Final Fantasy

Comments

• Well, tbf, Squall was just... emo.

• Lol that's the best

Avurekhos says, "Dylara's a PvP menace in my eyes, totes rekting face."

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

• Crek said:
    ... but for some reason they named it a Final Fantasy game in the States.
    Fun fact: They did so in order to ride on the Final Fantasy express so they could boost sales.
  • SilvanusSilvanus The Sparrowhawk
    I haven't played a Final Fantasy since IX (9 right?) and XV looks really good, I like the new system of fighting.

Both Final Fantasy Tactics were awesome, but FFTA had a terrible story compared to FFT. Ramza and Delita were some of my two favorite characters.
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    So is Final Fantasy V as amazing as the list above implies?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Sylandra said:
    So is Final Fantasy V as amazing as the list above implies?
    V has Gilgamesh, for that alone it's brilliant.

"Nowwe fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men!"

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Imo, final fantasy 5 had one of the best storylines in the series. The antagonist is literally an evil sorcerer that formed from a tree soaked in evil souls, or something to that effect. It starts out slow, but once you start getting a few decent jobs under your belt, you can really mix and match to your heart's content. Everyone in the game is amazing.

Except Krile. She's annoying.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
    Faris <3
    2014/04/19 01:38:01 - Leolamins drained 2000000 power to raise Silvanus as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2014/07/23 05:01:29 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Munsia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:07 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Arimisia as a Vernal Ascendant.
    2015/05/24 06:03:58 - Silvanus drained 2000000 power to raise Lavinya as a Vernal Ascendant.
    Just bought it from Amazon for $35
  • EritheylEritheyl ** Trigger Warning **
    So, I'm one of those people. I have never played any FF game, ever. Is...is there even an order to them? The answer probably being 'yes but not really no', as I've gathered through light reading, makes me really queasy. Is starting at the beginning a bad idea?
    Crumkane, Lord of Epicurean Delights says, "WAS IT INDEED ON FIRE, ERITHEYL."

-

With a deep reverb, Contemptible Sutekh says, "CEASE YOUR INFERNAL ENERGY, ERITHEYL."
  • Eritheyl said:
    So, I'm one of those people. I have never played any FF game, ever. Is...is there even an order to them? The answer probably being 'yes but not really no', as I've gathered through light reading, makes me really queasy. Is starting at the beginning a bad idea?
    They are all standalone games; jump in wherever you'd like.
  • Eritheyl said:
    Only a few have direct sequals, and they're usually titled as such (XIII-2, X-2). A couple exceptions but you could jump in at any point.

The eye of Dylara materialises in your hands and flings itself around your neck, tightening incomprehensibly until it is irremovable.
    Perfectly clean, this eyeball has been wrenched from the socket of Dylara. It has been animated by some unusual force, constantly looking around itself as if in shock or fear. It is bathed in a light covering of white flames that roll endlessly over its surface. A single chain of empyreal metal pierces either side of the eye, allowing it to be worn around the neck.

edited December 2016
    They are stand alone franchises more than stand alone games due to some having sequels and spin offs (IV - The After Years, X-2, XII - Revenant wings and the tactics series *loosely* and XIII and it's sequels)

XIV (the second online one) has a LOT of references to the rest of the series 

However. Playing V sooner than later explains why Gilgamesh keeps showing up in later games.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

Eritheyl said:
    I don't know what systems you have. If you have an old PS or PS2, go with anything 10/X or below. Don't play 13. Ever.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited December 2016
    Play 13 if you like, it gets a lot of flack but it wasn't completely horrible. There has been worse games, but it was a let down compared to other final fantasy games (I personally hated 3 more than 13).

• edited December 2016
    Everything 7 and after is available via Steam, anyway. Well, except XV.

Everything before 7 is available via emulators in all their SNES/NES glory, bugs and all.

• Lerad said:
    Isn't the main character supposed to be very whiny or something?
    He's kind of whiney and nonchalant, but it's not horrible. I don't want to kick him in the teeth or anything like I did Squall. He's probably the least interesting of the 4 characters, but when does FF ever pick the best character to be the main character.
    I'm totally not Cyndarin.
  • Squall was the worst of the ff main characters. I mean he was like trying to be as broody at Cloud but just came across as a whiny one.
    He gets decent at the end of Disc 2 when he takes charge during the Garden battle.

Would say Vaan is worse, he's just annoying and you wish you were playing Penelo, Fran, Ashe or hell even Basch.

But above all else you wish you were Balthier.

@Krackenor convinced me to buy IX while the Steam sale is going on. Baby's first FF. :o
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • I hated Tidus more than Vaan. Balthier would have made an amazing lead character, minus weird sexy bunny sidekick. 

FF9 is so good! Dagger is trash, drop her the second you get Eiko. 
    Dagger is amazing, Eiko and Quina are two of the most annoying characters to me in any FF.

But Vivi is simply the best character in all of FF, so all is forgiven.
  • Eiko was a waaay better healer/offensive caster. Even better than Vivi.
    I like Fran.

That might partially be because Viera are OP in tactics advance and I have her Multi Breakdown SSB in Record Keeper.

Best character in all FF is Celes though.

Niradnic said:
    Eiko was a waaay better healer/offensive caster. Even better than Vivi.
    Get out of my forums, heretic.

Besides, Quina was the real MVP of IX
    Sylandra said:
    @Krackenor convinced me to buy IX while the Steam sale is going on. Baby's first FF. :open_mouth:

One of the best If just for the FMV.

edited December 2016
    I have been told your video has a major spoiler and I'm not to watch it until told otherwise. But I trust you're right. :D
    Daraius said: