Aethergoop Scarves

Please give us feedback on abilities and costs before we activate them permanently!

• Blood Scarf - Inflict more damage on bleeding target (100 silk, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
  • Falcon Scarf - Summon a falcon that hits occasionally attacks denizens when you attack (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
  • Headless Scarf - Those killed by wearer of scarf will spend an extra 10 seconds in the death cycle (150 cloth, 75 aethergoop, 15000 gold per charge)
  • Rainbow Scarf - Send colourful tells when worn (20 silk, 20 aethergoop, 1000 gold per charge)
  • Fire Scarf - Whip target for fire damage to target (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
  • Cannibal Scarf - Eat heads for sustenance when worn (20 cloth, 20 aethergoop, 1000 gold per charge)
  • Vampiric Scarf - Whip target for damage, heal self (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
  • Heavy Scarf - Whip target who then has delayed movement (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
  • Shifting Scarf - Whip target and which lowers stat (health/mana/ego), raises another (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
  • Armoured Scarf - When worn, armour gets +2% resist (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
I'm actually going to have Iosai weigh in on the feedback tomorrow since she coded them and will be able to answer more specifics.

Comments

• When you say 'X gold per charge' what exactly does this mean? Does this mean you have X gold at the time of creation or can you use the gold at anytime or is it like an enchantment that holds charges that you just add by paying gold?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    We need the numbers from Iosai, then we can provide better input!
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    I guess these things function like magic items and utilize charges? How many charges do you get and how do you continue to recharge them as a non-tailor? Or am I misunderstanding?

Also, are you able to use multiple scarves at the same time?
  • How many scarves can be owned/used at once?
  • Things I'd like to know:

-Blood scarf - how much more damage
    -Falcon scarf - damage and proc chance in comparison to say the fireball spring candy
    -Rainbow scarf - do we get to choose the colours and is it just the basic 16 colours
    -Fire scarf - how much damage and how much bal/eq does it cost
    -Vampiric scarf - how much damage and how much bal/eq does it cost
    -Heavy scarf - how long does this last on the target and what is the delay
    -Shifting scarf - Do we get to choose and what is the bonus/malus (keep in mind that in the x/y system maluses are taken off from the total of bonuses, so this will likely be a net negative to the target)

-Also it looks like some of these will be defences. How long do they last?

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    To add to the Vampiric scarf question, what's the percentage that you heal for?
    Rivius said:
    I guess these things function like magic items and utilize charges? How many charges do you get and how do you continue to recharge them as a non-tailor? Or am I misunderstanding?

They are consumable one-use devices like candies, according to Estarra.  You "recharge" them by buying another scarf (the "charge" wording is confusing).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    That is...unfortunate...
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Xenthos said:
    Rivius said:

They are consumable one-use devices like candies, according to Estarra.  You "recharge" them by buying another scarf (the "charge" wording is confusing).
    So each scarf is a defense that drops when you die or qq?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Shaddus said:
    Xenthos said:
    Rivius said:

So each scarf is a defense that drops when you die or qq?
    We do not know what the duration is, that is why we have to wait on Iosai for details before we can really offer any input.
    I'd like to suggest (and I'm sure this will be popular or unpopular depending on your trade ) that pending more information on scarves, the goop price either get raised or the cooking goop items have their prices lowered.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited November 2016
    A slight tangent, but make these and the cooking candies able to be sold in shops. They can work like books.

Also, while the cannibal scarf is amusing, I doubt it will see much use beyond rp.

Instead, how about a scarf that instead allows you to eat player corpses (giving you a short lived, stacking regen buff), a less powerful version of Crowform's healing when you slay a denizen, or allows you to rip the face from a player corpse and wear it (no other use beyond a line in appearance. {He wears wears a badly ripped face resembling Eventru over his own})
  • Personally, I think this is a great idea for a gold sink. The only problem is the goop cost for every charge. With the daily goop throttle, you'll get around 0.75 charges every day, assuming you hit the throttle from free goop based rewards every day.

Which means people will run out of goop far faster than they'll run out of gold, which also means it's hardly going to be a good gold sink.

Perhaps a more equitable balance would be a higher upfront goop cost for a scarf, and make the scarf permanent, and then significantly smaller goop costs per re-charge. The comm/gold costs can stay, of course. Something like 10x the above goop charges for the item, and then 1 goop (for the 20 goop per use items) or 3 goop (for the 60 goop per use items) everytime you wear the scarf.

• Or well, whatever is more reasonable than 1 and 3 goop. If it's a defense that lasts a set amount of time, perhaps 3 and 9? or 4 and 12? 20 and 60 are just a tad bit too expensive, I feel.

• 60 goop so trade value is about 4 credits per use which is pretty pricey.
  • I like the substantive cost, but if the price remains as posted I think it should last through death and be a month-ish long blessing just like the vitals blessings are. I would personally prefer a goop, or gold equivalent cost, instead of both.

It's hard to say until we get the numbers though.
  • Breandryn said:
    How many scarves can be owned/used at once?
    QFE. In my most humble opinion this is the question that needs answering first.
  • You can use any/all goop scarves at the same time.

• Blood Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes. Gives +1/10 universal damage buff per 100 bleeding, but I need to clarify something with Est on this.
    • Falcon Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes. Falcon will attack once every 10 seconds, does about 20% of a normal attack (but counts as an attack from you, so could get crits).
    • Headless Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes. Phoenix lockout/conglut/lich/etc take 10 seconds longer.
    • Rainbow Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes. Tells you send will be a random colour to you/recipient.
    • Fire Scarf - WHIP SCARF <target> for base 60% target health, plus a small base+random amount. 8s balance.
    • Cannibal Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes. Allows EAT <head> to restore 75% health/mana/ego. 
    • Vampiric Scarf - WHIP SCARF <target> for base 33% target health, plus a small base+random amount. Restores 50% of damage dealt as health. 5s balance.
    • Heavy Scarf - WHIP SCARF <target> gives a 1 second delay to target for the next 60 seconds when they try to move normally. 5s balance.
    • Shifting Scarf - ...
    • Armoured Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes, gives +2% to worn armour.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ummmm

Can we change the fire scarf? 60%+ damage is crazy big. (like you'd just use it if person was <= 60% health to kill them, so who cares about balance?)

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Synkarin said:
    Ummmm

Can we change the fire scarf? 60%+ damage is crazy big. (like you'd just use it if person was <= 60% health to kill them, so who cares about balance?)

Or like just two people do it and the persons instantly dead. Its like double targeted unleash
  • Heavy Scarf looks like it's going to make it really easy to gank midbies. 60 seconds would be an awfully long time to be hobbled like that with no way of curing it.
  • I assume eating heads has no balance or cooldown either. That'd be pretty crazy if you have a decent store of them.
  • edited November 2016
    tbh I'm just going to make 400 scarves and spam them if they're anything like this on release.

(Also poor armoured scarf lul)
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Shedrin said:
    I assume eating heads has no balance or cooldown either. That'd be pretty crazy if you have a decent store of them.

Yaro was saying, let an ally kill you to farm heads before a major tournament or ascension then use the heads to be immune to mana/damage kills.

Or just 2x firescarf everyone to death instantly.
  • edited November 2016
    A few need tweaking, please. Let's not trend toward necessity of these things for combat.

Fire scarf should simply not exist. 7000++ damage hit for any amount of recovery time is game unbalancing. That seems like a 0p single target unleash staff..

Vampire scarf is also too much, even as a single use item for the 4000+ potential hit. Also, if you are attacking, most likely you are not low on health in a significant way, so the heal is mostly useless.

Heavy scarf.. need to think more on it but it seems excessive.

The rest look great!
  • edited November 2016
    Fire/Heavy scarf are also once per month, forgot to mention.

Happy to scale up/down any numbers as necessary. Fire brought down to 45% for now.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Iosai said:
    • Blood Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes. Gives +1/10 universal damage buff per 100 bleeding, but I need to clarify something with Est on this.

Considering the nature of some of these scarves, this one is exceptionally underwhelming. The only way this would be viable would be to either A: Make it increase all damage done by x% per y bleeding outside of the buff levels (don't do this) or B: Make it deal a flat amount of damage per x amount of bleeding, similar to pureblade twist (this would probably be more balanced)

• Falcon Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes. Falcon will attack once every 10 seconds, does about 20% of a normal attack (but counts as an attack from you, so could get crits).
    So 360 extra attacks assuming you have no downtime. This is actually one of my favourite in terms of cost vs balance, while remaining something useful.

• Headless Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes. Phoenix lockout/conglut/lich/etc take 10 seconds longer.
    I assume vitae and other instant pop up effects bypass this?

• Fire Scarf - WHIP SCARF <target> for base 60% target health, plus a small base+random amount. 8s balance.
    This needs to either be denizen only or have severely reduced damage vs other players, the balance does not counter the excessive burst capabilities brought by this, you simply remove a key person from engagements in two hits. Please rethink this one and potentially shelve it until it's been redesigned.

• Cannibal Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes. Allows EAT <head> to restore 75% health/mana/ego. 
    Please give head eating a timer like all other cures, I like the concept of this, I don't like the idea of being able to tank a small army of players by spamming "eat head"

• Vampiric Scarf - WHIP SCARF <target> for base 33% target health, plus a small base+random amount. Restores 50% of damage dealt as health. 5s balance.
    I'd rather see this one as a fixed total of damage (and potentially raise the % of damage dealt as healing to compensate) reasons being that you rarely go for the tankiest players first, yet to use this and still contribute in group damage you'll not be getting the most out of its potential usage.

Also make sure that, if it's possible, overkill damage counts towards the heal effect.

• Heavy Scarf - WHIP SCARF <target> gives a 1 second delay to target for the next 60 seconds when they try to move normally. 5s balance.
    This isn't going to be as effective as you hope, most of the time now chases end with someone hitting a magical teleporter out of the area, there's some situational usage, but as people noticed, this will mostly be a newbie killer.

UNLESS you allow this to be used in peaced revolts. Oh please let this be used in peaced revolts.
    • Armoured Scarf - Lasts 60 minutes, gives +2% to worn armour.
    This is absolutely awful in comparison to everything else. Would rather have a stronger proc effect on taking damage throughout the hour, such as a % chance to reduce any single hit taken by 25-50%. While sometimes acquiring various small bonuses and putting them all together makes for an overall greater effect, this really isn't worth the investiture and hasn't a great deal to stack with.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Once a month certainly makes it better.

Does the heavy scarf work like gravity? Affecting almost every kind of movement from leaping to climbing to entering portals and such?

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • Heavy scarf works in the same way as mud/geo gunk/quicksand/dreadsong/maze/gravity etc.