m&mf

Comments

• edited November 2016
  • edited November 2016
    Im not sure what is the writhe thing for summer is, I found this   "magicwrithe_physical", ??

needs balance and equilibrium to summer.
  • SynkarinSynkarin Nothing to see here
    Veyils said:
    Im not sure what is the writhe thing for summer is, I found this   "magicwrithe_physical", ??

needs balance and equilibrium to summer.
    that's probably it - since it was for more than just tangled

Everiine said:
    "'Cause the fighting don't stop till I walk in."
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    v23 released 

checkparalysis works much better (better check, better failsafes)

added in 3 new affs, unknownlucidity, unknownsteam and unknownwafer. - These will cause you to sip, and will cure on either an empty cure or a relevant aff cure.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • It's always using chervil to clot now- I think it's confused by how will and endurance are no longer sent in GMCP.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
    it is - it's fixed and a release will be out shortly

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
    m&mf v24 released

Changelog - BIG CHANGES BELOW - PLEASE READ

Willpower checks removed
    General typo errors
    Wounds will not be affected via gmcp in blackout
    Better ice aff curing (on delayed cures)
    wondermask def line added

Big changes
     - added 3 unknown affs - unknownlucidity, unknownsteam and unknownwafer.
      -- use mm.valid.simpleunknownlucidity() etc to use these

-- added mm.valid.check_recklessness() - this runs a check on vitals for recklessness. It's only applied to one trigger atm, but it can be added to whatever you want.

Biggest change

three new config options - aeonprios, sapprios and loadsap.

aeonprios and sapprios take a string - the name of a slowcuring priority list.

loadsap will have the system auto import whatever sapprios is set for upon being sapped, and will re-import your aeonprios on the cure. 

To be clear, you'll have to export and create a a new prios set for slowcuring and give it a unique name before this will work. Aeonprios will default to your current prios (it won't change unless you turn loadsap on). Maybe someone will post a good default set of sap prios people can copy.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • I do not have tipheret, yet it keeps trying to use it. How can I fix that? A quick diag makes it writhe instead, but I'm looking for a permanent solution too.

• EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    MMCONFIG TIPHERET OFF
  • .-. It IS off.

m&mf v25 released

Latest envoy report
    Aerochemantics Sheen now is egovice 
    Jitterbug is accounted for in both lucidity and steam (the steam line is wrong currently, I forgot to check if it was fixed before I did this release - anyone can adjust the trigger to use the correct line though - "The jitterbug overcomes you, and you cough out the soothing steam so you can dance without choking.")

Added in an artifacts table for mm.me - this will be used in the future to add in various items
    Vitality Pendant is added in and will be picked up on 'artifact list'
    This def can now be used by systems without Athletics - it will show up under artifacts. If you use Allclass system, it will still show up under Athletics even if you aren't using Athletics at that time.

Catsluck defence added, with a config option to specify what it's on.

Various improvements and bug fixes.

Everiine said:
    -Synkarin's Lament.
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2016
    Nevermind, got it.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Anyone know if there is a list with all or most of the variables used in m&mf? or at least the ones that would be frequently used by those adapting/adding to the system...i.e. afflictions, cure balances, health/mana/ego and such. Would be nice to have east access to a list of them rather than having to spend a few hours digging through the system to try to hunt them down
  • edited December 2016
    Maleran said:
    Anyone know if there is a list with all or most of the variables used in m&mf? or at least the ones that would be frequently used by those adapting/adding to the system...i.e. afflictions, cure balances, health/mana/ego and such. Would be nice to have east access to a list of them rather than having to spend a few hours digging through the system to try to hunt them down
    http://m-mf.github.io/m-mf/ Should have about all of them. Use the navigation on the side!
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460
  • Thanks, I will try taking a peak at it again, I just didn't see a category for it when I looked the first time, probably overlooked it somewhere
  • Looks like the Healing part of m&mf needs to be updated for the new healing abilities. I had two problems.

• Something broke my leg and I kept spamming "cure me breaks" instead of "cure me fractures"
    • Go hit with heat (or cold, can't remember) "cure me temperature" is now "cure me sensory"

Might be a few other things shuffled around.  I'm not sure if there are additional categories used some odd way. If I read the code right then it just does "cure me" and the key of the array for the what to be cured. I had a crack at changing it but was worried I was going to break something as i'm not 100% of the afflictions.

If someone else cops this, type the right cure yourself and then succor me to let m&mf know the affliction has gone.
  • Synkarin has said that he doesn't support the Healing add on, unless he has since changed his mind. However, since mmf is open source now anyone who wants to do so is free to update it.
    I'm pretty good at the testing and troubleshooting aspects but not the best coder and I'm not very good/great/competent at GIT.
  • I'm curious what sort of workflow you do to update it.  It's not like a normal sort of program where you would edit, compile, debug, commit. Do you just modify it directly in mudlet and then grab the changes in the ~/.config directory or is there a better way?

I've done some updates of the healing system (basically, editing the files directly under ~/.config) and while the healing works ok I'm missing the triggers to say "oh you're healed now". 
  • Having written systems for 2 IRE MUDs now the biggest problem with keeping a system up to date is getting all the lines. We should think about a thread or update area to share new lines cures aff messages etc... I know some want to #win because other people don't have the lines and cures for their updated skills but having good well maintained systems is key to a solid player base. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I think we should be definitely able to provide a thread with the lines... in the end of the day, a commonly available curing system is a big plus.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
    Getting the lines is pretty easy. Message me if you need any lines. 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Healing definitely needs a LOT of work - it is almost completely broken at the moment.  Tried to help with a chaos domoth and even simple afflictions like blindness broke it, causing it to spam CURE ME SENSES.  Changed half a dozen different lines and still it refused to adjust to the proper CURE ME SENSORY command.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    Yeah. I got it to work properly with sensory, it takes some hunting to get it all to work out

• You'll also notice that a lot of things don't have a healing fix anymore. It is likely either they are different names for the same affliction, they are no longer possible to get or there really is no cure for them in healing.  There is about 3 places you need to change things so if you miss one it seems its not working. I'm working directly on the source code to fix it.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Healing has changed so much that I would definitely advise against -any- healer using m&mf for anything more then keeping auras. If we're making another integration, you'll want things like empathy level being factored in, because otherwise you're leaving yourself to be mana/egokilled... that'll take some work.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I'm just wondering, are people finding that m&mf won't realise that you have healed something?  For example, I had a lot of fun setting myself alight and I've now fixed cure me temperature to be cure me sensory.  However m&mf spams it and never realised Im no longer burning.

It seems the "you are cured" trigger is gated by rubbing ice trigger so if you stop burning another way its not matched. mmshowa still shows ablaze.

Just wanted to see if this is what others are seeing or its something I broke. The fix is sort-of easy, just have another trigger or make the ice one include the other line too.

<div>You concentrate on curing your own ailments.
    The raging fire about your skin goes out.
    </div><div>You have cured ablaze.</div>