Oceanic Meet!

Hiiiii guuuuuys! 

Talking to a few people, we're planning for another oceanic meet in August in Melbourne! Hooray! I don't have firm plans for location yet, as we'll want to work that out a bit closer to the date, but it's likely we will want to get house or the like so we can be a bit more relaxed. But I'd like to start getting a headcount of what sort of time frame people would be interested in coming for. 

My vague idea is that it would be nice for people to maybe do it as a long weekend, sort of arrive thursday and depart monday or something similar. Leaving so far in the future will also allow for people from overseas to consider tagging along and hanging out with us (and if anyone is planning to do this and would like to stay for a more extended period of time, I am totally happy to provide some space for people to chill for an extra few days!) 

So far we have @Raeri @Falmiis @Yarith and myself as yes. Pls come hang out with us, you guys. :D 

Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."

Comments

• Probably not for the 12th unless it's the only weekend that works, but happy for any other time.
  • I don't think any of us had a particular weekend in mind yet, so we can try to arrange for any of the other ones. :D
    Wildeflower Aramel Strongleaf says to Xiran, "My cousin's attitude to life is rather like her attitude towards cake - to have everything, and at once, and lots of it."
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Aww man we're letting a kiwi come? Do we have to?

• Dead to me.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    <3

• Eheheheh. I know, we're going to give him hell. We were trying to convince @Aramel to come too, but she's a fraidy cat, I think. 

@Auriella needs to come too. D: 

And @Taevyn
  • Ymuli said:
    Eheheheh. I know, we're going to give him hell. We were trying to convince @Aramel to come too, but she's a fraidy cat, I think. 

@Auriella needs to come too. D: 

And @Taevyn
    According to Google I'm 9,113km away! :tongue:
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Start walking now. 
  • edited November 2016
    Sorry, I'm out.  By that point I'll VERY likely be settled into my new life in the USA.
    Kiss of the Enchantress hisses eerily, "Let them fear, and despair."
  • I dunno, August is a long time away.

ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂ ɪᴛs ʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ sᴀʟᴛ! ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ☂                                ヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、`ヽ`、ヽヽ`ヽ`、ヽヽ`

• edited November 2016
    In Melbourne?  Yuck.  Come to the bustling country music capital of Tamworth.  So much more culture here.

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• Falmiis made me pick Melbourne. Blame him!
  • What you let a New Zealander decide the location of the Aussie meet?  Traitor!

06/30/2014 19:37 Silvanus channels the power of the Megalith of Doom for you, stripping you of your Vernal Ascendant status.......bastard!!

• He's the one who kept nagging me to organise one. He's super bossy. :( 
  • Darwin, Mid-Late January. Survival of the fittest, she'll be right. 
  • Darwin, Mid-Late January. Survival of the fittest, she'll be right. 

Con the heat
    Pro parliament house is both air conditioned and has these amazing bite sized scones, I nearly ate a tray full at the opening of parliament
    Con did I mention "omg why is it so freaking hot. let me just hide in the aircon"
  • It is the only territory I have yet to visit/live in within Australia. And I am terribly attached to my edge of the world island currently, but I might drive from Hobart to Darwin just for fun one day...in the middle of winter!

P.S Don't tell the Americans what scones are, they get pissy about it. :>