Tweets VII: Tweet Child of Mine

Comments

• Okay? Thanks peanut gallery, I'm glad you're assuming I haven't had paragraph long conversations with Ixion in the past. \o/

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Maligorn - (edit: or toss some shade on the forums without opening any lines of IC communication)
    It looks like this specific forum shade got tossed after opening IC lines of communication, though, so I'm not sure it makes quite the point you're going for.  Even so, it is a little amusing. :p
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sorry, I'm trying to extend my enemy status to Hallifax by verbally sparring with you on the forums.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Shaddus said:
    Sorry, I'm trying to extend my enemy status to Hallifax by verbally sparring with you on the forums.
    Ohh, I see.  You're making commentary on using forum-conversations to make in-game enemy statuses permanent vs. amnesty.
    More or less, I'm expressing mild amusement that Maligorn allows forums arguments to figure in on fines and punishments in character.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • The key words were "not opening any lines of IC communication", i.e. if I hear nothing about your status IC, how am I supposed to overturn it. But thanks for instigating, buddy.

You're welcome :)
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    omg I can't anymore

Y'all need Jesus
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Maligorn said:
    Okay? Thanks peanut gallery, I'm glad you're assuming I haven't had paragraph long conversations with Ixion in the past. \o/
    You assume we assume.

Hello pot.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I liked the part where Falmiis thinks subtweeting Ix excuses himself from criticism.

-Opinion from the peanut gallery
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited December 2016
    I know some people think enemy statuses don't mean anything, but some of us go out of our way to keep in good standing with certain orgs or divine. Being enemied to a divine because you have to declare to scry an individual is obviously pretty and leaving it on is pure spite because you know it bothers Ixion. It's a deliberate eff you move. And you wonder why people react angrily. If you don't want people declaring you to scry, sell your stupid artifact, don't enemy everyone who decides to scry. 

• We all get frustrated from time to time, but I really do hate when people run to the forums with it.

-Peanut-
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • edited December 2016
    Lavinya said:
    I know some people think enemy statuses don't mean anything, but some of us go out of our way to keep in good standing with certain orgs or divine. Being enemied to a divine because you have to declare to scry an individual is obviously pretty and leaving it on is pure spite because you know it bothers Ixion. It's a deliberate eff you move. And you wonder why people react angrily. If you don't want people declaring you to scry, sell your stupid artifact, don't enemy everyone who decides to scry. 

Wait you got enemied for declaring? Isnt that like a sort of ooc mechanic?

If you get enemied for declaring people then that is a bit petty.
  • FalaeronFalaeron Jolteon
    edited December 2016
    I org enemied him because instead of unenemying me and letting both of us get on with our day when I asked him multiple times he decided to be condescending and circular about it. He had plenty of time to do it. I trekked from the mystic pathways in the Southern Icewynd Mountains to almost the eastern edge of the area and hit a pit in every room before I finally enemied him.

I enemied him to Zvoltz because I was investigating Iklara as part of my order RP and he knowingly killed mobs who were required to do the quest.

These were separate events, taking place weeks apart.

If he had come to me diplomatically and tried to sort either of these cases out instead of continuing with the condescending attitude that he is always displaying and basically demanding for the statuses to be removed on both occasions then maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation.
  • It makes no sense for you to be rude, impatient, enemy someone, and then say that they should come to you in a diplomatic manner.

I did eventually speak to Maligorn, a Board member, since he tacked on 2 other statuses for no further reason. Those 2 were set to expire pending no further aggressive action, and they did, and it has been more than double that with no one else removing the city one afterwards, which was directly discussed back then. Weeks later, it remained. The statement was clear.
    ========= Spam removed log of the Icewynd thing. Judge for yourself, drama llamas=======
    Falmiis has entered the area.

A primal cry leaps and crawls up the Southern Icewynd Mountains on a cacophony of nasally voices, clapping and stomping, followed closely by thick curtain of congealed, silvery mist marred with bright, crimson eyes. Shrill cries of terror echo down from the caves and nesting places of the trill tribes that dwell within as they seek shelter, quickly drown out by four, piercing screams of anguish that echo out of the highest peaks of the mountains.

Your sight blurs and loses focus and Avechna whispers in your mind that you must declare aggression against Falmiis before you can locate him.

You declare your intent to bear arms against Falmiis.

The illusion cast by your hooded mask of the Merchants ripples and falls away, revealing you.
    You gaze into a seeing stone.
    Hugging the mountainside.The corrosiveness of the taint sickens the land. The trail caves in here, providing a harsh trail for any passing adventurer as they crawl along the ledge of the mountainside, the hand holds on the rock face slick to the touch. There are some rocks that hang low out of the mountain, causing extreme danger to any average sized explorer as they must duck along the rocks. Hidden deep within the environment lies a mystic pathway. In desperate search for food, a mighty ice mammoth trudges through the snow. Shuffling its cuboidal units around at intervals, a companionable cube of brushed silver floats in mid-air, chirping a cheerful little tune. Motes of icy white energy flutter about within a nebulous volt as it drifts about, humming with faint static.
    You see exits leading northeast and west.
    The angry image of Falmiis fills your mind, sending a painful jolt of energy bouncing through your skull.

Falmiis tells you, "Mind unenemying me?"

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "Why are you doing?"

Falmiis tells you, "I'm falling into your pits, evidently."

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "Doing in icewynd, that is."

Falmiis tells you, "Questing."

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "Vague."

Falmiis tells you, "You know what I'm doing. Are you going to be a jerk about it or can we just move on with our lives?"

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "Questing is very vague. You automatically assume the hostile stance, which I should suspect. I am also questing, in a way. I wanted to know so we could not get in each other's way. But vague inclinations doesn't really help with that."

Falmiis tells you, "I'm killing the ice angels."

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "You just finished the side to where they are in the maelstrom eye?"

Falmiis tells you, "Yes."

** 5 seconds pass **

Falmiis tells you, "Are you going to unenemy me?"

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "Is it possible for you to exude some sense of civility?"

Falmiis tells you, "I asked with much civility."

Falmiis tells you, "Yet your traps are still hitting me every time I move."

You declare that Falmiis will no longer be one of your enemies.

Falmiis tells you, "A simple yes or no would have been an appropriate response."

Falmiis is now one of your enemies.

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "A simple please would have been appropriate as well."

Falmiis has declared you a formal enemy of the Grand Empire of Hallifax for this reason: 'B.II.iii: Assault against a non-denizen citizen in Icewynd'.
    Falmiis has left the area.

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "Perhaps one day you'll learn not to be a child and take a page out of the book of your elders. Morbo, Ushaara, even Shedrin would be greatly disappointed in you."

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "You know very well I had to declare to scry you. When you ask for a favor, retaining an insulting tone will get you nowhere."

Falmiis tells you, "I knew you had to declare me, which is why I asked, not demanded, that you unenemy me. You then tried to be very circular when you knew exactly what was going on. I gave you plenty of time and asked you more than once to unenemy me. Yet you decided not to."

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "You wanted something, and I asked for information on what you were doing specifically in turn. I had actually unenemied you for a time, but you persisted your hostile and abrasive tone. Unwarranted and unneeded."

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "Also you should summon your cube lest it die."

A companionable cube bobs his head several times just before trotting off.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    I'm not a Board member. There was a law passed a while back that pruned a lot of the people in the clan. Just ministers and GMs now.

• LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    edited December 2016
    It really is a stupid mechanic.

EDIT: Also the declaration would have faded in a short time anyway, so making a big deal about being an enemy when you basically force people to declare you just to scry is pretty damned petty. You two arguing aside, the enemy status is outrageously spiteful. 'omg I fell into your pits after you had to declare me to scry me and you didn't unenemy me you are clearly out to get Hallifax.' Uhuh.

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    To be fair, Ixion did come to me, but I was unable to do anything about it at the time because of Argh Pee. Thankfully, that's over now.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Lavinya said:
    EDIT: Also the declaration would have faded in a short time anyway, so making a big deal about being an enemy when you basically force people to declare you just to scry is pretty damned petty. You two arguing aside, the enemy status is outrageously spiteful. 'omg I fell into your pits after you had to declare me to scry me and you didn't unenemy me you are clearly out to get Hallifax.' Uhuh.
     I was being hit by his pits all throughout the area, where I was trying to quest. He knew exactly what I was doing (and would have seen me trip all of his pits) but chose to drag out the exchange instead of just unenemying me when I first asked him. This exchange went on for quite some time because I was actually influencing along the way as well. I didn't even realise he had unenemied me for a brief moment until after because I was probably in the middle of influencing and he had enemied me again by the time I moved to the next room.

Was it spiteful? Yeah, maybe, but let's not pretend Ixion is innocent here.
  • Cheesus. The above cited is not the single, only reason Ixion got a status from Hallifax.

• Ixion said:

You tell Falmiis Shevat, "Perhaps one day you'll learn not to be a child and take a page out of the book of your elders. Morbo, Ushaara, even Shedrin would be greatly disappointed in you."

Ixion, I like you, you're cool, but please don't use my name as some sort of bludgeon in your arguments. I'm perfectly capable of deciding for myself what I think about things.

In this case, I wouldn't have enemied you if I were in Falmiis' position, but I entirely see why he was annoyed, and the enemying was legally legit. Continuing to be confrontational only secures the enemy status as has been pointed out before.
  • Idk why people get so chocked up about enemy statuses lmao.
    "Oh yeah we've been at war for 200 years just about, give or take, and he has contested us in pretty much every meaningful battle but yeah he's cool, we practically consider him a buddy" - Immersion/10
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited December 2016
    Shedrin..

It was said as a RP leverage to invoke some notions of inadequacy compared to older Halli legends (aka, he did a bad and should feel bad). I hope you read it that way.. certainly I know you can speak for yourself. Also, IC "Legal" is entirely subjective, and need not have anything to do with what is reasonable.

Regarding another point mentioned, unless a trap is marked, you don't see the pits fire. They weren't marked.
  • Oh and this is late but:
    When is Magnagora going to keep their griefers in line and boot them out of the org just like Hallifax is supposed to :neutral:
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • edited December 2016
    Yarith said:
    Idk why people get so chocked up about enemy statuses lmao.
    "Oh yeah we've been at war for 200 years just about, give or take, and he has contested us in pretty much every meaningful battle but yeah he's cool, we practically consider him a buddy" - Immersion/10

To be fair, Yarith. That is a perfectly valid line of RP, and there are plenty of people who have pulled it off - some spectacularly, some more subtly. At the bottom line, there are plenty of competitions and mechanics that are meant to pit orgs against one another, and generally speaking, it is exceedingly difficult to be friendly, or even neutral, with members of an org that is dictated by lore or politics to be at odds with your own membership - but it is precisely because of that which makes it all the immersive when someone actually pulls it off against the odds.

I'm not saying Ixion's situation is such a case here - I've no idea what's going on, anyway, OOCly or ICly, but brushing aside people who pursue that line of RP just because it doesn't fit your personal RP or inclinations is probably a little tunnelvision-y. Let them have their RP, if they are willing to put in the effort, and actually manage, to pull it off - I say this, by the way, as a player who will never go down that route myself, either ICly or OOCly. Lerad as a character wasn't created for cross-org RP that goes beyond being an antagonist and enemy.

Edited to make clear what I was replying to.

• MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited December 2016
    So hopefully, people can understand why Ixion isn't seen in the best light by Hallifax right now, since he ostensibly supported Gaudiguch during the Ashtariel event when he had more wiggle room than usual to back Hallifax instead. A very clear option imo that wasn't taken.

Even if Ixion argues that he was neutral (which he does), Hallifax has every right to be displeased with someone who supposedly loves to brag about his ties with the Collective and Zvoltz despite the enemy/ally lines that are drawn right now.

Maligorn said:
    So hopefully, people can understand why Ixion isn't seen in the best light by Hallifax right now, since he ostensibly supported Gaudiguch during the Ashtariel event when he had more wiggle room than usual to back Hallifax instead. A very clear option imo that wasn't taken.

Yarith said:
    Idk why people get so chocked up about enemy statuses lmao.
    So which is it? Should Ixion have sided with his allies, or sided with Hallifax?

It's pretty clear to me.
This discussion has been closed.