Things an Achaea player should know?

2»

Comments

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Yep, that's how they work!
  • Speaking as one of the game's guildhoppers, I have to agree: Your guild is very important on several levels (although I can't claim all of them are equally important to me). Unfortunately, it can take way beyond novicehood to fully fathom your first guild and decide whether it was the right choice. As for the option to switch guilds, the fact that some people make use of it often does not diminish the impact of the choice. And switching guilds is pretty costly, especially if you want to increase your potential with artifacts each time, too.

I believe the power system hasn't been mentioned yet. I don't know the other IRE games, really, but I think Lusternia's power system is unique amongst them:
    Many powerful skills will, in addition to any mana, ego or health drain, cost between 1 and 10 power, 10 being the maximum amount you have available at any time, meaning a skill costing 10 power would use up all of your power at once, restricting you to more basic skills until you regenerate some. You regain power at a rate of 1 per 8 seconds (I think), and it is drawn from your personal reserves, which can comprise a total of 200 power normally (enhanceable by certain means). These reserves can be recharged in several ways, the most common being linking to your home organisation's nexus of power.
  • Veyrzhul said:
    You regain power at a rate of 1 per 8 seconds (I think)
    I know it's variable depending on your skill in Discipline, but I don't know the values.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    10 seconds per 1 power at Trans Discipline. Significantly slower at lower levels.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • I always had the impression it scaled from 14/16s down to 8s at trans, but I never timed it properly.

• EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    I believe it's 8s. I currently have 9s at Mythical.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    I regenerate power instantly. Provided I have REFRESH POWER(harhar) - but yes! That's one of the many demi perks. Demigods and Ascendants have a lot of shiny things to play with. :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• edited April 2013
    Oh, yeah. When you hit level 99 and 100 in Lusternia, you don't become a dragon like in Achaea; you become a titan at level 99 and a demigod at level 100, basically strengthening the spark of divinity within every mortal until you've reached a state close to divinity. Instead of gaining experience, you instead gain essence which you can spend to purchase various divine abilities ranging from the cosmetic (like custom enter messages) to the practical (like stat boosts, divine fire, instant refreshing, and a second active trade skill). If you're in an Order, you can become an Avatar of your particular god or goddess and even form a cult around yourself.

There are also vernal ascendants and true ascendants, which are similar to demigods. A mortal can be raised to become a vernal ascendant if their city or commune chooses them and imbues them with 2 million power from the org's nexus to raise them to vernal ascendancy. If a vernal ascendant ever leaves their city or commune, though, they lose their ascendant powers. A true ascendant, on the other hand, is someone who claims the Staff of Ascension during the Ascension Trials. They never lose their powers, but it's a pretty difficult thing to achieve and (for the most part) you have to pick an entirely new name for yourself that traditionally involves y's and in's, such as Ilyarin and Akyaevin. Or Fillin, haha.

All these different types of demigods show up on QW with different-colored names, the same way that gods, ephemerals, and guides do. However, they are still players and essentially mortals; they're not staff like the gods are.

You wouldn't think this would be such a big deal, especially when you're first starting out, but I just remember an Achaean friend of mine who tried out Lusternia and absolutely hated it because of all the different colors of names on QW. He's usually a very smart, flexible guy too, but he just couldn't get used to the existence of "demigods" who aren't actually gods, let alone the various flavors of demigod available. Apparently, it was just too confusing for him for "gods" not to be staff, possibly because in Achaea demigods are promoted Celani on their way to full godhood. So yeah, titans and demigods in Lusternia are equivalent to dragons in Achaea, but less scaly and more divine.

Edit: By the way, I'm speaking as someone who hasn't even reached level 90 yet. Sorry if I missed anything important about demigodhood that should be mentioned!
    Avatar created by the amazing Feyrll.
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    You won't get insta destroyed by walking piles of artifacts here like you will in Achaea.
  • Irillia said:
    Oh, yeah. When you hit level 99 and 100 in Lusternia, you don't become a dragon like in Achaea; you become a titan at level 99 and a demigod at level 100, basically strengthening the spark of divinity within every mortal until you've reached a state close to divinity. Instead of gaining experience, you instead gain essence which you can spend to purchase various divine abilities ranging from the cosmetic (like custom enter messages) to the practical (like stat boosts, divine fire, instant refreshing, and a second active trade skill). If you're in an Order, you can become an Avatar of your particular god or goddess and even form a cult around yourself.

There are also vernal ascendants and true ascendants, which are similar to demigods. A mortal can be raised to become a vernal ascendant if their city or commune chooses them and imbues them with 2 million power from the org's nexus to raise them to vernal ascendancy. If a vernal ascendant ever leaves their city or commune, though, they lose their ascendant powers. A true ascendant, on the other hand, is someone who claims the Staff of Ascension during the Ascension Trials. They never lose their powers, but it's a pretty difficult thing to achieve and (for the most part) you have to pick an entirely new name for yourself that traditionally involves y's and in's, such as Ilyarin and Akyaevin. Or Fillin, haha.
    Demigods aren't 'close' to divinity, heh - closer than mere mortals, maybe, but they're a pale comparison. It's like saying a pebble is close to a mountain - compared to a grain of sand, yes. The same is true of Ascendants, though they're far much more so than demigods (a boulder compared to a pebble compared to a grain of sand - still no Everest!).
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited April 2013
    <P>Behold, puny sand grains, for I am boulder.</P>
    <P> </P>
    <P>Edit; out of curiosity, where do Avatars fall in the hierarchy of mortaldom?</P>
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I had the opposite reaction; I tried Achaea and I just could not get used to all the colours -everywhere-. I'd walk into a city and be under an assault more violent than Eventru could ever dream of achieving.

Back then Lusternia was much less colourful, though. I'm sure the difference is much smaller now.
  • Xenthos said:
    I had the opposite reaction; I tried Achaea and I just could not get used to all the colours -everywhere-. I'd walk into a city and be under an assault more violent than Eventru could ever dream of achieving. Back then Lusternia was much less colourful, though. I'm sure the difference is much smaller now.
    You obviously have never seen what I'm capable of. I'll have to find those old scripts. :)
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I am also much more desensitized to such things now, especially after playing with leprechaun pots.

Once upon a time I was an IRE-innocent. Can you believe it?
  • She beat me to it. :( I have one that makes it all yellows, browns, whites and bright white, too. :p Ho ho.
  • ElanorwenElanorwen The White Falconess
    I just... loved Tulemrah's reaction there.

Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Celina said:
    You won't get insta destroyed by walking piles of artifacts here like you will in Achaea.
    Maybe -you- won't--some of us still do.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • edited April 2013
    Siam said:
    @Isune - I've been wondering - what if that merit place got him to the next rank for Bardics? Will he get the rank bonus?
    Credits are awarded based on the higher placing, not the higher ranking. It is recommended that players submit in one category per month to avoid these complications.

EDIT: @Ushaara, a girl has to make her entrance. -hairflip-
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice

Isune said:
    Siam said:
    @Isune - I've been wondering - what if that merit place got him to the next rank for Bardics? Will he get the rank bonus?
    Credits are awarded based on the higher placing, not the higher ranking. It is recommended that players submit in one category per month to avoid these complications.

EDIT: @Ushaara, a girl has to make her entrance. -hairflip-
    Thanks! :)
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Some of us guildhop with some reason... I know I've jumped around a lot, but Hiriako's always been solidly in Serenwilde, and followed some theme and focus with his movement from place to place within the forest. Then again, until modern times he only guildhopped once, and in modern times his focus has been far more on commune than guild, as predicated by his lengthy run as CL.

In the end, Lusternia's a vastly more complex and intriguing place than any other IRE I've stepped foot in. There's a lot to do, a lot to learn about, and a lot to cherish.