Artifact Ideas

Comments

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Karlach said:
    Mark of the Devout Hunter: Increases essence gains from offered corpses.

Influencers can offer exceptionally ridiculous amounts through levelled figurines, if there's no plan to nerf this, at least give bashers something for some sort of parity.

Could even be a multiple level artifact, with a larger bonus the higher the level of the mark.
    Hmm. I like this idea in essence, but I don't like that you'd need an artifact for hunting to have the same offering potential as influencing.

Spitballing, here: Perhaps there should be a crafted item for bashing, so everyone has access to it. An idol that collects the blood of your fallen enemies as you bash, or something, that acts as a multiplier for your corpse offerings as it powers up, and this multiplier decays over time if it's not empowered by further hunting. 

Would need to be able to only use one at a time, to avoid stacking a bunch in your inventory and empowering them all at once, or trying to stack multipliers. Maybe have to touch it or something to have it as your active idol, and it's the only one that counts for empowering/offering until you activate another.

Then you could sell rune artifacts to upgrade it, like raise the cap on the idol's multiplier by x%, or make the multiplier decay slower, or maybe never.
  • Well, part of the issue with offering corpses is getting to a shrine before they decay, drop from your death, etc. If we could have cheapy trinkets that let us offer remotely (like 50 credits per god?), I think you'd see people offering more on the fly (including enemy bodies) and getting more essence that way.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Breandryn said:
    Well, part of the issue with offering corpses is getting to a shrine before they decay, drop from your death, etc. If we could have cheapy trinkets that let us offer remotely (like 50 credits per god?), I think you'd see people offering more on the fly (including enemy bodies) and getting more essence that way.
    This already exists!

o Font of the Gods: 400 credits
      - Allows offering to your god from anywhere
      - TOUCH FONT to change its description to your god

A bit more expensive than 50cr, though.
  • Oh, that's cool! But, kinda expensive. I'm not in an order and rotate offerings. Can you shift which god it offers to?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The quote says "Your god," so the only way to shift it is by shifting orders.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    When you join an order, you can attune yoru prayer beads/font to one dedicated to your god by TOUCHing it. I remember when @Drocilla finished her prayer beads design I got a special godmote whispering at me to touch my beads again. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Pretty sure all that does is change the appearance; no matter what it looks like, it will do its job based on the order you're currently in (so if you switch orders and don't change the appearance, it's still going to function for the current order, not the previous one).

Note: I haven't tested this, but it makes sense given that even an "unattuned" one (no appearance set) still goes to the current order you're in.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    It was a while ago, but if memory serves when I first joined Drocilla's order and opened my prayer beads present, I tried to pray and it didn't go through until I touched the beads. 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Tremula said:
    It was a while ago, but if memory serves when I first joined Drocilla's order and opened my prayer beads present, I tried to pray and it didn't go through until I touched the beads. 
    I believe the first Order-attuned thing I bought (the font) worked regardless of whether or not I had touched it.  But that was quite a while ago now (and it didn't take long after that for Shikari to give it an appearance anyways).
  • Ok, this is a wild idea, but what if smaller, specialized ships were a thing? You could have different versions, like one built for speed and transport with extra flashpoint potential, one built for trading where you could link hulls with other ships, or one built for combat that can only go a tiny range from a main ship, but can be used to target other ships more effectively (eg aether dogfighters).
    Breandryn said:
    Ok, this is a wild idea, but what if smaller, specialized ships were a thing? You could have different versions, like one built for speed and transport with extra flashpoint potential, one built for trading where you could link hulls with other ships, or one built for combat that can only go a tiny range from a main ship, but can be used to target other ships more effectively (eg aether dogfighters).
    I'm kind of curious, but, can't you do this just by making a small aethership and not putting so many rooms on it?  Glom has a number of little "dogfighters" so to speak that are used as bombard ships.  We have a bunch of travelships, too (each with a different set of flashpoints, and pretty small so they're very very fast).
  • I guess. I was thinking it would be a tradeoff sort of specialty ship - you'd sacrifice the options for ship expansion for extra flashpoints, for example. The dogfighters would be better at combat, but vulnerable without other ships to protect them, etc.

I may have been watching Star Wars >_<
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Trademaster's Crest/Sigil/Signet: 25 credits.

Owning this artifact allows you to make designs without a cartel. Allows any trade to be designed. Only works for owner, only makes public designs which cost 10k gold. Does not allow you any other abilities such as crafting it yourself despite your current tradeskill, only allows design creation.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    hihihi. I always wanted a jar with all the toads I've ever made ( esp. as I sometimes don't get the stomp ) so this sounds like something similar / combinable maybe?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Thank you, @admins for the infinite zimoru artifact.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Aeldra said:
    hihihi. I always wanted a jar with all the toads I've ever made ( esp. as I sometimes don't get the stomp ) so this sounds like something similar / combinable maybe?
    Toad kill victims don't remain toads, they get squished then pop back to normal form looking a bit like Oberyn Martell.

Absolute yes to the skullchain tho.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Man i think wiccans deserve kill assist credit for making toads then having them sniped. 

• I wish we had shared kills here. It was such a fun feature in Imperian.
  • Lavinya said:
    Man i think wiccans deserve kill assist credit for making toads then having them sniped. 
    Yea Wiccans seem like they are just never going to get a team kill on their own unless they get super lucky
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Clearly wiccans must get a foot artifact that lets them stomp on top of casting toadcurse.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Siam said:
    Clearly wiccans must get a foot artifact that lets them stomp on top of casting toadcurse.
    Estarra's golden stiletto - Allows a higher chance of toadcurse equilibrium recovery, so you can stomp stomp stomp faster!
    The apple is cold, crisp, and sour as the juices fill your mouth. As you consume the fruit, you glimpse, for a moment, a massive, shadowy figure, Her snow-white hair framing a perfect, icy-eyed visage. Beneath you, a vast, perfect web of silken strands lies - and, for a moment, you realize that you too are part of it, weaver and strand both - and home.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Stable Hopper - holds up to 10 feeds. If your beast uses food from his or her feedbag, this artifact will automatically add one of the feed it holds. Each player may attune the hopper to a single beast stabled at the stable the hopper is attached to.

HOPPER DEPOSIT <feed>
    HOPPER ATTUNE <beast>
    HOPPER PURGE
    HOPPER FEE <#> - Owner only, sets a fee per feed charged to non-owners. Collected on deposit.
  • A perma true time enchantment so you dont have to keep winding it over and over.
  • Rune of the Manse Library (50cr) - bookcases do not take up space in the room. Only usable in a manse room.

Rune of the Bottomless Chest (50cr) - Have a chest to become bottomless, allowing it to store infinite number of items.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Deck of Cards:

Standard 52 card deck.

DECK DRAW PUBLIC: To spawn a card in the room that everyone can see.

DECK DRAW PRIVATE: Spawn a card in your inventory. Room knows that a card was drawn, but not which card.

Target cards with VALUESUIT (10hearts, kingspades, etc) so we don't have to target with item numbers. Every card should have a unique target noun.

If you wanted to be fancy, you could make probing produce ASCII images instead of normal descriptions. Would be neat to have aethergoop options with org-specific suits.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited November 2016
    I would love to play Spades with my Hallipeeps.  :o
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Daraius said:
    I would love to play Spades with my Hallipeeps.  :o
    Dibs on Spades Partners with the Dogfather.
  • 100% in on games of spades.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.