TempInsanity and Illuminate

2»

Comments

• ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    edited December 2016
    Yeah man, took approximately 8 seconds for you to get transfixed because apparently you don't know that trueblind is a thing:

Right from the start of the log, you were already unprepared -
    In the trees above entrance to the Facility.
    Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. Thick, coiling tail wound 
    in and around itself, a terrifying basilisk trills curiously. Weaving drunkenly back and forth, a 
    madfly flutters erratically in the air here. There is an aetherways portal here.
    You see exits leading in and out.
    8800h, 8300m, 8300e, 10p, 26400en, 26400w ex-
    <b>
    </b><br>
    Where's the b in your prompt?

In fact, after writhing out from the first transfix, you had plenty of time to put it up before getting transfixed the second time.

So don't get me wrong, I'm not here to say you noobed up. And I play with both aeon and hekoskeri myself, which is why I fully understand the hate people have towards them. So, let's be honest and not cry OP when you could have at least put up basic defenses first.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    edit: nvm.

• I can perfectly accept that I've noobed up!  I guess we really want to see another log of how it goes when I've trueblind up. 

Before you go all passive-aggressive, read my first post again. I was here for advices, I got one and I've seen it in use despite I didn't really alter the mmf for that(Offbal while rubbing). Read my posts and all the responses(including yours) again to see, there was -nothing- mentioned about blindness until my last post. 

My post, after the informations I were given with the experiences I've had still seems pretty spot-on. 
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • It was probably assumed, I know it was by me, that you were using basic defenses in your previous posts.

That's why I said you need to post logs. From your previous posts we can't deduce what 'locked you down', so the advice given was generic advice. We are not going to cover all the bases for you, despite doing so somewhat.

After you posted your log, we saw where you need to fix something and so could comment on that aspect.

• I'm not on a crusade against Illuminati, obviously. You can't play chess without knowing how the pieces move and Lusternia is at least 100x more complicated with the variables both on the defensive side and the offensive side.

If blindness or some other tips those are yet unknown to me are going to drastically alter that logged scenario to a reasonable balance, then I'll take your word for it. 
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    I dunno man, I feel the passive-aggressive tone wasn't exactly unwarranted given your last sentence, but I assure you, the advice given was legit.
  • It's much easier to adjust myself than to attempt fixing the "game". Believe it or not, but I'm pretty content with this turn of events. See you guys on the field.

-Kilian
  • Trueblind should hard-counter the transfix mob (the eye thing, spix iirc). It's been a very long time since I've played against an Illuminati (that guild had like 1 or 2 active combatants at most in the past couple of years...), but I think their ents tick around 8 seconds, more or less (iirc, there is a built in randomiser to Illuminati and Institute passives both).

Trueblind just requires you to eat faeleaf(?), which you should be able to do well within the +- 8 second cycle of the passive unless you're bogged down with anorexia and a mass of other affs (read: aeon from a tarot-user).

With that said, Illuminati combat is ridiculous once you get to know how an Illuminati works (was ridiculous? the overhaul is still confusing as all hell). A lot of the affs that they deal is mostly fluffer, which means that with some basic mods on the target's curing, the target shouldn't be worried about the Illuminate insta at all*. At the same time, a lot of those fluffer affs are hindering affs (mucuous, transfix, hekoskeri?), which means the target will also have a hard time building up momentum to do anything. If both parties didn't get too excited or frustrated to make mistakes, it's basically a spammier staring contest.

* again, overhaul may have made Illuminate more viable, who knows, it's all still confusing
    WHY WE FIGHT
    Accountability is necessary.
  • I think from the timings Overhaul made illumiate less viable? I didn't see it pre overhaul but now it seems like one on one an Illuminati can't build insanity. I've not seen many in action but just with a little bit of testing it seems that the lucidity sip outstrips even their powerbased insanity build moves.

Its sort of like pyro burns one on one in that the application to cure heavily outpaces even optimum burns afflictions. And neither have a way of burst giving to take advantage of short lock downs opportunities. 
  • Nah, gotta build up mental affs. More mental affs = more insanity per hit. Looking over it now with ohaul, a concentrated barrage of mental affs (hi, hexes) and then a couple of insanity hits might get enough for Illuminate.

WHY WE FIGHT
  • I was under the impression you could cure them off faster than they could be given?
  • You can.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Danquik said:
    You can.
    Given how fast hexes deal out afflictions, especially with things like stupidity and hallucinations, I doubt that people can cure 6 afflictions before you get balance again to build insanity. They're probably going to cure off insanity unless you stop them, I don't have much of an idea as to how illuminati work, but affliction output should likely not be your problem with hexes.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • If they are a hexen, just shield after they toss out a couple rounds of hexes. It's the time tested hard counter to hex prep. Hexes post overhaul without mugwump madness can't handle shields, so they have to redoodle everything. Masked double hexes also consume power very quickly, and illuminate is what...8 power?

A hexen in scary in theory, less so in practice.
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
  • Niradnic said:
    If they are a hexen, just shield after they toss out a couple rounds of hexes. It's the time tested hard counter to hex prep. Hexes post overhaul without mugwump madness can't handle shields, so they have to redoodle everything. Masked double hexes also consume power very quickly, and illuminate is what...8 power?

A hexen in scary in theory, less so in practice.
    ^^^
  • Is there a curseward ability in Lusternia? In other IREs (well, Imperian and Achaea), the Hexes-flavour skill (Curses) go through regular shield, but is blocked by curseward which is sort of like rebounding. It's on a different balance than eq/bal, and putting it up has a delay so there's a window for the Hexen-type person to deliver their curses (until the target gets it back up).
    WHY WE FIGHT
  • EnyalidaEnyalida Nasty Woman, Sockpuppeteer to the Gods
    Lusternia instead requires hexen to first draw most of their hexes before flinging them at enemies, this is the ostensible burst limiter/
  • Is there a curseward ability in Lusternia? In other IREs (well, Imperian and Achaea), the Hexes-flavour skill (Curses) go through regular shield, but is blocked by curseward which is sort of like rebounding. It's on a different balance than eq/bal, and putting it up has a delay so there's a window for the Hexen-type person to deliver their curses (until the target gets it back up).
    nope
  • Imperian is also the only one where cward as its own balance. In Achaea it consumes EQ (stacking higher on higher for each consecutive usage of it).
    Email:        el.ni93@hotmail.com
    Discord:    Rey#1460