Aethergoop Scarves

Comments

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    edited November 2016
    Estarra said:
    Please give us feedback on abilities and costs before we activate them permanently!

• Blood Scarf - Inflict more damage on bleeding target (100 silk, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
    • Falcon Scarf - Summon a falcon that hits occasionally attacks denizens when you attack (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
    • Headless Scarf - Those killed by wearer of scarf will spend an extra 10 seconds in the death cycle (150 cloth, 75 aethergoop, 15000 gold per charge)
    • Rainbow Scarf - Send colourful tells when worn (20 silk, 20 aethergoop, 1000 gold per charge)
    • Fire Scarf - Whip target for fire damage to target (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
    • Cannibal Scarf - Eat heads for sustenance when worn (20 cloth, 20 aethergoop, 1000 gold per charge)
    • Vampiric Scarf - Whip target for damage, heal self (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
    • Heavy Scarf - Whip target who then has delayed movement (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
    • Shifting Scarf - Whip target and which lowers stat (health/mana/ego), raises another (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
    • Armoured Scarf - When worn, armour gets +2% resist (100 cloth, 60 aethergoop, 10000 gold per charge)
    I'm actually going to have Iosai weigh in on the feedback tomorrow since she coded them and will be able to answer more specifics.
    How long does the falcon buff last? Until logout?

edit:

NVM 
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited November 2016
    Can we make the heavy scarf work on *bixes too. It'd make it more appealing.

Also make more of these more than once per hour if you want it to be more popular. I'd be down if the monthly cool down became hourly too.
  • The rainbow scarf is definitely appealing from a RP/special-snowflake angle (a few people I know have already shown excitement), but I don't know if the cost/duration is worth it. A full RL day or so, maybe.
  • Even with the change, what is to stop 3 people from using a fire scarf each to kill someone in one go?
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Ayisdra said:
    Even with the change, what is to stop 3 people from using a fire scarf each to kill someone in one go?
    Nothing.

The once per month makes it more selective though. It's wasteful to burn it without it being something worthwhile to achieve. 

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    If three people each want to spend 10k gold to kill one person, once a Lusternian day or month, I say go for it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    If three people each want to spend 10k gold to kill one person, once a Lusternian day or month, I say go for it.
    That's less than 2 minutes harvesting sparkleberries. I totally agree that at 1/month it's not going to break the game, but I also don't think it's a lot of outlay for an effortless and practically unstoppable instant kill. I've seen people throw bf's over less than 130% health damage bursts. Heck, I've thrown some myself ;)

Yet on balance, I agree with the sentiment of your post. This isn't as bad as it initially looked.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Random thought: should probably be b& in the arena/Wargames/War Seal competitions since on-use buffs/items are refunded/reset afterwards. In those cases, 30k to turn a 3v3 into a 3v2 is perhaps less than ideal. 
    I'm not gonna die to fire scarf especially at 45% not taking into account resistances/buffs/latency/etc. 

Any half decent team in war is gonna know how to save their team from getting damaged down . Healer/gust/shield/etc.  scarves aren't introducing some new tactic guys, its just damage . 

I would like to say I would have war event experience ,  so trust me.

I will say that of people want to spend 50k gold for a chance to kill me, go for it though . 
    Does the fire scarf take into account resistances?

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I assume it takes into accounts buffs as well as its fire damage?
  • I know there's a lot of discussion on effects, especially fire scarf, but not so much on the costs. Are we good with the goop/comm/gold costs?
  • @Estarra - I think rainbow is too expensive for the short duration. It's pure flavor, so it would make more sense to last longer (redeffing for RP seems odd).
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Estarra said:
    I know there's a lot of discussion on effects, especially fire scarf, but not so much on the costs. Are we good with the goop/comm/gold costs?
    Well, I personally detest consumable items, but I do not think that helps you much since it is the entire premise of the things. :P
  • Really think that Fire, Vampiric and even Cannibal are still way too strong.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I enjoy the idea of changing them from being consumed to being more price-heavy upon making, and lasting significantly longer/permanently, then using a tailor to charge it like you would have an enchanter charge rings.

Have them spend goop/gold each time (perhaps make it an option to SEW SCARF (THREAD) <type> <person> to use their gold/goop with an ACCEPT feature for convenience?) to sew in another goop-thread that will add a charge. As someone pointed out, the numbers for this would have to be altered to meet any throttles, but it's a good idea for a sink.

I am also heavily in favour of the idea that things that exist for RP flavour should, by nature, be less expensive than those used consistently for combat. You have a niche audience who are willing to fork over their precious goop (that they likely don't earn nearly as much of due to generally spending less on the game than a combatant) for this item, so why punish them for wanting to invest and show their support?
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • edited November 2016
    Estarra said:
    I know there's a lot of discussion on effects, especially fire scarf, but not so much on the costs. Are we good with the goop/comm/gold costs?
    Cost is kind of hard to judge when the effects are going to change, you need to pin down the effects first before people can agree to a good cost @Estarra
  • I don't really care what the costs are for some of the scarves. The effects are so strong that when it matters people will be using them regardless of cost. I'm really not keen on powers that are pay-per-use combined with being as powerful as currently proposed. Artifacts I can accept but I feel this is going way too far into the pay-to-win territory.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    I like the concept of eating up commodities as a means of purchasing these, it makes them more accessible to the playerbase and allows for people to get involved.

As to the exact numbers, that depends on any final iteration of each scarf. For example the coloured text and armour ones are currently more expensive than they're actually worth.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I really like the rainbow scarf idea. I'd want to make it and use it, but I concur with others that it's a bit pricey for such short duration. I'd be happier if it at least lasted until logout. 
  • Here are the updated functions, please feel free to review and comment.

Blood Red Defence, lasts until logout. You do more damage to others the more you are bleeding. (+1/10 universal damage buff per 100 bleeding)
    Falcon Defence, lasts 60 minutes. Summon a falcon, occationally hits other mobs you are bashing. Attacks every 10 seconds, does approx 20% a normal hit - counts as normal player attack for, e.g. criticals.
    Headless Defence, lasts 60 minutes. Increases death respawn timers (lich, conglut, phoenix etc) for players killed by wearer by 10 seconds.
    Rainbow Defence, lasts until logout (through death). Tells send by players wearing this scarf will be a rainbow colour.
    Fire Attack, instant, limit one per IG month. WHIP SCARF <target>: base damage 60% target's current health, 8s balance. Once per IG month.
    cannibal Cure, instant, limit once per IG day. Eat the decapitated head or shrunken head of a player for a health/mana regain like the toadstool. (restores 75% h/m/e)
    Vampiric Attack, instant, limit once per IG day. WHIP SCARF <target>: Does damage to target, heals attacker. 5s balance.
    Heavy Attack, instant, limit once per IG month. WHIP SCARF <target>: cause the person to have 1s delayed movement for 60 seconds. 5s balance.
    Shifting Defence, lasts 60 minutes. Lowers one of health/mana/ego by 1/6 point, raises another random one by 2/6. Changes approx every 15 minutes.
    Armoured Defence, lasts until logout (through death). Your armour has +5% resistance. Once per IG month.
    Is the Fire scarf back up to 60%? I think it's much better at 45%

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    edited November 2016
    Blood scarf will never get used due to most systems auto curing clot to zero.

And it's unlikely you'll see people focus on a work around due to the risk of pureblades.

Edit: See previous question regarding vitae and other instant revive effects on the headless scarf. also the 5% resistance tooltip could do with clarification regarding resistance to what, damage types? Summoning?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• @Iosai for the Shifting one, Is it possible to target yourself and target others, the original post said target like it was an attack that you use on other people?  And is it possible to stack?
  • It's back to 60%, tentatively, but working off of current health rather than max health, so it will naturally scale down as multiple people use it in a short timespan.
    Oh, I missed current health - that sounds good, Thanks

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • edited November 2016
    Karlach said:
    Blood scarf will never get used due to most systems auto curing clot to zero.

And it's unlikely you'll see people focus on a work around due to the risk of pureblades.
    Systems could easily be updated to toggle this behaviour to maintain a favourable level of bleeding to maximise the cost/risk:benefit ratio.
    A pureblade only needs a few hundred bleed to make your life hell with a twist chain.

Either you're going to be very low bleeding for a buff that isn't worth it, or painting a very large target on your back.

It's the kind of risk/reward I see people avoiding.

Cannibal and armoured are now pretty nice. death one is useful tool for the rare conflict event. Will try to get those IMO. Rest is meh.
  • I think blood red scarf will work well for monks. They can stop the bleeding with haemophilia + dust stack and/or stuns or whatever else. For warriors, less useful, but could have some impact in groups.

The blood red and Armoured scarves can be permanent if you never log out? I'd make them time-based.