General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• I have the rest of the week off as per doctors orders, plus back in physio.  :#

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Ordassa, I've read your designs. I know you mean well, but you tend to make the most obvious mistakes. No periods in your dropped, for instance. 

I get it. Trust me, I get it. I've had designs rejected for something, and when I fixed it with the suggested fix, it was rejected and the comments said I should return it to how I had it in the first place. I've been designing for over ten years on various characters, and things change all the time. Be patient, and when people offer to help you in your cartel, for the love of Mike, take them up on it. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    What you also need to consider (and this is going to be harsh) is that you don't make the rules. The Charites make the rules, and they can change them as they see fit. It may not be "fair", but it's their party and they can make you cry if they want to. If they want to hold to certain standards, all you can really do is hope to change their mind. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • There are actually a couple of spellchecks when submitting a design. Mostly basic "you need to use British english, peasant", but also some common spelling errors. Not a full-fledged spellchecker, but at least something.
  • edited November 2016
    @Shaddus I haven't got a problem with the charites correcting my -very- obvious mistakes nor am i unaware that they make the rules. i -really- haven't got a problem with either of these two things. My grammar and writing skills are a rustier than great-grand paw's old mechanical pacemaker. I need to be reminded of basic grammar rules to make me a better writer. :(

When I wrote that post, i was irritated with the flaws on the editor's side of the design system and I still am. I will not go into details here. :)

When they do make  an internal rule, -make- it clear to the rest of us. Saves us from inconsistant editing and tearing headaches.

P.s I do intend on taking up your offer, i just have to finish the designs in my design queue

--------------------------------------------------------

@Ssaliss yep, that's great. Most of the editing conflcits come from 'potayto' and 'potaho' stylistic choices. from different view points. (what shaddus said about having to edit a design to correct a mistake and then having to return it to the original. pectus - 'a pumpkin is a squash')
  • I do agree that the system is a bit clunky. Design requesting is a headache (why can't I just do DESIGN REQUEST PANTS?) and I really miss being able to toss is a new long desc on the fly. Having to use the editor every time is annoying. Also I really wish I could just do DESIGN 1234 and view a completed design.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Breandryn said:
    DESIGN REQUEST PANTS?
    Do you want pants, trousers, or slacks? All three can use the PANTS noun. And for a case where it matters, DESIGN REQUEST ROBE would have three? patterns, one in dresses?, one in coats, and one in greatrobes. Ditto gowns (dresses and greatrobes), and hats (hats and greatrobes)
  • That makes sense, I guess. It just feels clunky and confusing to use with all the steps needed, but I have dyscalculia so that's probably a factor as numbers are used a lot in the designing process here. I've also been lazy and haven't coded any tools yet to help with crafting, sooooo that is my own fault :p I expect that part of it, the juggling design numbers, will become easier once I make a few settings. Still want no-editor desc entry tho.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    @ordassa examples of your rejections would allow us to help you decode the system. 

Tell them about your hovering couch :neutral:
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    I am becoming nervous about these fires. The closest is... close. The borders they have painted on the map put the closest edge a little under 9 miles from my house, and though they say it's 33% contained, they don't mention at all which part that is and the wind is blowing towards me. 
  • Enyalida said:
    I am becoming nervous about these fires. The closest is... close. The borders they have painted on the map put the closest edge a little under 9 miles from my house, and though they say it's 33% contained, they don't mention at all which part that is and the wind is blowing towards me. 
    Hopefully it doesn't hit you guys. :(

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Thankfully it wouldn't ruin me exactly, but it would really really really really suck to have my house be on fire, even a little. If it's closer in the morning when I have to go take my exams, I just might take my dog with me and keep her in the car (with windows open, of course) just in case. 
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    My allergies are going wild today. Why can't my immune system be this on top of things when I actually need it to be? Blugh.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Phoebus said:
    My allergies are going wild today. Why can't my immune system be this on top of things when I actually need it to be? Blugh.
    As somone who's declared spring to be the worst seasons thanks of allergies, I can only relate. Allergies stink. Dust, pets, grass, trees... my sympathies to that, I suppose everyone who's got it, can relate to it :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Aeldra said:
    Phoebus said:
    As somone who's declared spring to be the worst seasons thanks of allergies, I can only relate. Allergies stink. Dust, pets, grass, trees... my sympathies to that, I suppose everyone who's got it, can relate to it :(
    Autumn's my favorite season, despite being my worst time for allergies. It's got too many good things to hate. Shame it's also when my body decides to go on the offensive against the air itself. :disappointed: Why do allergies have to be? Life would be so much nicer without them.
  • edited November 2016
    So I dunno what happened but I started feeling bad this morning and now I'm sneezing non-stop, having trouble breathing, losing my voice, one eye is swollen shut and I have this rash so bad it's bleeding. I think I may dip out from work for a quick exorcism. Is this what allergies are? If so, I deserve this for every time I laughed at my dad's honking sneeze when I was a RL newbie. Damn you karma.

Update: my co-workers raided the office and found claritin and Dayquil and had me Chase that with a nice IPA. Despite me now shivering, im soaring higher than than the reading rainbow star. This must be how it feels to be a Chihuahua.
  • There's this guy who was part of the cinema shadow cast I go to see and at a recent con he got someone drunk enough that she collapsed on the front lawn of the hotel, started kicking and screaming, and claimed she couldn't see because she was literally so drunk she didn't know eyelids were a thing. She was 15. 

He showed up at a party I was at tonight, and I had to spend the entire time trying not to punch him in the dick so hard his testicles explode all while he kept talking about his many sexual conquests. No. No.

• Just punch that donkey fucker in the dick.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Man flu sucks.

Would like to stop sneezing, thanks.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Karlach said:
    Man flu sucks.

Would like to stop sneezing, thanks.
    At least you do that flu in a manly fashion. Man flu must suck.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Feel like I'm dying. Must be man flu. 

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I have hit the point where I resent this paper more than I fear it. I resent it for being so time-consuming, so dull, and having the vaguest assignment guidelines in all the world. I also resent that I didn't get the information required to start it until the week before it was due. Bitterness consumes me.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    The use of the phrase is almost entirely tongue in cheek, although don't be silly Lav, you can't get manflu as a female, woman up!

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I've been awake for sevenish hours vomirhea'ing my insides out. Not even gatorade will stay in my body at this point, and I have no one to whine at because my partner had to work! 

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Had a conversation with my hubby over the weekend where I was forced to admit to him that I'm having doubts about the marriage. Had a realization only shortly beforehand that his OCD wasn't becoming disruptive, it had started that way. He was content to let it simmer because while I was under the impression at the outset that he was going to work to get it under control he thought that a lack of panic attacks was a sign that it was already under control, ignoring the fact that he's bending over backwards to avoid anything that even remotely starts to think about being able to potentially set him off.

Shoes off at the door, disinfectant sprayed any time someone comes in or goes past the WC or trash bin, a full freaking shower any time either of us needs to make contact with the commode for more than just lifting/lowering the seat and flushing or if we spend time around people who don't follow his guidelines of cleanliness (including, but not limited to: his parents, my family's places, his sister's house, restaurants, bars, parks, bowling alleys, movie theatres, friend's houses, airports, or stores. (basically everywhere but my workplace, sometimes)), going through a bar of soap every 2-4 days even without that being an issue, and much more, all for the low, low price of our sanity. 

^Spoilered for sanitary reasons.^

What I didn't tell him is that the infrequency with which we do marital things is one of the factors that's having a heavy effect on my self-worth, and that I basically stopped trying to initiate because almost every time I did so, it was either "I'm not in the mood right now." or "We can do that later." ad infinitum. I've caught my sense of humor darkening and turning inward, and I've noticed I'm becoming more and more jaded with the whole thing. 

He promised to work on the stuff I mentioned to him, but...I don't know how much to trust that, and I don't know how much a sincere effort will improve.

It's also frustrating me just how much I end up whining and venting to folks, and worry that I'm coming off as a Debbie Downer, attention whore, and/or wet blanket. Frankly, I feel like I'm abusing my friendships and using my friends as therapists, which makes me feel like I'm trying to foist my problems off on other people, which trips my whole self-loathing-death-spiral.

Luce said:

It's also frustrating me just how much I end up whining and venting to folks, and worry that I'm coming off as a Debbie Downer, attention whore, and/or wet blanket. Frankly, I feel like I'm abusing my friendships and using my friends as therapists, which makes me feel like I'm trying to foist my problems off on other people, which trips my whole self-loathing-death-spiral.

As someone who vents a lot to help myself cope, I am totally familiar with this feeling. But it's ok. I promise it's ok. If talking about things helps, then talk about them. While some people don't like to listen to other people's problems, that is about their personal social boundaries and not at all about the validity of your need to talk out what you're feeling, so try not to take it personally if someone isn't willing to listen. There are others who will.

I'm so sorry you're having trouble with your marriage. It sounds like a difficult situation. I hope that your husband really does make an effort to work on the things you've talked about. I wish I could tell how to make things work. The most I can do is wish you the best, and make sure you know I care. And if you ever really need someone to talk to, if I'm awake and online, I'll listen.