to see the little guy like this.

Also, on a semi-related note, someone called the pet licensing people about my building and complained that there were pets unlicensed inside, including my unit, so now I need to bump up my days to take the dog in to the vet now so I can finish the licensing of him and the cat. Every time thus far I've tried to get the dogs shots done he has had an ear infection and we haven't been able to do it. Very frustrating.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Spoilered because this post talks about self-harming and I don't want to disturb anyone who isn't comfortable reading about that kind of thing.
    [spoiler]I got a proper scoring tool for my bread. It's amazing and sharp and it cuts beautifully through the dough. But I can't stop thinking about slicing through myself with it. I have this problem with all sharps. Even though I love to cook, I don't cook very often because every time I'm using a knife I'm plagued with these intrusive thoughts. I've never actually done it (my self-harm is limited to things like pulling my hair out and picking/scratching my skin), but god, it's especially bad with this thing. I almost convinced myself that "just a little bit" on the back of my hand would be ok, but managed to get control back before that nonsense took root. I spaced out and cut a ton of lines through a dinner roll instead. It's so sharp. I love it. It's perfect. I can't be near it.[/spoiler]
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    My old dog Errabundus has a tumor that the vet's only kind of half-heartedly monitored through his life, saying 'Bring him in if it changes rapidly.' Well, it bleeds and oozes now and is creeping closer to his eye week by week, but he's too old for anesthesia and the topical drops and antibiotic don't do much of anything. Really not looking forward to this slowly consuming his face before he dies.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • edited October 2016

I feel like I'm clutching my 'l33t equipment' just outside the newbie area after outgrowing it. I'm standing around holding a 'help! lost! info plz' sign while everyone else thunders by doing things and knowing exactly what to damnit all do. :/

--------------------

@Phoebus may you always be able to redirect these urges indefinitely until they disappear.
    is dead like the dodo
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Secret to life? We all feel like that. Some of us just pretend to know what we're doing.
  • edited October 2016
    games are easier in that sense. put in the time and the work, no matter how tiresome and difficult and you get -somewhere- ; best of all you can see yourself getting somewhere and know where you generally stand. :( Life just hands you a  'oh! oops! sorry you lost!' complimentary kick to the crotch, well after you've ...screwed up. :/
    is dead like the dodo
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    My co-workers have discovered that I am easy to scare while I am concentrating. Sometimes even with just a whisper.  :'(

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I hope they leave you alone enough to get your work done, otherwise I'd take it to your supervisors. It's all fun and games till it puts your job on the line.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Oh, they definitely just tease me with it. Things are a bit lax at my workplace, so I am also allowed to quietly curse at them after such scares. :) I just really do not like jump-scares.

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I bought some lovely fleece lined water resistant pants yesterday, which I was too stupid to wear because I looked at the weather this morning and went oh, high of 20 today going to feel like 26 today, I'll be fine in that if it rains and completely forgetting I work need water which means it's always colder and damper in the rain. Brrrr!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Rancoura said:
    Oh, they definitely just tease me with it. Things are a bit lax at my workplace, so I am also allowed to quietly curse at them after such scares. :) I just really do not like jump-scares.
    I loudly curse at mine when they do that, if a customer's nowhere around, and it's very therapeutic. Also slightly shocking the first time they hear quiet little me suddenly turn into a sailor. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • GPS day means I usually sit somewhere out in the open, usually a park, and guard our equipment while two coworkers go do the point taking. Apparently I'm being watched because a lady came up and started asking what I was doing and telling me about how her neighbour called to complain that survey people were here again (first time for our specific group and we're not even doing the park I'm sitting in). Said lady also ranted about the local college because I brought it up as the site were doing is just off their property. Also wondered why I wasn't doing anything more productive or constructive with my time because that was how she was raised.

Public interactions are unpleasant.

• edited October 2016
    Been seeing a lingering issue at work where Facebook integration is failing at various points. Over a month ago, I did a deep-dive into the failures and wrote up a big ticket in JIRA explaining all the permutations we are seeing errors with, including screenshots, console output, debug logs and behavior across various environments (eg 500 on internal test, error from FB on prod).

Cut to today. The pretty Russian girl submitted a 2 line duplicate bug on the same issue I've reported and it's already got like 15 comments from our product manager and devs investigating it.

Overall, I want our site to work well, but it's frustrating feeling like I'm talking into the wind. It likely is enhanced by my mental health issues distorting perception, but it feels like lately every time I attempt to contribute things (work, family, even in Lusternia), nobody notices or thinks it's worth listening to. It's making it hard to find motivation (I tend to be a proactive type) and I'm finding myself losing confidence (I mean, maybe I'm just saying stupid stuff and people are politely ignoring it?), and I feel myself retreating away and just burying myself in quiet, solitary work (or bashing, in the case of the game. Lots and lots of bashing).
  • edited October 2016
    Not only have I been broken into and lost all my electronics over two times to robbers, but I've also been informed that I need to start looking for a new job because my job will soon be obsolete. 

Thanks.

I'm not avoiding Lusty because I want to, folks. I would just be an emotional mess if I was to log on.

Edit- I really swear that I'm not this whiny. I'm just having a really, really awkward year and it has me riled up and constantly waiting for the next shoe to drop.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I feel like I need to apologize to the people Ev is a real ass to.

Only part of it is his character. He will irrationally defend his guildmates when he thinks they're being attacked, even if they aren't, because they're the only ones he trusts. He also highly distrusts the Moonhart Circle. Put them together, and I can take it overboard. My mental state doesn't help; I can be a real ass. Sometimes I realize it, and sometimes I don't. You can look back at that conversation and probably see the point I realized I was being a total ass.

So I'm sorry to those whose play time I made less fun tonight. I try to do better.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • @Everiine I just want to triple assure you that me resigning from Champ wasn't your fault or any sort of ragequit to anyone else who was in that discussion. I'm not really enjoying combat and I felt like I had to participate all the time because of the role (which I was a placeholder in anyways :P), so it was more of a choice for my own sanity.
  • It was really a bad time for it to happen and you probably ended up with some harsher words in response than usual. But I do maintain what I said in both an OOC and IC perspective: half the Seren leadership is new right now, it's going to be an adjustment period, and please don't blame the new for the perceived faults of the old. We're not bitter and jaded yet and we are quite sincere about wanting to improve things. :) 
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • .....aaaaaand I no longer have a job. Awsm. 
  • Oueli said:
    .....aaaaaand I no longer have a job. Awsm. 
    That really sucks, doesn't seem like they gave you a lot of notice. :(

• edited October 2016
    Oueli said:
    .....aaaaaand I no longer have a job. Awsm. 
    Holy crap, what? We just spoke while you were on lunch break!!! *hugs*

Honestly, I think you should sell your art skills in the interim. You're amazingly talented at that.
  • edited October 2016
    Yeah, it happened as soon as I got back from lunch, lady. 

I might start accepting orders for pixel avatars like I'm using right now, depending. 
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Sometimes I feel like I'm too angry these days.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Siam said:
    I know that feel. :(
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Phoebus said:
    Siam said:
    I know that feel. :(
    :( I just try so hard to keep my silence so I wouldn't unintentionally explode on someone.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I'm harboring a lot of anger, cynicism, mistrust, and hurt too. I know how you feel.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.