Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    It burns extra because Lothringen committed the same crime (And raided all the time etc) and was made to pay something silly like 500 power? Then was welcomed back with no limitations whatsoever. 

But because I'm me and people hate me, they gotta fuck with me how they can. I brought in 100k power in 12 days. That's still only gotten me to laborer.

Anyway. I don't think it's something the admin need to interfere with, it's crazy harsh but it was the only way certain people were even going to let me in.

I'm just being super ragey today. I'll get over myself and either finish it or just disappear into the shadows somewhere.

• Maligorn said:
    I would honestly petition the admin OOC. I know Magnagora is supposed to be tough, and blah blah blah you're a super-traitor, but those restrictions aren't appropriate.
    Maligorn makes a good point @Lavinya.  It's a game and you're meant to be able to enjoy it, it isn't a chore and it isn't a job.  You've already done so, so much.
  • It's just a suggestion, and there's nothing wrong with talking things through with admin OOC. I've seen the whole list of Lavinya's "terms", and honestly? They're crafted to make her quit or burn herself out. Naturally, it's up to her though.

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Oh, they're harsh as hell. I know I wouldn't have taken them. It really just comes down to "how badly does she want it?"
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Lavinya said:
    It burns extra because Lothringen committed the same crime (And raided all the time etc) and was made to pay something silly like 500 power? Then was welcomed back with no limitations whatsoever. 

But because I'm me and people hate me, they gotta fuck with me how they can. I brought in 100k power in 12 days. That's still only gotten me to laborer.

Anyway. I don't think it's something the admin need to interfere with, it's crazy harsh but it was the only way certain people were even going to let me in.

I'm just being super ragey today. I'll get over myself and either finish it or just disappear into the shadows somewhere.

Just think of how great it will be once you've completed them and then you can start being all la de da over the people who were being mean to ya now :dizzy:

• edited December 2016
    Rofl at vines drama. It's not like anyone said people wouldn't care until it was their problem. 

-Definitely not Cyndarin
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
  • Siam said:
    The nice promotion just has to get rolled out on a month where I'll mostly be settling bills.

edit:

@CyndarinAscends COME OUT OF RETIREMENT! Old Glommies are back!
    New phone, who dis?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    Rideta, I don't really care to have you lord over me with some righteous garbage. I'm aware that Lavinya accepted the terms. I'm aware she's working hard and keeping a generally good attitude. I still think it's garbage. I also like that you glazed over Lothringen's situation that Lavinya herself mentioned. I don't see you letting in Lavinya for 500 power and calling it good.

No, I'm not trolling, I'm concerned for a player that doesn't deserve to be treated in such a manner (nobody deserves that, really). No, I don't think the Oneiroi need to get involved -- I meant Lavinya should talk to Mag's pantheon, actually.

Hey, if you're tired of being zinged on both sides about this, maybe you shouldn't have created, or approved, or drafted anti-fun requirements to someone who is a textbook Magnagoran and probably the only hope of Magnagora not being ridiculed as the mudsex/OOC capital one day.

You're right, I'm not fully nuanced in Magnagoran RP and the shady deals/support/whatever. You know, maybe there's some good that'll come out of this. As an outsider looking in though, it just seems inappropriate. If you didn't want to let her back in...then don't let her back in. If you want her back or give her a second chance because "exceptions were made because I'm not a crazy person" then don't burn her out with outrageous demands. How is this a difficult concept?

It's also difficult to reconcile that Lavinya's penance is "fully driven IC punishment" when in the same post you mention a sizeable faction of Magnagorans that are persecuting her for OOC reasons. I'm not trying to troll, and I didn't even accuse you or anyone. The terms are unreasonable.

Furthermore, again, it's not the end of the world to message a member of your pantheon and ask "is this okay? I'm not really having fun playing the game right now. What should I do?". It's not a bad thing.

• Avurekhos can't return for 150 years. Other than that who knows what they will fine him with.
  • edited December 2016
    Maligorn said:
    Rideta, I don't really care to have you lord over me with some righteous garbage. I'm aware that Lavinya accepted the terms. I'm aware she's working hard and keeping a generally good attitude. I still think it's garbage. I also like that you glazed over Lothringen's situation that Lavinya herself mentioned. I don't see you letting in Lavinya for 500 power and calling it good.

No, I'm not trolling, I'm concerned for a player that doesn't deserve to be treated in such a manner (nobody deserves that, really). No, I don't think the Oneiroi need to get involved -- I meant Lavinya should talk to Mag's pantheon, actually.

Hey, if you're tired of being zinged on both sides about this, maybe you shouldn't have created, or approved, or drafted anti-fun requirements to someone who is a textbook Magnagoran and probably the only hope of Magnagora not being ridiculed as the mudsex/OOC capital one day.

You're right, I'm not fully nuanced in Magnagoran RP and the shady deals/support/whatever. You know, maybe there's some good that'll come out of this. As an outsider looking in though, it just seems inappropriate. If you didn't want to let her back in...then don't let her back in. If you want her back, then don't burn her out. How is this a difficult concept?
    Heh, self-righteous garbage? Hello Kettle, it's been so long. Was I here for Lothringen? I don't rightfully give a sack of potatoes about what he got away with in whatever corrupt Old-Boy's club he managed to squirt through, so it's a moot point. Would Barack Obama have been elected in the 40's in America? It's a different timeframe with a different group of active players with different sensibilities. Further, if you consider somebody asking you if you're being a troll or obtuse on purpose because the nature of your posts suggests exactly that as 'Lording over you,' then I'm afraid there's little I can do. Welcome to Reality, where people judge you for what you say. If that hurts, then that's on you.

By your own admission you're not fully, or even remotely by my guess, versed on Magnagoran politics IC -or- OOC... so I wonder why you even have room to speak about what is and isn't appropriate in Magnagora. Should I come online and speak about why Hallifax has no active divine like I know what's going on? Should I ramble about how a subset of Hallifax feels crushed under the weigh of a certain group's massive ego and constant whinging? I'm only an outsider with a small piece of the puzzle, so I guess I couldn't really say. I typically don't. I would, however, like to congratulate you for looking to a tiny subset of Magnagora and making vague extrapolations. Yes, we are so vastly ridiculed... I suppose that's why we have the largest active population a ton of the time. Get over yourself.

It's even further telling when somebody mentions that any time the game gets difficult it's 'anti-fun,' and how 'nobody deserves it.' 

She burned power. She owes power. It's as simple as that. Nobody's forcing her to do jack, and the only thing 'un-fun' about it is how one chooses to go about the situation. She's got all the time in the world to do whatever she pleases - To be honest, the only part that probably sucked at all was being a contemptible for all of a week, and even that probably should have been amusing.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • Okay well, you keep on with your false equivalence. You and me both know that those terms are crap, so it's not worth arguing.

• edited December 2016
    Well, that revolt's timing was terrible, but PERSONAL VICTORY! I managed to find Ixthiaxa and we even got a handful of mobs! Then we died brutally. Still, personal victory!

Fistbump to @rolan for volunteering to die revolting along with me!
  • Maligorn said:
    Okay well, you keep on with your false equivalence. You and me both know that those terms are crap, so it's not worth arguing.
    I don't think that 'we,' do. It's your modus operandi to grab a small piece of information and extrapolate it out to a completely false conclusion and uphold it as evidence to your claim. I'm wondering how one could have an argument with someone drawing the improper conclusions from everything being said.
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • It's not a small piece of information. Lavinya has been unhappy about it in a different medium than the forums, before she posted. I've also seen the entirety of the letter detailing her penance. I've also seen Lavinya post about the support certain people are giving her.

We aren't going to see eye to eye on this, obviously. You're the one who's flying off the handle at me suggesting a message to Magnagora's Pantheon, because the unarguable fact is that Lavinya isn't enjoying the game (according to her post). At this point though, it's not fair of me to keep arguing on her behalf like some self-appointed lawyer. Just take it as you will and chill.

• Maligorn said:
    I don't really care to have you lord over me with some righteous garbage. 

• Eh, ultimately Mag could have just said no to Lavinya, just like many people are turned down in many orgs. Lavinya knew exactly what she was getting into though, so you can't really blame Magnagora for it.
  • I'm not saying the task doesn't suck. It's just that this should probably have been negotiated before, or even now, IC, rather than trying to take OOC measures to change things after the fact.
  •  And I thought vines and elders were griefing. RIP Lavinya. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Falmiis said:
    I'm not saying the task doesn't suck. It's just that this should probably have been negotiated before, or even now, IC, rather than trying to take OOC measures to change things after the fact.
    Maybe, but I'm scared to ask what the negotiated alternatives to "farm 500,000" power are. I mean, there's harsh and then there's just making people hate playing.
  • edited December 2016
    If I must air out dirty laundry to clear the room, the notion was that the task would appear daunting and harsh, and she'd perhaps only fulfill a portion at most before roleplaying took place and the shackles were loosened... and then cast off. That's what makes sense for a player to keep playing, yeah? Obviously nobody wants to be power-slave#47 for like six months. It was supposed to be an intentionally humbling experience for Lavinya the character as well as a highly visible and empowering one over time by rising above. Everyone loves an underdog working hard and beating the odds. She's already dominated Power Contributions for the past month solid and that's a pretty noticeable impact. 100k power, solo, in two IC years? Holy crap, right? There's no way people haven't seen her busting her rump and even the Divine have given her various fistbumps.  That's the point! She's probably seen way better by most of the people who would have straight rioted and made a stink over her return publicly, if she had no restrictions, and the notion that she's OldMag Royalty has been getting seeded around the whole time. I was pretty explicit that this was going to be the rough idea in the very beginning. 

Makes sense, no?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the forums isn't where this stuff is supposed to be laid bare. I dislike this being made more public than it needed to be but when certain people start badmouthing the entire org over something they're legitimately clueless about I take it as a personal onus to set it straight. Yeah without all of the information this probably looks like some dickish stuff to do, even if she agreed to it in order to get back in, but it's really not. Magnagora's a pretty awesome place. We're tainted and evil and petty but it's seriously all in good fun. Some people in Mag need work, and in truth they're being worked with. However, I can only work with what I know about, and not everyone likes to talk.

I may be the CL for now but I can only do so much on this project, you know? Anyway, it's been a long day and my Iodine-Levels are astronomical. 
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    Well guess what sweetmeats, people go to the forums to vent frustration when they feel like the outlets offered in game are *insufficient, or even doubtful of their existence. We're so terribly sorry for not playing the game just the way you like it.

You should examine why Lavinya felt like she needed to come post about this, instead of RPing it out (oh, it might be the lazy RP of assigning a shitty task to her that discouraged her).

Ugh, you keep hooking me back man. This is my last post, forreal.

• Maligorn said:
    Well guess what sweetmeats, people go to the forums to vent frustration when they feel like the outlets offered in game are *insufficient, or even doubtful of their existence. We're so terribly sorry for not playing the game just the way you like it.

You should examine why Lavinya felt like she needed to come post about this, instead of RPing it out (oh, it might be the lazy RP of assigning a shitty task to her that discouraged her).

Ugh, you keep hooking me back man. This is my last post, forreal.
    I'm astounded, positively stupefied, that you could see that wall of rationale and reasoning and still come away like a total condescending toolbag and draw the wrong conclusions. "Sweetmeats," really? What about that looked lazy or poorly thought out in any way? Jesus Christ, I'm at a loss with you, I really am. It's so hard not to just devolve to insults and mock you, but then I'm right in your trap and suddenly I'm the bad one here getting flagged.

Look, you're wrong. It's as simple as that. You're unabashedly wrong, stubborn, and blind to any dialogue that doesn't conform to your misguided perceptions. Somehow I think this isn't the first time you've made somebody feel this way, either. Just... wow. Have a good one.
This discussion has been closed.