Simple questions?

Comments

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I don't know that it awards experience at all, to be frank. Looks like doing SCORE and STAT can, however, grant you enough to get you about 80% through 2.
  • Is there a way to buy goop artifacts as a gift?
  • edited December 2016
    Why don't all races have their own languages?

Somedays I would like to talk viscanti with other civilised folk
  • I imagine visvanti don't because they're a relatively new race amalgamated from all those tainted in mag during the taint wars, but who knows.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Breandryn said:
    Is there a way to buy goop artifacts as a gift?
    I am not aware of one to do the gift-delivery- thing that is available for artifacts.  If it does not exist, it would be nice to add.  In the meantime, transferring the goop is probably a workable alternative (though not as present-y, alas-- "Here, enjoy your goopy gift card!").
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Dylara said:
    I imagine visvanti don't because they're a relatively new race amalgamated from all those tainted in mag during the taint wars, but who knows.
    Trill don't have a language either, and we're old. To our chagrin, amirite, @Everiine?

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Rancoura said:
    Dylara said:
    I imagine visvanti don't because they're a relatively new race amalgamated from all those tainted in mag during the taint wars, but who knows.
    Trill don't have a language either, and we're old. To our chagrin, amirite, @Everiine?
    Come2BT and pretend Crowtongue is Trilltongue?
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • Rancoura said:
    Dylara said:
    I can't speak for the reasonings of the others, just seemed like a viable reason for visvanti for me.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Rancoura said:
    Dylara said:
    Alas, you are right.

Our head canon assumption is that the trill race just adopted the lucidian tongue when they lived together in Hallifax, and over time, the trill language was forgotten.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited December 2016
    Everiine said:
    Rancoura said:
    Dylara said:
    Alas, you are right.

Our head canon assumption is that the trill race just adopted the lucidian tongue when they lived together in Hallifax, and over time, the trill language was forgotten.
    But Trill can't natively speak Lucidian, either! :( #LanguageForTrill2017

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I would honestly prefer to just keep pretending I can talk to birds than to get a racial language. #Bird-SpecificEmpathyForTrills2017
    #NoWireHangersEver

Vive l'apostrophe!
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    When Nikka met a fink searching for Gucka a few rl years ago, it spoke in a finkish language depsite finks not having a mechanical racial language.

• I got to the Floating Island of the Forgotten. I have spent half an hour getting to the point where Golden Champions want to keep knocking me over and setting me on fire...only to be put at the beginning again. Is there some trick to the pendants and emblems? I can't seem to get past the three rooms :(
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Afaik the trick is to have hermit, a puzzle, a demense, or some other way to reset yourself back across the doors.
  • Oh, well this teddy bear was a waste of time then :(
  • Perhaps you can bring a friend and use travelling to him/her as a save ?
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • Going to do just that! Saves me spending another half hour trying to figure the way to get through, haha.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You can also just pay gold to name your bear without visiting the places

• Lavinya said:
    You can also just pay gold to name your bear without visiting the places
    Oh really?! That's even better! Do you have to go to someone specific or put it into the bear..?
  • I think its just put 10k gold in bear.
  • Is it possible to upgrade a goop paradox puzzle into a goop cubix?
  • A paradox puzzle and a cubix are entirely different artifacts, unfortunately, so no, they can't be upgraded into one-another.

Paradox puzzles let you save and remember specific rooms to teleport to (resets every IG month) and a cubix just brings you to a room with permanent exits to very specific places, so they're meant for different kinds of travel purposes too. 

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited December 2016
    There does however exist a 'lesser' form of the cubix, it's called the prism. It has the same exits as the cubix, but has no access to cosmic planes and astral plane. You can upgrade a prism to a cubix. (Prism cost 800 cr, the upgrade 1200 cr). I think prism is elemental prime and faethorn. Not sure if there's any other differences to a cubix aside of the less access.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • edited December 2016
    Prism
  • Kistan said:
    Talan said:
    I would honestly prefer to just keep pretending I can talk to birds than to get a racial language. #Bird-SpecificEmpathyForTrills2017
    Shouldn't that be in Tweets then?

(Sorry)
    It took me two days to get this. Well played!
  • Squad Tells, OOC or IC? 

Yeah I get that *All* communication is IC, fine, but seriously. A lot of big bashes I go on tend to have OOC Squadt going down, and somebody brought it to my attention that such a thing was actually odd to them. I'd done it way back when squads were first a thing and never thought twice about it, so I guess it was easy to slip back into that habit again when I started playing once more. 

How do you guys handle it?
    (Magnagora): Thax says, "My truest favour to the soldier that brings me the weave of Neos."
  • IC.