Server Migration

edited November 2016 in Common Grounds
Lusternia (and all of IRE) will be migrating to (harder?) better, faster (stronger?) servers this Friday 11th November 2016 to support a number of backend changes. This migration is planned to occur at 0800 GMT (0300 EST / 0000 PST) and may last for up to three hours, though we anticipate it will be complete far more quickly.

The forums will not be affected by this work so we will use it to communicate any updates or issues that may need to be given.

Lusternia's new IP address will be 67.202.114.7, but we will be updating DNS records as part of the migration so you should not need to do anything as long as you connect via lusternia.com.

Comments

• The server is live if anyone wants to log in and try to break Lusternia!
  • So he stuff done on the new server will be wiped on Friday? I'm confused.
  • Yes. When the games are shut down on Friday for the migration, data from the live (current) game will be moved to the new server, overwriting everything there.
  • What are the specs for the new servers? Or are you moving onto "The Cloud"?

• May the migration be successful and smooth!

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Havastus said:
    What are the specs for the new servers? Or are you moving onto "The Cloud"?
    SSDs, more RAM, faster processors, etc etc. No more details than that. :)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Well, logged into the new server and contested Rideta for Warlord. Let's see if I win.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Well, logged into the new server and contested Rideta for Warlord. Let's see if I win.
    brb voting for myself
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • We are on the move! No issues so far, everything on track. :smile:
  • Trying to reconnect on mudlet but it keeps automatically looking at the old IP address. Do I have to make a new profile?
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I am not sure they're done yet. They said they'll update where lusternia.com points when they're done, so I would stay tuned till there's confirmation it's back up.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Did you leave the settings page in Nexus behind....

I just get:

Index of /settings

ICONameLast modifiedSizeDescription

PARENTDIRParent Directory  -  
    actions.js2016-10-14 19:29 40K 
    DIRjquery-ui/2016-10-14 19:29 -  
    main.js2016-10-14 19:29 26K 
    objects.js2016-10-14 19:29 52K 
    TXTpreview.html2016-10-14 19:29 6.8K 

Apache/2.4.10 (Debian) Server at client.lusternia.com Port 80

I miss them all

• All fixed!
  • Thank you!!!!!
  • I've noticed some lag spikes since the migration. Are these related to the changes, or just coincidental?