Aethergoop Scarves

Comments

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    edited November 2016
    It'll be fun till they get a rep for it then get a taste if their own medicine.

Ultimately if people want to use them for trivial matters, so be it.

Also I probably should have asked this earlier but, are these player only or do they work on denizens?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• These are player-only.
  • Kind of figured they'd be PK only, but it would be amusing to see it used to take down things like the cloier and stuff.
  • Yeah I'm with Lerad. They're strong but probably won't decide War challenges. It would just be really lame to have it used against you because it would feel like someone just paid a few credits to (make it much easier to) kill you once.
  • The interplay isn't very exciting because the limitations and use aren't anything you can really affect if you are the target. Most skills have interplay and counters and that's what makes them fun. Huge damage isn't particularly compelling or fun.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Yes, there's an argument that it's not fun, but that's a different argument from it being OP.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Iosai said:
    These are player-only.
    Damnit, there goes sneaky supermob raiding!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Fire scarf 1: 40%!
    Fire scarf 2: 16%!
    Fire scarf 3: 6.4%!
    Reactive triggers!  Supernal fullheals!  100%!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    @Iosai you said -regardless- of where it's used. Does that include non-event arenas? If I were to get one and try it out in an arena, would the cooldown be consumed? I'm fine with that, I'd just like it obviously stated for anyone who's going to spend the stuff for this.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Tremula said:
    @Iosai you said -regardless- of where it's used. Does that include non-event arenas? If I were to get one and try it out in an arena, would the cooldown be consumed? I'm fine with that, I'd just like it obviously stated for anyone who's going to spend the stuff for this.
    Yes. There is no extra tracking on these items - you can use it anywhere, but it's still going to use your normal cooldown and consume the commodities spent on creating in - whether normal game, arena event, ascension, whatever.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    How about a scarf that slows mob healing? For instance, mobs that "lifeleech" or mobs that can heal themselves only heal for a fraction of the usual amount if they've been struck by someone wearing this scarf in the last 6 seconds.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Scarves are live!
    • Blood Scarf - Cause more bleeding/bruising
    • Falcon Scarf - Summoned falcon hits denizens
    • Headless Scarf - Those killed respawn slower 
    • Rainbow Scarf - Colourful tells (BEST ON 256 COLOUR CLIENT)
    • Fire Scarf - Fire damage to target
    • Cannibal Scarf - Eat heads for sustenance
    • Vampiric Scarf - Heal when clotting
    • Heavy Scarf - Target has delayed movement
    • Shifting Scarf - Raises one stat, lowers another
    • Armoured Scarf - Armour gets +5% resist

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What's the ratio of the vampiric scarf heal? Is it 1:1? It's a 60 minute buff usable once a month, right?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited November 2016
    The Vampiric scarf lasts 60 minutes and returns 1 health for every 2 bleed/bruise healed.
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Thanks @Iosai. Once it expires, it can just be raised again, correct?
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Correct!
  • What was the reasoning for why fire scarf needed to do such high damage? Why not make it stronger destruction on a normal timer per charge?  

What is the intended hole this fills?  1 aeon song and firewhip is a death blow basically. This WILL turn war seals if people focus for it.  

Firewhip the bard songer and ranged damage can kill.
    Lol no, I'll  bet war seal credits that it won't do much of anything.
  • Love the rainbow scarf idea, wish it last longer. When you say logout, does that go for disconnects as well?  

🌈💕✨💖

• The help file says rainbow scarf is 60 mins. Is that a typo?
  • Breandryn said:
    The help file says rainbow scarf is 60 mins. Is that a typo?
    Yes
  • edited November 2016
    OK, so I sent Xypher a rainbow scarf for his IG birthday. Here's what it looks like in action:

I'm thinking I may be missing some color range here. How do I check if I'm using the 256 display mentioned in the post? Is that a client-side setting?
  • Yeah, ouch. You need a white background to read that.

• The green is the worst for me, as it blends in as the same color as my prompt.
  • I'm on Mudlet and when they tested it on me it looked pretty good.
  • Oh, yes I wasn't criticizing the scarf. I just need to figure out how to adjust my own settings on CMUD, I think, if there's not a CONFIG I am missing in game.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    So...is the goop cost per charge, or just to make the scarf and then gold to add charges?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    per charge
  • Breandryn said:
    OK, so I sent Xypher a rainbow scarf for his IG birthday. Here's what it looks like in action:

I'm thinking I may be missing some color range here. How do I check if I'm using the 256 display mentioned in the post? Is that a client-side setting?
    You need a client which supports xterm-256, and then to CONFIG XTERM ON.

It looks a lot nicer with a better colour range.
  • Now I have seen it, I want that rainbow one so much! I need more colour in my life