Breandryn's Big Adventure

So, be careful what you wander into in Magnagora. Things are not as they seeeeeeeem.

-----------------

Also, sorry to Mag for my newbiness. No harm was intended!

------------------

Before the City Zoo. (Capital City of the Mighty Province of Magnagora.)
A fresh breeze is blowing through the area. Rheimos is here, looking as bored as can be. A gas lamp casts pale, ghostly light across the streets from atop a tall, ornately gilded iron post. A statue of a decaying gargoyle stands here, memorialising his noble spirit. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.
You see exits leading southeast and west.

You greet Rheimos, the City Zookeeper with a sincere smile.
Rheimos, the City Zookeeper exclaims, "The exotic animals must have only a diet of rats. Do you hear? And whatever you do, keep dogs away from them!"

You nod your head sagely.

Through the turnstiles. (Capital City of the Mighty Province of Magnagora.)
A palpable, seething hunger - endless, terrible, and awesome to behold - distorts the air in a gibbous miasma, heralding a war shrine of Morgfyre nearby. It is uncomfortably hot. The row of turnstiles to the east opens onto a large courtyard. Several merchants have their wares displayed on rolling carts here, selling overpriced candy and small toys for children to play with as they wander through the zoo. A small pond here is filled with fish that can be fed with handfuls of food that are dispensed from a small machine. Two paved paths lead off to the north and south toward the animal cages. A gas lamp casts pale, ghostly light across the streets from atop a tall, ornately gilded iron post. A statue of a decaying gargoyle stands here, memorialising his noble spirit. Trailing fluttering motes of dreams, the evanescent form of a blithe dream phoenix lingers here, gossamer wings of ethereal light cascading behind her.
You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

You have emoted: Breandryn wanders through the zoo entrance, eyes widening in delight as children scream and shout, darting past her like waves crashing around a rock. She merely walks, slow as can be, taking in all the sights. Nervously, she approaches one of the carts, smiling tentatively at one of the merchants.

You have emoted: Breandryn hesitates and then giggles, nodding as she indicates a bright lollipop. She hands over some coins and then holds her new treasure close to her, beaming.

You have emoted: Breandryn gives her lollipop a quick lick, smiles and then quickly stumbles towards the fish pond, her candy forgotten as she spies the food dispeners. Happily, she acquires a handful of food and drops to one knee on the rocks ringing the pond, sending a scatter of fish flakes across the water's surface.

You have emoted: Breandryn watches in interest as the fish swarm and leap at the food, one head tilted to one side in thought. Absently, she lets another dusty trail of flakes fall across the pond's surface, her gaze more curious and intent as she watches the reaction of the fish.

A shuttered glass lantern perches high atop this ornately gilded iron post, its pale gas light within flickering from an unseen source. Crouching with bat-like wings outspread, a small gargoyle serves as the finial of the lamp post, mischief written across his grinning features. The wrought iron post is gilded with the spheres of the High Magic Tree of Life, from Malkuth - the material earth - at the base up to Kether, rendered in the misty image of the outer cosmic plane of Nil.
It weighs about 200 pounds.
It has the following aliases: lamp.

You have emoted: Breandryn lingers, watching the fish for several moments longer. Eyes narrowing in thought, she returns to the food dispenser, gathering more flakes to feed the fish. Her lips purse, and she feeds in coin after coin, until a pile nearly half as tall as her has been poured.

You have emoted: Breandryn slowly pushes the resulting mess towards the pond, enough feed to fill each fish's belly thrice-over, and slowly dumps it into the water. She scrambles back down to the rocks, eyes wide as her face hovers over the water, watching eagerly to see what the fish do.

You have emoted: The result is shocking and sad and Breandryn observes it in silence, brow furrowing as she thinks. The fish, unfettered by reason and logic, follow their bellies and eat and eat and eat, scales shimmering as stomaches swell and water churning as tiny jaws snap and snatch and feed. Streaks of blood froth into a crimson mist, the little creatures turning on each other as they drive themselves into a frenzy of excess.

You have emoted: Breandryn's thoughtful frown sharpens, a compassionate worry warring with her intense interest, leaving her expression confused. Hesitantly, she reaches towards the waters, a finger dipping below the surface - it is too late, though. Most of the fish are gone, fed to death or sliced to ribbons in the chaos. She swallows slowly, hand dipping lower to scoop up a flopping, flailing fish, lifting it upwards to watch as the creature dies, gills gasping and mouth working futilely.

You have emoted: "Shh..." Breandryn murmurs gently to the dying fish, fingers lightly stroking across the scales in a soft, soothing gesture. "Shhh..."

You tilt back your head and inhale deeply through your nose, the whiskers of a wolf's snout upon your face twitching as you sense the faint traces of others in the surrounding area.
You make out the scent of Veldrin coming from a panoramic view of the City.
You make out the scent of Gavriel coming from marble arch before the Necropolis.
You make out the scent of Maleran coming from the Portals of Magnagora.
You make out the scent of Kailanna coming from centre of the Necropolis.
You make out the scent of Shango coming from centre of the Necropolis.

You tell Heresiarch Gavriel d'Vanecu, Demagogue of Dissonance, "I apologize, but I seem to have slain your fish."

Gavriel tells you, "My fish? I was unaware I kept one."

You tell Heresiarch Gavriel d'Vanecu, Demagogue of Dissonance, "Oh, well, your city's...I am sorry, I do not know many here. I remember you from the ball. You seemed important."

You tell Heresiarch Gavriel d'Vanecu, Demagogue of Dissonance, "The zoo's fish, I mean."

Gavriel tells you, "Nnh.. Zoo's fish, zoo's fish.. no harm no foul, one supposes. I don't frequent the zoo particularly often."

You tell Heresiarch Gavriel d'Vanecu, Demagogue of Dissonance, "All right...If anyone asks or is upset, I will do what I can to fix it. I am not trained in animal husbandry, but I am sure there are books."

Clouds of thick, roiling brown smog drift through the twisting streets of the city, their oily texture slithering across your skin.

You have emoted: Breandryn flushes, carefully lowering her hand back into the water to let the dead fish float away. "Sorry..." she whispers, cheeks flushed. Her stare, however, remains sharp, fixed on the fish with thoughtful interest.

Woodland exhibits. (Capital City of the Mighty Province of Magnagora.)
It is uncomfortably hot. The path is shady here as it leads in from the courtyard to the south. Large cages stand in the open air here, some tall enough to contain full-grown trees. The cages all have similar, but varied woodland environments to accomodate the many different animals. The cages are each home to a number of animals that are identified by wooden plaques with paintings of each creature next to a description of the it. Outside of the cages there are many more trees planted, lining the path as it leads to an area with picnic benches to the southwest. A statue of a decaying gargoyle stands here, memorialising his noble spirit. Chained to a post, a carnivorous rabbit gazes up at you with large doleful eyes.
You see exits leading south and southwest.

Gavriel tells you, "Hah. I will keep this in mind. In the meanwhile, do try to avoid slaughtering any wayward animals. We use them for medical and scientific testing."

You tell Heresiarch Gavriel d'Vanecu, Demagogue of Dissonance, "Oh, no, it was not intended! I just...I just wanted to see what would happen. They liked to eat, so I gave them more and more and..."

You tell Heresiarch Gavriel d'Vanecu, Demagogue of Dissonance, "It seems there is a limit to what fish should be fed."

You tell Heresiarch Gavriel d'Vanecu, Demagogue of Dissonance, "I will be very careful and not kill anything else. I am ever so sorry!"

About the size of a small pony, this rabbit is enormous. Though the sharpened teeth and vicious talons are a far cry from an ordinary rabbit, the long floppy ears, large doe-like eyes and wriggling pink nose confirm its species. The plush fur is brown with red flecks, and its eyes are pools of black. It is securely chained to a post, but it seems not to care, sitting back on its haunches and gazing at passersby with piercing, strangely intelligent eyes. The skull is almost like a balloon, making it oddly top heavy. A small sign instructs visitors not to feed it.
A carnivorous rabbit is quite powerful.
She weighs about 281 pounds.
You cannot see what a carnivorous rabbit is holding.
It has the following aliases: rabbit.

You have emoted: Breandryn stares up at a carnivorous rabbit, eyes wide with wonder. "Oh..." she breathes at the bunny. "You are magical." She's smiling, the expression delighted and awe-struck, and she hugs her arms tight about herself, swaying slowly from side to side.

You masterfully decipher the text using '*' as the key.
"Breandryn's Dreams", By Breandryn (Page 10)

Tzarin 5th, 457 CE:

<snip>

Today, I dreamed of the past and melancholy, of all adust and lonely, of
mourning and hate and regret. I dreamed a darkness bubbled inside of me,
like tar boiling up, and it drowned and consumed me as it spread to
cover the forests I have lost - no, in my dreams, it was they who had
lost me, and I ignited the pitch and watched them all burn as I laughed
and felt sweetly victorious. This dream fascinated me and frightened me
and I am unsure how to feel of it. I am a rabbit. Rabbits do not start
infernos. Rabbits are cooked over campfires when there is nothing else
to be found to eat. Someday, though, I shall no longer be a rabbit, oh,
no - this is what I dreamed.

<snip>

You have emoted: Breandryn flips through her journal, pages turning backwards until she reaches one from several years ago. She smiles, glancing between her book and the bunny as she reads, softly picking out passages, her lilting voice rising and falling to be lost in snatches of wind.

A carnivorous rabbit says, "Pllleease... feeeed me."

Hugging the journal to her chest in surprise, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "You...you speak!"

You have emoted: Breandryn creeps nervously closer to the rabbit, clear fear struggling against her innate curiosity. She tip-toes a few steps closer until she is just out of range of a lunge. The beast speaks again, and her brow knits together in a wince, compassion shoving aside the last of her fear.

Worried, stepping even closer, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "What...What can I do to help? What would you like to eat?"

You have emoted: Breandryn fumbles in her pack, retrieving a handful of wilted carrots. She smiles hopefully, holding them closer to the rabbit.

Offering the vegetables, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "Will this help?"

You give a bag of vegetables to a carnivorous rabbit.
A carnivorous rabbit gnaws on a bag of vegetables, but then tosses it to the ground.

Richly clothed viscanti nobles sweep imperiously by in a swish of colourful silks, their faces obscured behind elaborate masks that reveal only their sharp eyes.

You have emoted: Breandryn nervously deposits the vegetables close enough for the rabbit to reach and watches sadly as the beast discards them in disinterest. She steps closer to the rabbit, pressing herself out of the way as a group of viscanti nobles sweep by, before she looks back at the creature in concern.

Blushing, the zookeeper's words returning to her, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "...rats? Do you...you eat rats?"

Softly, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "Do not worry, fierce bunny. I will find you food."

You give the corpse of a young rat to a carnivorous rabbit.
A carnivorous rabbit gnaws on the corpse of a young rat, but then tosses it to the ground.

You give the corpse of a black rat to a carnivorous rabbit.
A carnivorous rabbit gnaws on the corpse of a black rat, but then tosses it to the ground.

Confused, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "Not rats? Do you...maybe..."

You have emoted: Breandryn frowns, dropping to one knee. "Bert," she mumbles to nobody in particular. "Help out?"

You have emoted: A little head pops out from a fold in Breandryn's sari - flame-wreathed and serpentine, the salamander's body soon follows, suggesting some small bit of flesh-working or paradigmatics involved to handle such an...incendiary companion. The woman smiles at the lizard, arm lifting to nudge him down it towards the pile of rats.

You drop a tiny firebreathing salamander.

You have emoted: Breandryn's salamander scoots along happily, leaving a streak of scorched earth and charred corpses in his wake. The woman seems to remember enough of her time in the forests to gather twigs and kindling, building a more proper fire for the salamander to then ignite. Spearing a skinned rat on a long-ish branch, she sits back on her heels, properly cooking the meat.

Black soot rains down like snow from the striated and polluted skies above the Capital City of Magnagora, showering you with grimy chemical residue.

Happily hopeful, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "It'll be all right. Nearly done cooking these!"

Black soot rains down like snow from the striated and polluted skies above the Capital City of Magnagora, showering you with grimy chemical residue.

You have emoted: Breandryn frowns as soot rains down, nose wrinkling as she blows on the charred meat to dislodge as much of the pollution as she can, before she smiles weakly, extending the stick towards the rabbit. She tears off one little haunch for herself, taking a smile nibble to try to encourage the beast.

Eating her own morsel of rat, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "See? Mmmm, try it..." She nearly gags, hand dropping the branch as she tastes what, exactly, flame-broiled Magnagoran rat tastes like, and holds her fingers over her mouth with a queasy smile. "....On second thought, don't. Let's....find your something else."

Before the City Zoo. (Capital City of the Mighty Province of Magnagora.)
A fresh breeze is blowing through the area. Rheimos is here, looking as bored as can be. A gas lamp casts pale, ghostly light across the streets from atop a tall, ornately gilded iron post. A statue of a decaying gargoyle stands here, memorialising his noble spirit. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground.
You see exits leading southeast and west.

Rheimos, the City Zookeeper says, "If you hunt rats, you can sell 'em to me and I'll take 'em off your hands."

Gently tugging on his sleeve, quietly, you say to Rheimos, the City Zookeeper, "What about the rabbit, Mister Zookeeper? What can I feed the beautiful bunny?"

Rheimos, the City Zookeeper exclaims, "Whatever you do, don't you be feeding the exotic animals anything, especially dog meat! I'm warning you!"

You blush furiously.

You have emoted: Breandryn chews on her lip in thought.

Softly, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "I'm sorry. I....I will find you something, soon."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "What would one feed a rabbit that is as large as a pony? I think it may be carnivorous."

(Gaudiguch): Danquik says, "Ex wives... husbands... miscreant children."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Rhi, are you about?"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Do you truly think a rabbit eats people?"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "How fierce."

(Illuminati): Danquik says, "You did say you think it is carnivorous."

(Gaudiguch): Rolan says, "I think it's somewhat disturbing that immediately after asking about a pony-sized rabbit and feeding it, Brea asked if Rhi is about."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Are you volunteering, then, Just Rolan?"

You tilt back your head and inhale deeply through your nose, the whiskers of a wolf's snout upon your face twitching as you sense the faint traces of others in the surrounding area.
You make out the scent of Dahlla coming from centre of the Necropolis.
You make out the scent of Nefara coming from centre of the Necropolis.
You make out the scent of Maleran coming from Necropolis ritual chamber.
You make out the scent of Rolsand coming from centre of the Necropolis.
You make out the scent of Jharen coming from centre of the Necropolis.

(Gaudiguch): Rolan says, "Not at all."

You have emoted: Breandryn chews on the inside of her cheek, considering a carnivorous rabbit thoughtfully. Her concern has abated to something quieter, a curious intensity in her stare as she eyes the rabbit. Her head tilts to one side, eyebrows pulling together.

Pensively, warily, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "Are...they right? Are you hungry for...for people?"

(Gaudiguch): Danquik says, "I am more curious where you found a pony-sized rabbit."

(Gaudiguch): Danquik says, "Cause that sounds delicious... I mean adorable."

You have emoted: Breandryn draws in a slow breath, starting as the rabbit speaks. "I...oh..." she mumbles, a flush rising across her cheeks. She nods faintly, one hand shakily lifting towards the rabbit as she winces.

(Gaudiguch): You say, "In the zoo-."

You reach out and touch a carnivorous rabbit.

You have emoted: Breandryn's eyes squeeze shut, glancing away - despite her curiosity driving her, apparently, into offering at least a finger or two to the rabbit, she seems unable to watch, and so instead reaches blindly towards the bunny.

You have emoted: Seconds pass, but Breandryn seems to be retaining all of her fingers. She exhales slowly, hand quickly retreating to press tight against her chest. Her eyes open and she smiles shakily at the rabbit.

Softly, nervously, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "Not people, then!"

(Gaudiguch): You say, "He does not seem to want to eat people, if that helps."

(Gaudiguch): Abelor says, "Let's eat him then!"

You make out the scent of Nefara coming from curving Clothos Lane.

You have emoted: Breandryn wrinkles her nose at the remnants of the campfire. "Come, Bert," she mumbles, tapping one hand lightly against her hip. The salamander skitters up her leg, leaving a little trail of scorched paw-prints across the silky fabric, before, with a twist and a puff of smoke, he's gone, leaving the woman staring at the rabbit in pensive silence.

(Gaudiguch): You say, "No, he is a fierce rabbit. It's beautiful."

(Gaudiguch): Danquik says, "Think of all the luck we could get from his feet. I mean those things must be ginormous."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "No! We should help him! He is hungry!"

(Gaudiguch): Danquik says, "Good thinking. Fatten him up!"

A carnivorous rabbit exclaims, "Foood! Foooooood!!!"

Danquik tells you, "I hope my sense of humour doesn't upset you!"

You have emoted: Breandryn absently toys with a lock of bottle green hair, a frown tugging at her lips. "Do not listen to them," she whispers softly to the rabbit. Her eyes narrow and a fierce note comes into her voice. "I will help you." She nods firmly as she makes the promise, strength fading into a soft blush as she whispers to the bunny, "For I am a rabbit, too, and can perhaps learn to be as strong as you."

You tell Danquik, "I want to help the bunny."

You have emoted: Breandryn nods firmly. "Food," she agrees in a determined echo.

You make out the scent of Nefara coming from curving Clothos Lane.
You make out the scent of Kailanna coming from chambers of the Mystagogue.

Danquik tells you, "I don't know anything about animal husbandry, Shango might."

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "Hello. There is a rabbit here in your zoo which seems very hungry. I have tried giving him vegetables and rats and even baked them, thinking perhaps he would enjoy them flame-broiled, but he will not eat and is still hungry."

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "Do you know what he may like to eat?"

Nefara tells you, "Of course! He enjoys the mutts of the city and wild dog from the Blasted Lands."

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "Oh...are you sure? The Zookeeper said I should keep dogs away!"

(Gaudiguch): Enadonella says, "Breandryn, that rabbits enjoys the flesh of a canine."

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "I...SOMEONE killed the fish. I don't want to hurt the rabbit, too."

(Gaudiguch): You say, "Oh, I see."

Nefara tells you, "The Zookeeper needs to refrain from meddling in some affairs."

In a happy, hopeful whisper, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "I think I know what you will like!"

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "It is all right if I feed the bunny, then?"

Nefara tells you, "It is. However, I advise to try and avoid overfeeding unless you will deal with the aftermath and provide the corpse to a Magnagoran."

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "Af...aftermath?"

Nefara tells you, "Yes. There is a point to feeding them so much, but I'm unsure if you wish to deal with it, so I figured a bit of warning wouldn't be remiss."

Woodland exhibits. (Capital City of the Mighty Province of Magnagora.)
It is uncomfortably hot. A statue of a decaying gargoyle stands here, memorialising his noble spirit. Chained to a post, a carnivorous rabbit gazes up at you with large doleful eyes. A bag of vegetables sits on the ground here. The body of a young rat lies here. A dead black rat lies here, the fire in its eyes gone out. Set loose, a tiny firebreathing salamander plots its next inferno.
You see exits leading south and southwest.

You have emoted: Breandryn trundles back in, arms full of limp corpses - dogs, by the look of the fur. Her short height leaves each body dragging on the floor, paws tracing a bloody trail behind her. She seems oblivious to this, determined to see her task through, and carefully piles the bodies before the rabbit.

Nervously, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "All right. Ena says you like mutts...These are from the Blasted Lands. I...I don't know if they are safe to eat though-."

You give the corpse of a mutated mutt to a carnivorous rabbit.
A carnivorous rabbit gnaws on the corpse of a mutated mutt, but then tosses it to the ground.

You give the corpse of a filthy gutter mutt to a carnivorous rabbit.
Your karma rises in response to your deeds.
A carnivorous rabbit viciously tears into the corpse of a filthy gutter mutt, splitting open its skull and devouring the brains in great gulps.

A carnivorous rabbit exclaims, "M-m-moooore! Waaant more!"

A carnivorous rabbit cries out, as its skull begins to throb and expand.

Blinking, you say, "Not those, then, but the gutter-."

You have emoted: Breandryn shrinks back, eyes wide. "Oh..." she murmurs in fear. "Oh!"

Panicking, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "Oh, no! What's wrong - do you need more?!"

A carnivorous rabbit viciously tears into the corpse of a filthy gutter mutt, splitting open its skull and devouring the brains in great gulps.

A carnivorous rabbit nibbles at your ankles.

Rheimos, the City Zookeeper yells, "Help! Help! A carnivorous rabbit has gone wild and escaped! To arms! To arms!"

A carnivorous rabbit launches itself at your shins.

A carnivorous rabbit hops off to the south.

You yell, "Oh, no, bunny come back!"

A sealed off exhibit with cages. (Capital City of the Mighty Province of Magnagora.)
A palpable, seething hunger - endless, terrible, and awesome to behold - distorts the air in a gibbous miasma, heralding a war shrine of Morgfyre nearby. Broken chains trailing around it, a carnivorous rabbit rampages here.
You see a single exit leading east.

A carnivorous rabbit launches itself at your shins.

You say to a carnivorous rabbit, "Calm down. Ow, not that - eat the dogs!"

You cannot pick up a carnivorous rabbit.

A carnivorous rabbit nibbles at your ankles.

Queen's Own Torturer, Shango D'Cente, the Shifting Blade yells, "I hope you're not the one feeding our zoo animals though, Breandryn."

Pleading, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "Stay still? Come, let's go back to your cage..."

You yell, "He seemed so hungry...."

A carnivorous rabbit leaps on you and rips at your throat with her sharp teeth.

"Shh!" you say to a carnivorous rabbit, putting a finger to your lips.

A carnivorous rabbit hops off to the down.

Catacomb laboratory beneath the zoo. (lost)
A palpable, seething hunger - endless, terrible, and awesome to behold - distorts the air in a gibbous miasma, heralding a war shrine of Morgfyre nearby. Broken chains trailing around it, a carnivorous rabbit rampages here.
You see exits leading up and in.

A carnivorous rabbit leaps on you and rips at your throat with her sharp teeth.

Eyes even wider, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "Where....WHERE ARE WE."

Catacomb laboratory beneath the zoo.
A palpable, seething hunger - endless, terrible, and awesome to behold - distorts the air in a gibbous miasma, heralding a war shrine of Morgfyre nearby. Rows of caskets and skulls line the walls of this spacious chamber, the skulls bleached white with age and of varying racial origins - ranging from viscanti to trill and aslaran. Several monstrous skulls from giant snakes, camels and walruses lie strewn across the pebbled stone floor; bits of dry flesh still cling to the skulls, indicating a newer age. A rickety stone table lies in the centre of the chamber, atop which perch beakers and other scientific equipment, making this catacomb into an unusual makeshift laboratory. A spiraling stone staircase leads upwards to an opening where fresh air drifts in, bringing with it all the unpleasant animal odours and noises of the zoo. Broken chains trailing around it, a carnivorous rabbit rampages here.
You see exits leading up and in.

Frowning as she does her best to soothe the rabid creature, you say to a carnivorous rabbit, "I did feed you, beautiful bunny, and look at what it's done...Calm, calm..."

*** bunny chasing ***

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "So...supposing someone accidentally fed the bunny too much..."

Nefara tells you, "Kill the rabbit before it flees too far."

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "...kill it?!"

Nefara tells you, "Yes."

Nefara tells you, "Quickly!"

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "But, but, but it was my fault! I don't want the bunny to suffer!"

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "Oh no, did he hurt you??"

You tell Archmage Nefara Feyranti, "I'm very sorry. It seems feeding the bunny was very bad and I will leave your city."

Nefara tells you, "The zoo animals are kept for a purpose. Their purpose is to be fed and slain. I will now ask you refrain from feeding any more of the zoo animals, so the rest don't suffer the same fate yet."

*** At this point I discover that I got in the way of the epic quest! OH NO! I ran off and try to make apologies... ***

You sent the following message to Rideta: Hello. I am very sorry for angering your city. I went to go see the zoo and there was a bunny there who was hungry and was fierce and beautiful. I tried feeding him carrots and then rats and I even cooked the rats (I do not advise that) and then was told he wanted mutts, so I fed him three and his head got big and he went rabid. This seems to have quite an issue, and I am very sorry. I should have obeyed the posted signs. Please do not enemy me. How can I fix it?

Rideta tells you, "You do not seem to be an enemy."

You tell Warlady Rideta Feyranti, of the Gaping Maw, "Is there something I can do to make it better? I can design many things."

Rideta tells you, "The Sohei is rather naturally suspicious of all activities taking place in our home by Outsiders, especially those that directly or indirectly affect City Happenings. You have been warned, take it as that."

You tell Warlady Rideta Feyranti, of the Gaping Maw, "All right, I am sorry."

Rideta tells you, "Many creatures in Magnagora are not what they seem. Many creatures in the basin, in fact. The beast cries from hunger because we keep it hungry - You see how it responded when fed? Sometimes, we do things to hurt ourselves and others to keep them from even greater pain. You fed the animal against the warnings in effort to ease its pain, and now it is dead. I suspect that will be lesson enough for you, for now."

You tell Warlady Rideta Feyranti, of the Gaping Maw, "Yes, warlady. I have learned several lessons."

Rideta tells you, "Good."

*** Apology gift ***

Centre of the Necropolis. (Capital City of the Mighty Province of Magnagora.)
A jet black taint wyrm with bloody teeth is coiled on the ground here, spoiling the air around him with his corrosive stench. Archmage Nefara Feyranti is here, shrouded. He wields a twisted staff in his left hand and a meat shield in his right. Mystagogue Kailanna n'Kylbar, Matriarch of Jackals is here. She wields a bloody symbol of pain in her left hand and a disciplinarian's long-handled flaying whip in her right.
You see exits leading north, east, south, and west.

An illithoid reaver says, "This is Magnagora Breandryn, and I'll break your neck if you forget it."

You have emoted: Breandryn nods at the reaver, eyes wide.

You give a painting of "WARNING: NO FEEDING!" to Archmage Nefara Feyranti.

Kailanna raises an eyebrow at you.

You have emoted: Breandryn ducks into a clumsy curtsey, flushing in embarrassment. "Perhaps so others do not make my mistake," she mumbles, shrugging.

Painting:

"WARNING: NO FEEDING!"

A large bunny takes up the center of this picture, painted in sloppy handprints to create an arresting, impressionistic take on the topic. Bright eyes and a wrinkled nose sit below adorably soft, floppy ears, with streaked white paint feathering off in a cloudy nimbus to hint at the fluffy coat. Finger-drawn food surround the canvas in a delicious ring, clumps of carrots cavorting in one corner to match smiling drumsticks and cheering kabobs down along the bottom border. Delicately hazed over this cheery base, a clear, glossy paint streaks out a second, secret side to the painting, visible only when viewed askance as it takes on the hue of light reflected back. With streaks here and swirls there, the effects are subtle, but jarring - cute teeth extend into fangs, fur bristles, eyes turn murderous and, richly reflecting back light in crimson-cast streaks, everywhere the transformed image drips with splatters of blood in an ominous warning of what truly lies in the little bunny's heart.

Comments