Simple Ideas

Comments

• Talents were a fun option in Aetolia. I personally liked the fireworks the best:

• that is slightly more offensive than being jumped in etherglom while I'm harvesting.
  • You can light them before delivery there to bomb people with colors. I was thinking it would be fun to have them as designer drugs here. Like fancier versions of weed.
  • More of a forum idea: To prevent spammers, just require lusternia account login instead of email? So they have to be a verified player. Better yet, require a minimum circle (could be an annoying/hilarious way to grow the playerbase too)

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Orventa said:
    More of a forum idea: To prevent spammers, just require lusternia account login instead of email? So they have to be a verified player. Better yet, require a minimum circle (could be an annoying/hilarious way to grow the playerbase too)
    You already do have to log in with a character.
  • edited December 2016
    Ah, last time I remember seeing it still allowing you to register without a character. Button's still there it seems, but goes nowhere.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Could we have an upgrade (credits or gold) to add a tradeskill to a cartel? Along with another to increase the number of slots?
    I would love to design some more personal stuff, but I don't want to have more clans :(

It would be a lot more convenient for designs for orgs, guilds, families, orders because they could all be in the one cartel, and people who just want to design for themselves can have their own.

ooh, also could we have a command:

cartel <cartel> transfer <design> to <cartel>
    This would be really convenient, especially if the first suggestion is added as we could condense the number of cartels.

Transferring ownership of a design to another cartel means that if you design something for someone and they later get their own cartel, then you can just send it to their cartel.

For example, I have a bunch of Mysraian stuff in one of my cartels and I really want to just send them to an appropriate cartel because... I don't want people from a city I'm enemied to using my clan?
  • Saran said:

This would be really convenient, especially if the first suggestion is added as we could condense the number of cartels.
    We had this way back in 2008, but then people abused it by becoming trademaster of city/commune cartels and looting all the designs to their private ones. I'd be glad to see it come back though, even if it's only between private cartels.
    (clan): Falmiis says, "Aramelise, verb, 1. adorn with many flowers."
  • Aramel said:
    Saran said:

We had this way back in 2008, but then people abused it by becoming trademaster of city/commune cartels and looting all the designs to their private ones. I'd be glad to see it come back though, even if it's only between private cartels.
    Yeah, that seems fair. Maybe it could be a clan leader permission not a trademaster one? Give that they are typically the owner but the trademaster might not be
  • Moved this to ideas: 

Any chance of being able to buy the stockings in batches of 5?

Just if I want to buy enough for one of the coal/peppermint artis then I've got to buy 25. So the only way to do that is to buy 2x packs of ten, 1x pack of three and 2x packs of 1. Which just seems a bit of a clunky way to make transactions. Would just be a bit more userfriendly to purchase.

Like a 5 pack and a 25 pack sound like they would be handy to sell/buy.

@Estarra
  • edited December 2016
    Why can't we make rules about killing people on prime a little bit more strict?
  • edited December 2016
    People are getting jumped by Taevyn even though they don' fight.
  • edited December 2016
    Let <tradeskill> catalogues (like what you see when you do TAILORING SHIRTS) be visible to everyone. It would make it easier (and more fun!) to help people with making the creative stuff, like when someone wants clothing.
  • And if he attacks them again on prime while they still have him as suspect, they can call down the wrath of the Avenger upon him.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • edited December 2016
    But he waits until the pk status is gone and comes back to kill the person again.He jumps members of Magnagora almost every RL month for no reason.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Rolsand said:
    But he waits until the pk status is gone and comes back to kill the person again.He jumps members of Magnagora almost every RL month for no reason.
    Aren't Magnagora and Celest at war? 
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    Not a conversation for ideas, either way.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    Why can't there be some sort of mode where one can't attack you and you can't attack another? But in this mode your not allowed to enter any enemy areas or attack any loyal denizens from an org. This mode would only work on prime.
  • The prime pk stuff is pretty good as it stands. I mean one death a 30 day period isnt a big deal and also champions and defenders can go and defend the person being attacked so do that.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Rolsand said:
    Eritheyl said:
    Why can't there be some sort of mode where one can't attack you and you can't attack another? But in this mode your not allowed to enter any enemy areas or attack any loyal denizens from an org. This mode would only work on prime.
    Because the game is supposed to have some risk to it.  Avenger is the mechanic that limits that risk to a certain level.  If someone is abusing it egregiously, then complain about that person (to the people who can do something about it, his org-leaders).  But this idea you're writing about?  It's not a new one.  It's been discussed in depth many times before, it just hasn't been desired by the Admin, and it's definitely not "simple".  You put something like that in and you have to start worrying about loopholes, like, what if I turn the flag on and start quest-griefing?  Can't touch me!  Haha!
  • QoL stuff I'm missing from other IREs:

- Town criers/guild announcers: Mobs that org leaders can set messages with. Every 2ish hours, mob will announce one of the messages on the list over CT/GT. Good way to keep people informed of upcoming events in an IC way

- MXP linking in help files. [[word]] mxp links to org help file by that name. [{word}] links to generic help file. Eg "Review CHELP [[power]] to learn about out power laws. HELP [{power}] will explain more about what power is." will translate to pretty mxp links. So very useful.

- Editable orghelp index. Lets you change the output and layout and even file listing when people type CHELP, GHELP, etc. Allows you to organize stuff in an easier layout, eg sorting all combat scrolls into one column - combine with mxp linking for much more accessible scrolls for new players, especially those on things like phone/ipad.
  • I think orgs can purchase a town crier from their Patrons. Celest and Mag have one.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Town criers exist in Magnagora and Celest, it could just be a thing your CL needs to talk with org patron about purchasing!

This one exists on the web client, IIRC. I won't say for certain, but I'm *nearly* positive that almost everything that could be mxp is there. 

The last one would be incredibly nice, the only way to do that now (theoretically) would be to delete them all and remake them one at a time with the exact same contents in the preferred order.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    edited December 2016
    Breandryn said:

- MXP linking in help files. [[word]] mxp links to org help file by that name. [{word}] links to generic help file. Eg "Review CHELP [[power]] to learn about out power laws. HELP [{power}] will explain more about what power is." will translate to pretty mxp links. So very useful.
    We got this! Just use LINK(command), case-sensitive, and the click-through will be exactly you plug in. So LINK(CHELP POWER) will bring up the file, and LINK(boogie) will make a mockery of your novice.
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Since Ascension is coming up:

EVENTCONSIDER <denizen>

<denizen> looks to be crushingly strong.
    Killing <denizen> will be worth 10 points in a death game.
    Influencing <denizen> will be worth 5 points in a harmony game.

• EVENTCONSIDER <denizen>

<denizen> looks to be crushingly strong.
    Killing <denizen> will be worth 10 points, but it's not an icedigger, so why are you bothering?