Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• So when is Glomdoring going to publically distance themselves from the actions of Veyils? She has ganked novices/non-coms/people with absolute 0 interest in being involved in the conflict. She has chopped elders. She is essentially a griefer, just like Yarith.

The difference? When Yarith does it suddenly the whole of Hallifax should be ashamed of themselves for not sacrificing him to the gods of all that is fair, Karlach and Xenthos, but when Veyils does it? No big deal. We might even possibly try to defend her actions and say it's not griefing.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Karlach said:
    Yeah, from the looks of things someone hit 5 elders so Vey went off and chopped two Seren ones, which probably isn't the smartest thing to do as Serenwilde at that point hadn't broken the pact.
    Hrm...

As to the rest, when was the last time you saw Xenthos or I raiding alongside Vey?

Also you assume I don't want to be associated with Veyils, and frankly apart from the whole revenge chopping thing which was stupid, and still is, you've yet to cite examples of said griefing. Unless you've anything to counter Veyils' claims that their kills were in self defence after being attacked?

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• You're right. Hallifax are all just a bunch of griefers. We should be held to a higher standard than everyone else. Sorry for letting you down.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I thought briefly about whipping up a pile of paintings of trees and exhibiting them all around Hallifax.

I decided not to.

Such a griefer, I am.
  • edited December 2016
    Some of you guys take "griefing" way too hard, or generously apply that label to anyone who bothers you with something PK related. There's a lot of I don't like PK, and I want to be left alone, and I said stop or else, when all the so called griefer is doing is interacting with other players. Sure, it's not a type of interaction you enjoy or see value in, but it is an interaction the game allows by design. The reality of multiplayer gaming experiences is that you don't get to dictate the rules of enjoyment for other players.

It's hard to see it in perspective, but when you demand people stop doing something because you want to play the game a different way, there's a degree of hypocrisy in it. This isn't a single player game, they are entitled to their enjoyment too, and in a game like Lusternia, one of those methods of enjoyment is PKing, griefing, causing conflict, etc. There's no opt out button when you login for a reason.

Obviously there are limits and just making people miserable which doesn't necessarily fall into these boundaries, but I don't see anything Yarith has done that is particularly spiteful, mean spirited or excessive. He's mild salsa, man. Maybe "harden up princess," isn't the most well received or valuable commentary, but not all complaints are created equal, and not all grievances should be legitimized with wild forums royal rumbles. 

"I died in my own org once," and "I said stop, and they didn't," don't really rise to serious complaints about a person or the game. They are legitimate personal reasons to be frustrated, but that's not really the same thing. Your frustration is always valid, but that doesn't necessarily mean people have to change as a result of it. Sometimes, and I think this is the case this time, you own your own feelings and you have to go do you, whatever that is. 

The Zen of Griefing. Chapter 3: I Play the Game Too. - by Celina. For sale on Amazon.

Also, I feel like alting. Go away desire to play. I don't have time for you. 
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
    Falmiis said:
    You're right. Hallifax are all just a bunch of griefers. We should be held to a higher standard than everyone else. Sorry for letting you down.
    Let me find my tiny violin for you and your victim complex.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Falmiis said:
    So when is Glomdoring going to publically distance themselves from the actions of Veyils?
    Probably around the time that Hallifax's fighters quit using her raiding Serenwilde as an excuse to raid Glom and Mag.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Falmiis said:
    So when is Glomdoring going to publically distance themselves from the actions of Veyils?
    Probably around the time that Hallifax's fighters quit using her raiding Serenwilde as an excuse to raid Glom and Mag.
    AFAIK I don't need an excuse to raid Glom and Mag.  We're enemies dog.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    There are times that I go out and hunt on the elemental planes, and in the hives, and places where people could easily jump me and kill me. I accept that, it's part of the game, a risk you take for hunting in enemy territory, and there is tension and I am on high alert.

But that isn't what happened. I was in the city relaxing and doing stuff for fun. And suddenly, I can't tattoo people anymore, because now someone is going to take advantage of my defenses being down and kill me. Love #1 gone. I'm scared to stand in the gardens designing tattoo. That's love #2 gone.

But there's something wrong with me because I don't want to play a game in which I need to be on alert all the time because people want to kill me for doing nothing? I need to go take a break until I 'calm down' and think this griefing is ok? Really?

• edited December 2016
    You were temporarily inconvenienced (at no xp loss because it was org territory) while tattooing, and are now protected for a full month from that person by the avenger. Why are you "scared?" The consequences for dying in your own org are quite literally nothing but some defenses. It's important to put these things in context. I promise you, if you just keep doing what you enjoy, you'll still enjoy it. 

Dying once is not griefing. Yes, I think it's okay. I also think you'll be okay after you take a break. :)
  • edited December 2016
    Qistrel said:
    There are times that I go out and hunt on the elemental planes, and in the hives, and places where people could easily jump me and kill me. I accept that, it's part of the game, a risk you take for hunting in enemy territory, and there is tension and I am on high alert.

But that isn't what happened. I was in the city relaxing and doing stuff for fun. And suddenly, I can't tattoo people anymore, because now someone is going to take advantage of my defenses being down and kill me. Love #1 gone. I'm scared to stand in the gardens designing tattoo. That's love #2 gone.

But there's something wrong with me because I don't want to play a game in which I need to be on alert all the time because people want to kill me for doing nothing? I need to go take a break until I 'calm down' and think this griefing is ok? Really?
    The avenger system is protecting you as it was intended.  You are now safe from attack from that individual for 30 days.  You also have decreased experience loss and auto-conglute in friendly territory.

You are of course free to be highly upset, but nothing has been taken from you except perhaps 15 minutes of bashing/influencing time.  I would suggest that you alter your expectations of Lusternia slightly.  Celina's post gets at that subject.

Edit: Celina's post prior to the last one**
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
    Except, the person who was named as killing was not the only person who attacked. Nothing stopping the others coming back and doing it again.

• If you are sure that you got attacked by someone and got killed by someone else within the same fight and didn't get status on both of them you might want to issue about it.
  • If you were declared (which is the only way to attack someone in their own territory), you should have status on everyone who participated in your death. PK STATUS should list them. 
  • Also, really, let's be honest here. Prime is not safe, it is just safer. Attacking you was not some "oh hey let's grief Qistrel!" it was most likely an attack of opportunity, a  one off.  Enjoy Avenger protection and influence some guards to get your essence back.

Be upset about it, sure, but it certainly isn't griefing you.
    It's griefing anyone who happened to be in Magnagora at the time, without regard to who it was or how bad they were feeling. And that's gonna keep happening, and keep making me sad.

Though I do realise I'm an idiot who doesn't understand how Avenger works due to me not fighting much. Sigh.

• NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    I'll die on any hill I please. All these hills are mine to die on. 
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Unrelated, why did all the non-default pictures disappear out of the signature banners? I'm a black square, I should be Nageki reading a book.
    Phoebus said:
    Unrelated, why did all the non-default pictures disappear out of the signature banners? I'm a black square, I should be Nageki reading a book.
    I didn't notice, because I actually uploaded a black square to my box the day they came out.  Maybe the forums just decided we needed picture-equity! :p
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    As a combatant and at one point a large griefer - if I get declared on by 3 or more people, I might just die on purpose for that status, only because I know Status gets in the way of my PK far more than you expect.

Nikka can now attack/kill Yarith in any enemy territory without Yarith being able to touch Nikka back. That is worth the minimal amount of exp loss to me (though I would be frustrated to lose tattooing time).

Plus, if you get above 15 statuses, your victims get auto-vengeance against you. Perhaps that threshold should be lowered to 10 statuses now that the player base has shrunk?
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Xenthos said:
    Phoebus said:
    I didn't notice, because I actually uploaded a black square to my box the day they came out.  Maybe the forums just decided we needed picture-equity! :p
    Blank squares are basically your face. I don't want my picture to be a picture of you, Xenthos! :P
  • @Falmiis. I am totally a bad ass griefer. Yup. B-b-b-bad to the bone. Watch out Seren I might come over and lovetap your ladies again tonight!

There are very few players that promote healthy conflict. And that is what we should be working towards. This back and forth of crying over who did the biggest baddest crap and why it is all justified is such a waste of energy.

Also, @Othero, half the damned combatants we have don't like dying. If you are someone who doesn't enjoy the art of combat, you still belong here. The notion that this game was designed around combat therefore if you don't enjoy it you don't belong here is like telling someone if you don't like an aspect of a country to go home/move somewhere else. It is freaking ignorant and ignores the fact that there is a very real problem in the game's social dynamics. 
  • Silvanus said:

Nikka can now attack/kill Yarith in any enemy territory without Yarith being able to touch Nikka back. That is worth the minimal amount of exp loss to me (though I would be frustrated to lose tattooing time).
    I wouldn't do this btw. It'll just clear suspect and open you up for a second attack before the 30 days are up.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    Falmiis said:
    Silvanus said:

I wouldn't do this btw. It'll just clear suspect and open you up for a second attack before the 30 days are up.
    No, it shouldn't. As long you do not auto-declare, if Yarith is in Magnagora and enemied, Nikka will be able to attack without fear of retribution. If you are in enemy territory and YOU get attacked, you have auto-declared the attacker.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    edited December 2016
    Silvanus said:
    Falmiis said:
    Silvanus said:

No, it shouldn't. As long you do not auto-declare, if Yarith is in Magnagora and enemied, Nikka will be able to attack without fear of retribution. If you are in enemy territory and YOU get attacked, you have auto-declared the attacker.
    In most zones (Sea of Despair / Inner Sea are notable exceptions), if you declare / attack someone, the suspect drops and they can 1) Kill you right then and there (no suspect because you declared them), and 2) Declare and kill you once more to get suspect back.

We've never had an adequate explanation for why certain zones work differently, but we're told it is Working As Intended.

Maybe it has something to do with being NPC enemy territory.
  • Silvanus said:
    Falmiis said:
    Silvanus said:

Oh missed the enemy territory part. Fair enough then.
    I recall killing people in Prime Seren who hit first, with PK CAREFUL on, killing them and getting status, then being able to repeat the process.

This discussion has been closed.