QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• Breandryn said:

(Fire Hogwash): Steingrim says, "We should do a play about us watching one of the hallifaxian plays."

(Fire Hogwash): Talan (from the Aetherways) says, "Crystaly science theatre 3000?"
    yes!
    Do this!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Mommy, he touched me and made me feel uncomfortable!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited November 2016

Nilofer tells you, "Hrm."
    Nilofer tells you, "You have a staggering number of siblings."
    You tell Colonel Nilofer n'Lochli, Iron-Blooded Marquessa, "I...do? I have no family..."
    Nilofer tells you, "The Hall of Records disagrees."
    Nilofer tells you, "Check your FAMILY TREE."

You tell Colonel Nilofer n'Lochli, Iron-Blooded Marquessa, "....oh my."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    Maybe that was the cause of those lag spikes you noticed. A couple of us were trying to decipher that bug. My best guess is that all characters with Unknown parents are being considered siblings, or something like that. :/
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • I have regrets. I family tree'd Breandryn.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It's happening to others too. I think it's happening to both people with no parents and also to progenitors, where half the basin seem to be their siblings. Like I saw in one family tree I am sibling to my husband Silvanus, my son Syranas, and my granddaughter Zarialle (among a zillion others). Talk about inbreeding!

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    A couple people are on there twice at least. Lysandus and Flayra and Livictus for sure.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    I saw at least one person on there four times. Phoebus is only on the list twice, so this makes me feel somewhat inadequate.
  • Qendyl - the Great Starry Sea [WATER]
    You tell Qendyl, Ward of Shadows, "Please depart from Water."
    Qendyl tells you, "Sure."
    You tell Qendyl, Ward of Shadows, "Thank you."
    Qendyl - continually flowing water [ETHEREAL]
    Qendyl - among the cloud vines [ETHEREAL]
    You shrug helplessly.
    You say, "Close enough!"
    Qendyl - on a massive cloud-formation in the endless sky [AIR]
  • We use flogs, thank you.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Hawt
  • L reyqae

She is a nimble faeling and is diminutive and slender, with a warm, honey-colored complexion and
    shining black hair which is pulled into a simple braid over her shoulder and hangs to her knees.
    Curious, with an attention span that seems to jump quickly from one thing to another, she hovers
    ceaselessly on a blur of soft violet wings, keeping herself more or less at eye level with whomever
    or whatever currently holds her attention. Her demeanor, however, is an attempt at proper humility
    when she manages to remember, with her gaze kept demurely lowered and her hands clasped in front of her body when not otherwise occupied. On occasion, she peeks up from beneath long lashes, revealing bright green eyes that sparkle with intelligence and humor; her lips quirked in an expression of mirth, as though sharing a private joke with those around her.
    She is wearing a petite chartreuse pack embellished with lace, 2 twilight amethyst rings of windswept skyblooms, a violet sari edged in silver, 3 round escutcheon brooches, 2 gold-flecked rings of fire, a fragrant bracelet of woodland herbs, a tiny, lambent firefly stud through her right ear, a clover-etched sapphire brooch, an etched coral ring, buckled violet suede knee-high boots, gold-filigreed prayer beads of dawn-cast jewels, an eye-catching violet velvet hat, a vine-like choker bearing a stylised ruby crow and a dragon stud through her left ear.

You give a fleshpot-shaped, red velvet cake with a spicy-sugar icing to Sister Reyqae Indara,
    Supplicant of Sacrifice.

Reyqae breathes a soft 'Wahh!' in surprise.

Sister Reyqae Indara, Supplicant of Sacrifice says, "I have a rhino whose name is Red Velvet Cake!"

adorable!

• Neos said:
    (Celest): Bleuu says, "Can we please work a little harder at fathering supplicants?"
    so forward 

• SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    Crek said:
    Manteekan, the Nightmare hangs here hazily, His presence nothing more than a chilled mist 
    that drifts hauntingly through the air. He wields the hand of the Forest Dreamer in His left hand 
    and a meat shield formed from Xenthos' corpse in His right.

Meat shield!!
    ILY @Manteekan. I love the crazy you bring.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• Sometimes you typo. And sometimes people roll with it:

Sksez tells you, "Want a tart? I have fresh tarts!"

You tell Seeker Sksez, "You are a fresh tart?"

Sksez tells you, "Yes. Also, I have baked goods."

• Xypher sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.

Head tilting in interest, you say to Xypher, "You are thinking of something?"

With a curiously distracted tone, Grand Xypher Stormcrow, Dreamer of Saffron whispers to you, "I am contemplating the timing of a gift."

Brightly, you say to Xypher, "Oh, you made Rolan something, too?"

Xypher's eyes sparkle with amusement.

"Ugh!", Xypher says in disgust.

"Ugh!", Xypher says in disgust.

Xypher flails about helplessly.

Beaming, you say to Rolan, "Look at how excited you made Xypher."

The Scarlet Lion, Captain Rolan Vessandril says, "So many sparkles."
  • edited November 2016
    "You feel the presence of Elohora, Lady of the Eternal Light staring down at you. Her eyes glow with 
    a deep sense of purity as she contemplates you and your actions in life. You feel your soul being 
    judged by the powers of the Supernals. A moment passes and it feels like an eternity of judgement 
    before you realize that the Lady of Light is gone and you are left wondering about her 
    considerations..."

Seems like Skanylla has attracted the attention of a supernal.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    You feel your insides clench as your soul is frozen.
    You have played (too many) games.

Goodbye for now!
    A crystalline key falls out of the decapitated head of Romaan.

... Hmmm.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Singing to herself as she takes off, Mistress Jezebel says, "What would they do without youuuu, you
    foxy lady, sleek like polished marble."

Jezebel's singing echoes about the walls of the Tower as she gets father and farther away until it
    is is but a murmur of lilting melody.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Singing to herself as she takes off, Mistress Jezebel says, "What would they do without youuuu, you
    foxy lady, sleek like polished marble."

Jezebel's singing echoes about the walls of the Tower as she gets father and farther away until it
    is is but a murmur of lilting melody.
    Jezebel is without a doubt one of my favourite NPCs in the whole game. They really go for that insane Geomancer angle and i love it.