Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Got a letter this morning while I was listening to a story:

You read what is written on an elegant white letter:
    Dear young adventurer,

I found these as I was walking past before the Eternal Flame recently and it seems they belong to 
    you. You should be more careful with what you're holding! If you die or leave the realms with 
    certain things simply held in your hands (such as herbs), you may drop them. You should always 
    INRIFT your herbs and commodities. Once you are no longer a newbie, people such as I will not return anything you drop in circumstances like this. They will be lost to you forever, so be careful from now on!

Kind regards,
       A conscientious traveller.
    An elegant white letter is holding:
    Nothing.

Note to self: Make sure to INRIFT Nothing before you leave realms, or they will be lost to you forever!

Edit: I know there was probably something in there. But imo, before someone tries to give someone else a speech about that sort of thing, maybe they should know that a letter is not the best place for those things >.>
  • Lerad said:
    That's an automatically generated letter for the first time when you qq and something drops out of your inventory, if I'm not mistaken.
    If so, I dun lol'd.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Yarith said:
    I suppose we can turn off pk and remove any form of conflict if that's what is required. I wonder if that's going to make the game fill up.
    No, I wasn't aware of Nikka's comment, I skim through the forums and only really read the bigger conversations. I assure you, Nikkakorra hasn't said anything to me since returning aside from after I killed her. Regardless, I don't need to defend my actions :?

(Insert generic argument about Twytch 'griefing' in gaudi vs in Halli, or about random people who ruin things like the cay quest for fun or keep Lanikai dead/other mechanics which are acceptable 'griefing', or how it's only a problem if they're on the forums and can be attacked/called out on this medium /Let's move on already pls.)
    If you want to move on, the best way is to stop doing the things that cause forum conversations, not to beg people to stop talking about them when you do.  Because every time you do them, the conversation is going to continue.  If you don't like the conversations you do have the power to change the situation.  And stop saying things like "I do what I want" or "I don't need to defend my actions" because those are pretty classic fallbacks for "I know that what I'm doing hurts people and I don't care".
  • Maligorn said:
    Man. If you're really comparing Yarith to Fralunah, or think that they fall into the same category, then there's nothing worth saying to you/you're making my argument for me. Which is good, because I can't have an aneurysm on the forums twice in a 24-hour span. \o/
    Again, you really should take some space. if you read the post again, what I am saying is that the behavior on the forums is similar. Realistically, few on the forums actually ever directly see even part of the situation, only what is presented on the forums.

Yarith said:
    I suppose we can turn off pk and remove any form of conflict if that's what is required. I wonder if that's going to make the game fill up.
    No, I wasn't aware of Nikka's comment, I skim through the forums and only really read the bigger conversations. I assure you, Nikkakorra hasn't said anything to me since returning aside from after I killed her. Regardless, I don't need to defend my actions :?

(Insert generic argument about Twytch 'griefing' in gaudi vs in Halli, or about random people who ruin things like the cay quest for fun or keep Lanikai dead/other mechanics which are acceptable 'griefing', or how it's only a problem if they're on the forums and can be attacked/called out on this medium /Let's move on already pls.)
    Again, not what I'm saying, just that to some degree people are capable of respecting that someone is a non-com in their prime territory. If you keep them around in each org, then ideally they'll help retain people that will be interested in combat so you'll have more people to fight.

Regarding forum presence vs not, unfortunately that is the downside of participating in the forums. It gives you greater voice regarding matters regarding the game, but also means that people can easily directly engage you out of the game. Even still, there have been previous complaints directed at organisations about their griefers, their forum presence becoming notable around the same time (so they might be turning up to participate in the discussion about them)

Personally, and I've said this elsewhere, I think that it would be healthy for the game to really look at the state of our pvp mechanics, kick out the bad ones, and then build some new ones to see how they work out. There's significant burnout attached to various mechanics in place right now, replacing those with more positive and fun mechanics (even if you lose) might encourage more people to participate and learn combat.
  • Lerad said:
    That's an automatically generated letter for the first time when you qq and something drops out of your inventory, if I'm not mistaken.
    In Achaea, at least, this continues if you're below a certain level from memory. Might also happen if you drop something due to death. Handy for newbies so they don't lose all their herbs.
  • QistrelQistrel the hemisemidemifink
    Yarith said:
    No, I wasn't aware of Nikka's comment, I skim through the forums and only really read the bigger conversations.
    Dude, you literally agreed with Lerad's post that directly quoted me. Do you think I would have complained this much if I knew there was a chance you had skipped it? You damn well knew I said it, and you decided to go ahead and kill me anyway.

edited December 2016
    Yarith said:
    No, I wasn't aware of Nikka's comment, I skim through the forums and only really read the bigger conversations.
    Dude, you literally agreed with Lerad's post that directly quoted me. You think I'd be this upset if I thought you had missed it? You knew I said it, and you decided to go ahead and kill me anyway.

• edited December 2016
    It probably slipped my mind. I'm afraid I'm not an elephant. 
    EDIT: Don't take it personally. It wasn't a personal attack apart from where I declared. I didn't think 'Hm. it looks like "Make Nikkakorra quit" is on my list of things to do today.'
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
    Oh. My. God. You're never going to stop coming up with excuses are you? I'm done.

• edited December 2016
    I don't need an excuse. I didn't do anything wrong.
    EDIT: Also I love how the entire forums is after me but not the other person who went in as well. I love that is is even a problem lmao. 
    You can keep chatting about me, that's fine. I'm pretty bored (read: tired of this conversation). I'm just gonna like any post you want me to see but I don't need to comment anymore. I've got the past 20 or so pages to my name. Thnx.

EDIT2: Look. I'm sorry you're upset. If I had any idea that killing you would spark a 3000 post vortex into accusation island I wouldn't have bothered. I'm not trying to sound apathetic but I really didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. You have the next 30 days Yarith-experience free.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yarith said:
    I don't need an excuse. I didn't do anything wrong.
    EDIT: Also I love how the entire forums is after me but not the other person who went in as well. I love that is is even a problem lmao. 
    You can keep chatting about me, that's fine. I'm pretty bored. I'm just gonna like any post you want me to see but I don't need to comment anymore. I've got the past 20 or so pages to my name. Thnx.

EDIT2: Look. I'm sorry you're upset. If I had any idea that killing you would spark a 3000 post vortex into accusation island I wouldn't have bothered. I'm not trying to sound apathetic but I really didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry you had a bad experience. You have the next 30 days Yarith-experience free.
    You're famous. 

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Infamous seems more apt, given the posts. :P
  • edited December 2016
    You've earned your griefer badge, @Yarith. People rant at you for vaguely explained PK reasons! MAMA IS SO PROUD.

Just yesterday someone told me I they couldn't stand me over Discord out of the blue. Remember the burden you bear, you'll bear it for life. Give them a reason to hate you, I say. Give them the villain they deserve.
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
  • Unrelated, I just love that it's not considered a bug that some of our basic power mobs don't actually reset for almost two hours at times.
  • Yarith said:
     You have the next 30 days Yarith-experience free.
    Where do the rest of us apply for this?
  • NeosNeos The Subtle Griefer
    Versalean said:
    Yarith said:
    In hell!
    [meme here]
    Love gaming? Love gaming stuff? Sign up for Lootcrate and get awesome gaming items. Accompanying video.

Signature!

Celina said:
    You can't really same the same, can you?
    Zvoltz said:
    "The Panthron"
  • Versalean said:
    Yarith said:
    PK STATUS. Pause system, tell yarith come at me bruh, wait 12 seconds. 
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    So, I know this topic is drawn out and beaten to death and I do feel bad for posting again, but I just wanted to clear the air a little bit (if not for you guys then for my own sense of security), at risk of igniting more arguments.

It's appropriate to tell me to step back, and that not every post needs a response, and not everything is a criticism or antagonism towards people. For better or worse, I get pretty forums warrior-y when people either A). try to call out people I perceive as friends or B. try to call out Hallifax or C). make my friends suffer, whether the antagonism/criticism is there or not (in this case, it was A, B and a little bit of C). For better or worse, I want my friends to enjoy playing the game and spend time there. And by that same token, a personality flaw of mine is that my friends "do no wrong". But if you don't think I'm aware of those flaws of mine and actually think my posts through, or compensate for that flaw, then you're not really giving me enough credit, I think.

It wasn't my intention to use Qistrel's posting as accelerant to try and rag on Glomdoring or Magnagora, fueling some stupid vendetta. I just don't like seeing one of my own under what I thought was unfair scrutiny. I'm not as impulsive or angry as people seem to try and style me. I just can't stand it when people make snarky comments or quips without knowing the full situation, and paradoxically that leads to me doing the same in retaliation. I will try to work on that.

However, I just really want to caution everyone (echoing Rideta, actually) that OOC interactions here are not appropriate to be carried over into other mediums, including Lusternia itself. I don't care about ruining Hallifax's OOC forums reputation because I trust everyone to not judge based on that alone, basically. Anyway. Let the good times roll.

• Died to Forsaken warriors. Lost 12%. I go cry now.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    -crickets-
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2016
    I was joking when I called Dylara a griefer. I realise that comment came out of nowhere but I was honestly just trying to defuse the conversation with humor
  • edited December 2016
    Arix said:
    I was joking when I called Dylara a griefer. I realise that comment came out of nowhere but I was honestly just trying to defuse the conversation with humor
    A little more laughter could go a very long way, for many of us. Both at ourselves, and with others. Much less so at others, especially to the point this is considered the norm. Amusement solely at another's expense causes a great deal of the hurt feels.

edit - IMO

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • Can @Qistrel hire someone to kill Yarith? As a non-combatant I would do that.
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    There isn't any functional way for that to work. The only recourse if their own org won't toss them out (which turns off important skills for most classes, basically forcing the player to lose money - potentially a big chunk) is to have a group of people confine them to safezones by following them around. Any time they step out of avenger protection, attack. Any time they try to bash , stand there with a group and bash what they're trying to bash first. So on. Basically, the only way to fight a griefer if public shame proves insufficient is to grief them back harder, which is awful for a bunch of reasons. 
  • Another day, another revolt happening when I'm asleep. C'mon Lusternia, my alts need CF's. Work with me here.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Lag wins again. Seriously, we can't even manage a domoth fight without crippling lag? I spent over a minute just trying to -phoenix-. It's not even funny.

• Lavinya said:
    Lag wins again. Seriously, we can't even manage a domoth fight without crippling lag? I spent over a minute just trying to -phoenix-. It's not even funny.
    Oh my god, same here. I had to spam north to get out of that room so I could phoenix.

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

This discussion has been closed.